SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#46716 - 12/02/99 04:07 PM Discussion at Technics Music Canada
Technics Users Web Offline

Loc: Tring, Herts, England
As you may have noticed, it's been taken offline, and nobody posts here because of lack of knowledge, or fear of registering, or maybe even the unfamiliar forum style. Whatever the reason, you can feel free to discuss here:
http://thunder.prohosting.com/~technics/wwwboard

This is part of the forthcoming Technics Users Web at http://www.technicsusers.co.uk

(1st Jan 2000)

So keep an eye out...

------------------
Technics Users Web
www.technicsusers.co.uk

#46717 - 12/02/99 05:09 PM Re: Discussion at Technics Music Canada
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
To all my Technics keyboard friends who have come over from the recently closed "Technics Music Canada" website:

Please HAVE NO FEAR" in both "registering" (it's FREE of course) and "posting" here because this Synth Zone BBS is both a long established and well maintained keyboard discussion group forum. I think this is the BEST place for us Technics Keyboard enthusiasts to set up our "new" home.

The other "SynthZone BBS" Discussion Group which I highly recommend checking out is the : "General Arranger Keyboard Forum", another great place for us to hang out and post messages regarding "all" brands of arranger keyboards, including Technics arranger keyboards of course. Great place to compare notes.

Hope to see your postings both here in the "Technics Discussion" board as well as on the "General Arranger Keyboard Forum".

- Scott

#46718 - 12/02/99 08:18 PM Re: Discussion at Technics Music Canada
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
This may be a good alternative to Technics Music Canada. It's a real shame to lose such a good site but it doesn't make much sense for them to invest money in a site that causes them to lose sales for the KN6000. Let's see if Technics fixes the KN6000 and then decide where to support a forum. Technics Music Canada has been good to all of us for a very long time.

[This message has been edited by Bob Hendershot (edited 12-03-1999).]

#46719 - 12/03/99 12:04 PM Re: Discussion at Technics Music Canada
jamesblonde Offline

Loc: Australia
Yes Bob I agree, but why not put on the board where they have the under construction, an apology and telling us approx when it will be back online? Are things getting to hot for them. Are they trying to hide?

#46720 - 12/04/99 12:56 AM Re: Discussion at Technics Music Canada
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
I really don't think that Technics Music Canada has anything to hide, per se. But I do suspect they were told by Technics (Japan)to cut the forum. We need to remember that Technics Music Canada is just a dealer/distributor who has absolutely nothing to do with designing the keyboard. They are just trying to make a living, and their forum is one form of advertising. If the advertising goes sour you have to get rid of it if you want to stay in business.

Having said that, I do think that Technics (Japan) made some dumb tradeoffs when they were developing the software for the KN6000. I think that they are just trying to do more than the keyboard processor can handle. But, I also think that we should give them a little time to solve the problems with the KN6000. Who knows, there may be a fix underway as we speak. AND, Technics Music Canada will have no control over the solution nor the problem.

[This message has been edited by Bob Hendershot (edited 12-04-1999).]

#46721 - 12/04/99 09:10 AM Re: Discussion at Technics Music Canada
peter castanos Offline

Loc: sydney australia
Hi Scott, Bob & everyone,

I find it difficult to sympathize with Technics Canada. As I'm sure you all know I became very active and critical of the distributor over the last week or so of the forum. There was good reason for this.
Initially, after recognizing the chord recognition problem I posted on the forum a "genuine attempt to communicate" listing some of the problems with the 6000, particularly the chord recognition.
That's when they did something particularly foolish.
Instead of saying they're investigating the matter or are waiting on an official response from Japan or something along those lines, they took the typical wholesaler/retailer stance and emailed me saying:
1. they have tested the 6000 extensively and the chord recognition is "incredibly quick and precise".
2. I should change my playing tecnique.

Following that ridiculous and insulting response I decided to go on the attack, which may or may not have been a wise decision. Time will tell.
I wany more than anything to be able to keep my 6000 and I really hope a fix is underway.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online