SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#466230 - 02/18/19 03:15 AM Arranger keyboards
underdog Offline

Hi. I am looking for some kind users advice on what would be the best arranger keyboard for my needs
I play in a small two-piece group now keyboards and guitar and use just the keyboard styles with a bit of tweaking
I have been using Ketron (SD1 and at present Audya) for a long time and I am thinking of changing my keyboard.
What would most people recommend. Korg PA4X, Yamaha Genos Ketron SD9. or anything else.?
I live in a fairly remote country area where there are no music shops with any selection of decent keyboards to compare side by side.
We play a variety of country,pop,60s and some irish/scottish traditional music.
I would appreciate any suggestions on users opinions on this.
thank you.

#466231 - 02/18/19 04:09 AM Re: Arranger keyboards [Re: underdog]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
The first question is what you find lacking in the Audya. I have an Audya76 and SD40 and Sd2 modules, as well as Pa4X,Yamaha S970, and Hammond SK1 keyboards. The Audya tops them all in live sound. The Pa4x is my next favorite all around board due to easy navigation and easy editing, as well as great VH, reading midi lead notation and lyrics, and numerous other modern features.

In other words, if your decision is based on features not found on your Audya, and not sound quality, I would vote for Korg Pa4X. If it is sound and styles, I would keep my Audya.

Bernie

#466239 - 02/18/19 08:47 AM Re: Arranger keyboards [Re: Bernie9]
underdog Offline

Thank you Bernie9. Up until recently, I was very happy with my Audya and I dont think I would sell it just yet
The concerns I have is that it would need some new key contacts and twice within this last month it has shut down and rebooted its self for no apparent reason so I am starting to get a bit nervous with it.
I think the Ketron keyboards have very good live sounds but I would like a keyboard with at least four outputs so that would rule out the Ketron SD9.

#466240 - 02/18/19 08:49 AM Re: Arranger keyboards [Re: underdog]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I think you would love the Korg PA4. As mentioned the OS is made for live play and the vocal processing is nothing short of brilliant.

#466255 - 02/18/19 12:49 PM Re: Arranger keyboards [Re: underdog]
dud Online   content

Loc: israel
Genos by far is the best one today ,then comes Ketron and the third is Pax4

I have both the pax4 and genos and the genos shines compare to the pax4 . I keep the Korg only because of the capebility to edit the sound to my taste , but i do not need it with the genos because the sounds are so good that i do not need to edit them.

Edited by dud (02/18/19 12:50 PM)

#466283 - 02/19/19 11:52 AM Re: Arranger keyboards [Re: dud]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By dud
Genos by far is the best one today

opinion, by far
smile

#466291 - 02/19/19 01:37 PM Re: Arranger keyboards [Re: Uncle Dave]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By dud
Genos by far is the best one today

opinion, by far
smile

This, too, is an opinion. smile

#466292 - 02/19/19 01:38 PM Re: Arranger keyboards [Re: underdog]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
It's actually a fact that you've made an opinion.
smile

#466294 - 02/19/19 01:45 PM Re: Arranger keyboards [Re: Uncle Dave]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
It's actually a fact that you've made an opinion.
smile

Dud, you're on your own! smile

#466296 - 02/19/19 02:49 PM Re: Arranger keyboards [Re: underdog]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Wow, you have some great choices there. Here’s my 2cents along with pros
and cons:

Yamaha has the best sounds, The most style choices, But if you want a live sound from the styles it may disappoint you.... If you like a very polished studio sound it’s a great choice. The vocal harmony though lags greatly behind Korg and Ketron.

Korg has great features like the chord sequencer, song book,and the best vocal harmonizes. It has a good selections of styles available but not as many as Yamaha. The sound of the styles is perhaps a little more lively and aggressive then Yamaha . I think of it as a nice “punchy” sound.

Ketron has beautiful very live sound in styles. Only problem is their style choices are very limited. If you know that they have the styles that you need, you should be fine.... The vocal harmonizer is quite good. But maybe it’s not as good as it TC helicon that Korg uses, but way better than Yamaha.

Well I don’t own all the top-of-the-line instruments, I do play all three brands, I still haven’t found the perfect keyboard for me, but I do know that great music can be made on any these keyboards your’re considering. You just need to decide what features are most important to you. Good luck!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online