SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#466890 - 03/02/19 05:39 PM Re: Is there separate PARTS EQ on a S670? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The S670 is a fantastic arranger keyboard, and it will fit the needs of nearly every arranger keyboard player I know other than Fran. If you were to spray paint the work Roland on it, Fran would have bought one when they first came out and been raving about the break button, which does a lot more than add a bit of silence. And, you can fill to break, which is a neat feature with Yamaha boards - all of them. Same with the style fill, you can fill to self, a feature I have used many times in the past with some 60s 70s rock and roll songs.

Those of you that took the time to listen to some of the songs my Argentinean friend Walter created on his S670 know exactly what I'm talking about. Walter has produced some incredible music with his S670, most of which is movie studio quality.

Enjoy that keyboard, Donny,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#466894 - 03/02/19 07:18 PM Re: Is there separate PARTS EQ on a S670? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Thanx Gary great post

#466895 - 03/02/19 08:19 PM Re: Is there separate PARTS EQ on a S670? [Re: travlin'easy]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
The S670 is a fantastic arranger keyboard, and it will fit the needs of nearly every arranger keyboard player I know other than Fran. If you were to spray paint the work Roland on it, Fran would have bought one when they first came out and been raving about the break button, which does a lot more than add a bit of silence. And, you can fill to break, which is a neat feature with Yamaha boards - all of them. Same with the style fill, you can fill to self, a feature I have used many times in the past with some 60s 70s rock and roll songs.

Those of you that took the time to listen to some of the songs my Argentinean friend Walter created on his S670 know exactly what I'm talking about. Walter has produced some incredible music with his S670, most of which is movie studio quality.

Enjoy that keyboard, Donny,

Gary cool

Gary there have been Roland keyboards I give negative comments about... I will try most any brand keyboard and move on from them when they don't fit me.... even Roland.

Now about that break button... smile I can't think of any other feature I would ignore more than a break button grin

The last 15 years I hardly ever use styles, especially on the job. So "Breaks" are useless to me. shocked

Now if I painted Yamaha on the back of my G70..... I would definitely rave about the keyboard, and not some silly button. smile

Your buddy does make the s670 sound good on most of his tunes.... but not all.. Some sounds are not stellar, and the results show..

There are differences in sound as you move up to better models.. anyone knows that wink

Donny how are you getting around on the keyboard with cursors so far from the view screen... It seems like that takes some effort to get use to..

#466905 - 03/03/19 07:08 AM Re: Is there separate PARTS EQ on a S670? [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Fran I have to say I like the cursor buttons better right at fingertip level above the keys for easy access versus on the sides of the display like the others have giving you much more easy access while playing live.... not only that, the s670 has much better quality built buttons all around then the S970 had.

Edited by Dnj (03/03/19 07:08 AM)

#467079 - 03/06/19 11:10 AM Re: Is there separate PARTS EQ on a S670? [Re: Dnj]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hello Friends

In teh PSR S670 there is a button Mixer in the left side, if you keep pressing it, it will cycle different pages, the first one is Volume Panning, I can´t remember but is either the second or third page that has the EQ for Each part, like I said, with the TAB you can change the page, but with the Mixer if keep pressing it, each time will get you to Panel, to Style parts, Song Parts, etc....

My Two Cents

Manuel

#467085 - 03/06/19 11:55 AM Re: Is there separate PARTS EQ on a S670? [Re: mdorantes]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By mdorantes
Hello Friends

In teh PSR S670 there is a button Mixer in the left side, if you keep pressing it, it will cycle different pages, the first one is Volume Panning, I can´t remember but is either the second or third page that has the EQ for Each part, like I said, with the TAB you can change the page, but with the Mixer if keep pressing it, each time will get you to Panel, to Style parts, Song Parts, etc....

My Two Cents

Manuel

Yes except the s670.... Only master eq

#467086 - 03/06/19 01:02 PM Re: Is there separate PARTS EQ on a S670? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Donny, Manual has it right. You can adjust the EQ of each style part, but it must be saved to a registration.

Just press the mixing console button, then using the tab button tab over to EQ. Now, continue to press the mixing console button until you see Part EQ in the middle of the page. This will allow you to set the EQ for each segment of the style.

Gary cool

#467090 - 03/06/19 01:14 PM Re: Is there separate PARTS EQ on a S670? [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Donny, Manual has it right. You can adjust the EQ of each style part, but it must be saved to a registration.

Just press the mixing console button, then using the tab button tab over to EQ. Now, continue to press the mixing console button until you see Part EQ in the middle of the page. This will allow you to set the EQ for each segment of the style.

Gary cool

OK I'll look into this again closer Thanx..

#467116 - 03/06/19 08:45 PM Re: Is there separate PARTS EQ on a S670? [Re: Dnj]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
I Looked at the manual closely.
It says only Master EQ ...
Eric

#467133 - 03/07/19 07:17 AM Re: Is there separate PARTS EQ on a S670? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

It's one of those things that is not in the manual, Eric. If it is, it is not spelled out clearly, which is nothing unusual.

Gary cool

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online