SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#46731 - 08/16/06 07:37 PM Sequencer track(s)
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
When using the Sequencer, there is a track #7, marked Rhythm. The space above it, however, is always blank, whereas the other first six tracks can be marked either "Play" or "Record". How do you use the Rhythm track, and is it possible to record a song and then either entirely speed it up or slow it down, or even change the rhythm pattern(s) before saving it to disk? Sometimes, (being a rank amateur player!), I can record a song rather slowly to play all the chords correctly, but then I want to speed it to a more normal or different speed pattern.

Thanks for any help in this matter. I know I can always count on the experts here to answer every question I have!

Personal greetings to you all and happy playing always.

Ted Rose

#46732 - 08/17/06 01:44 AM Re: Sequencer track(s)
technicsplayer Offline

the Rhythm track is used in step record, not real time record. Naturally you can change the tempo. To change the rhythm record from and then change the composer.

#46733 - 08/17/06 08:00 AM Re: Sequencer track(s)
nsr007 Offline

Loc: USA
Ted,

I use the CONTROL track to make any changes in tempo. You can be very precise in a change by doing it in STEP RECORD. This also applies to doing any PANEL MEMORY changes.

Scott

#46734 - 08/17/06 10:36 AM Re: Sequencer track(s)
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Thanks, all who responded! I should have guessed that it would be a "Step record" technique, but I learn something new every day. You are all master teachers and I thank you!

Ted

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online