tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Originally Posted By Impuls
Its a matter of taste , isnt it ?
Impuls :-)

Originally Posted By Bernie9
Yes, it is that. Both boards are excellent, with differences in the navigation and the like. People work in different manners and in different venues. Who's to say objectively; it comes down to an opinion that we hold on to.

The two best answers on this thread ... OF COURSE it's a matter of taste ... I've said many times "the beauty of a keyboard is in the EAR of the beholder ... that is why some people buy a Yamaha, some buy KORG, some buy Roland, Casio, whatever ...

Who is to DEFINITIVELY say that MacDonald's is better (OR WORSE) than Burger King or vice versa? ...it's a matter of taste and choice ... even a side by side A/B test proves nothing as everyone hears something different ... and audiences often react to the difference in a performance, not necessarily whether the sound is better or worse ... and it's STILL a matter of individual OPINION, not FACT ...

Tony but you have to taste them to find out....just sayin'.. coffee

Absolutely, but even after 'tasting', the 'FACT' that one is better than another is still based on personal preference ...

#466340 - 02/20/19 09:46 AM Re: Arranger keyboards [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Tony ....BUT,.....its what I personally think after tasting that counts not somebody else opinion.

#466342 - 02/20/19 09:48 AM Re: Arranger keyboards [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Tony ....BUT,.....its what I personally think after tasting that counts not somebody else opinion.

Donny, my point exactly ! ...

#466345 - 02/20/19 10:44 AM Re: Arranger keyboards [Re: underdog]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
People want to hear the player NOT the keyboard, if they wanted that they could just go to the manufactures website.

Let’s face it; a good player can make even a $50 Casio sound great, so try not to use technology like a crutch and put even more effort than you do now to make your performance even better.

If you’re a home player than technology can be great as it allows you to sound great without the wait, but even home players soon get bored with the tech and either learn to play, or just don’t bother anymore.

Bill

#466360 - 02/20/19 03:39 PM Re: Arranger keyboards [Re: abacus]
ekurburski Offline

Loc: Mountain Home, AR
Originally Posted By abacus

Let’s face it; a good player can make even a $50 Casio sound great, so try not to use technology like a crutch and put even more effort than you do now to make your performance even better.

Yes, & that is why I'm really tring hard to learn all I can about how to best use my 3000 and BIAB that I have!

Edited by ekurburski (02/20/19 03:40 PM)

#466374 - 02/20/19 09:51 PM Re: Arranger keyboards [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By abacus
If you’re a home player than technology can be great as it allows you to sound great without the wait, but even home players soon get bored with the tech and either learn to play, or just don’t bother anymore.

Bill

While i don't get bored with the tech..
There is a reason i started with piano lessons again..
the better you play, the more helpfull the technollogy becomes..
But also the less necessary it is..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#466377 - 02/21/19 03:33 AM Re: Arranger keyboards [Re: Bachus]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Bachus, your post says it all, especially the piano lessons.

We spend large amounts on keyboards to improve our performance when piano lessons or understanding music will make a bigger difference. In no way am I putting down technology, and more buttons, I love um.

John C.

#466380 - 02/21/19 09:12 AM Re: Arranger keyboards [Re: underdog]
dud Online   content

Loc: israel
common , Bachus even profesional keys playeres search for the best gear in order to sound better. it is very rare to see a famous one playing on cheap casio , and even if it happense it is to get a cheezy sound that feets the song they play.

#466383 - 02/21/19 09:29 AM Re: Arranger keyboards [Re: underdog]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I agree you should get piano lessons if you are a piano player, or even use your arranger in piano mode. I've never really played piano, so to me music theory or arranger lessons would be more important if I were just beginning.

#466385 - 02/21/19 09:47 AM Re: Arranger keyboards [Re: DonM]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
+1(well actually + several) for Genos

Of those that actually OWN AND USE a Genos, I've heard few complaints.

Edited by guitpic1 (02/21/19 09:49 AM)

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online