SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#467777 - 03/23/19 11:25 AM Re: jingleman needs back surgery [Re: jingleman]
ekurburski Offline

Loc: Mountain Home, AR
Man, I don't envy you. I personally am a complete woose when it comes to pain. Old age doesn't help a bit. I have been having prostate problems for some time so at the wife's insistence i went to the doctor. First thing is he wanted to do a scope and look at it from the inside. Was assured that it was not painful. Just a little discomfort. Boy was that a lie! On a scale of 1 to 10 it was a 12! Well, the inside was all infected and they needed to scrape the inside clean. This was to clear up the problem. Again, small discomfort that turned into level 12 pain when I came to. Almost a year later and I still have problems wetting my pants. My wife has had major problems with her back for years. She has had operations on her back and neck. She almost didn't make it after the back operation at Kansas State. After that, she said never again. Well 3 weeks ago she was back in the hospital doing a back operation. Seems the nerves have gotten twisted up around the spinal cord or something and of course she is in constant pain. With the elimination of pain medicine she opted for another operation. When she came out of operation she had lost all use of her lower body. Can't walk. She's been in the hospital for 3 weeks this time and they are planning on sending her home next Tuesday. She's been in therapy and is able to finally use a walker. Has been able to go 50 feet with assistance and still in lots of pain. They say she can go to a NH but she refuses. So we're looking at home health care and therapy when she gets home. I also have back trouble. I can't walk to the mailbox and back without severe pain. Once I sit down I get relief but it means I'm sitting ALL the time. I'm sure some Doc is going to recommend an operation. I will fight it to the end. I would rather have to sit on my butt for the rest of my life than go through what I have seen my wife go through these last few years. Quite frankly I am waiting for the state to get there act together and open up the dispensary's we voted to allow. I have some arthritis or tendanitis in my hands and have found the only thing to help is cbd and I hope that marijuana will help with the back pain when I am able to get it. I tried some a while back but can't handle smoking it so will wait for it to be offered in a pill form of some sort.

I know this post is a total negative take on operations and I don't mean to discourage you. I really do hope you all the best. I know that there have been those that get relief from the operation. I pray that that will be the case for you.

#467794 - 03/24/19 06:13 AM Re: jingleman needs back surgery [Re: ekurburski]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Thanks for sharing your testimony with us all. It reminds me to remain humble considering my relatively minor problem compared to the serious health issues many face on our wonderful forum.

My wife too has suffered from a debilitating form of arthritis known as ankylosing spondylosis. Has been disabled since 2007. She suffers far worse than me and has been treated by so many doctors...I can’t count. She is now trying medical marijuana, and is having some success. After years of opiate based medications (which they treat you like a drug dealer), hopefully medical marijuana will be able to replace opiates.

Thanks again to you all for your thoughts and support. I’m sure I’ll be fine. Already got my little studio setup ready while I’m convalescing. Maybe I’ll be able to dig into the 970 and figure it out as well as most of you guys have accomplished with your keyboards.

Thanks again,
jingleman

#467798 - 03/24/19 09:26 AM Re: jingleman needs back surgery [Re: jingleman]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Jingleman,
About 5 years ago I started having tingling and numbness in my arms. I eventually had Cervical Spine surgery which included a fusion of 3 vertebrae. Best thing I decided to do. Here is what I learned. ANYTHING related to nerve damaged needs to be fixed ASAP. The reason-once nerves reach a certain point of damage they can NOT be repaired and the symptoms will remain regardless of the surgery. The best they can do is stop the progression of the damage. Because I waited to long today I still have numb finger tips in both hands.

About 3 years ago I started having tingling in my left leg. I had Lumber Spine surgery( a lamenectomy) done and all is great today. This time I knew not to wait and it ended really well.
FYI- both surgeries were required because of spinal stenosis.

Neither of the surgeries were difficult to go through and I would do either again without hesitation.

This has been my real life experience -- hope it helps your thinking about it all.

Deane

#467799 - 03/24/19 10:04 AM Re: jingleman needs back surgery [Re: hammer]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Spine surgeries result in fewer complications when done by highly experienced surgeons. Don't hesitate to ask about your surgeon's experience with spinal stenosis surgery. If you have any doubts, get a second opinion.

Regards

Jerryghr

#467803 - 03/24/19 03:56 PM Re: jingleman needs back surgery [Re: Jerryghr]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Thanks Deane and Jerry: Deane...I hope to have the success you had. I am looking forward to being able to get out of bed without the help of a cane.

Jerry...I have talked with the two top neuro surgeons in the Fort Myers area. I feel as though I picked the best one for my needs.

Thanks again to all. The support shown on this wonderful forum is nothing short of amazing!

God bless you all,
jingleman

Edited by jingleman (03/24/19 03:57 PM)

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online