SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#46636 - 06/21/02 03:35 PM Recognizing cords Technics / Yamaha
gerbo Offline

Loc: Vaassen, Netherlands
When I play in the fingered cord mode I discovered that per example the cord Asmaj 79
is interpreted as Cmin7 on the KN 6000

I counted the cords which the KN 6000 can recognize in the fingered mode and that is 22

When I count the cords in the Yamaha 1000/2000 in the fingered mode I count 35

I tried the Asmaj 79 on the Yamaha 2000 or
any other cheap Yamaha model and he could read it perfect!!

My question is:
Why can't Technics compete with Yamaha?!!

I'm thinking of buying the new coming TYROS
instead of the new KN 7000 who has probably the same cord recognizing.

Gerrit Bosman.

#46637 - 06/21/02 03:57 PM Re: Recognizing cords Technics / Yamaha
kozykeys Offline

Loc: york england
does the chord Asmaj 79 contain the notes c/eb/g/Bb in any particular order? because these are the notes of cmin7 .
I have never seen asmaj7 come up on any yamaha or technics machine I have ever used,
I am puzzled
jan

#46638 - 06/21/02 04:01 PM Re: Recognizing cords Technics / Yamaha
gerbo Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kozykeys:
does the chord Asmaj 79 contain the notes c/eb/g/Bb in any particular order? because these are the notes of cmin7 .
I have never seen asmaj7 come up on any yamaha or technics machine I have ever used,
I am puzzled
jan

hi Jan:

play as/bes/c/es/g

Gerrit

#46639 - 06/21/02 04:30 PM Re: Recognizing cords Technics / Yamaha
kozykeys Offline

Loc: york england
Those notes give me Amin79 on the KN6500
jan

[This message has been edited by kozykeys (edited 06-21-2002).]

#46640 - 06/22/02 01:50 PM Re: Recognizing cords Technics / Yamaha
gerbo Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kozykeys:
Those notes give me Amin79 on the KN6500
jan

[This message has been edited by kozykeys (edited 06-21-2002).]

Thanks Jan for the info
bye Gerrit

#46641 - 06/22/02 02:56 PM Re: Recognizing cords Technics / Yamaha
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Hey Gerrit,

Old Grampa Doug has been around a long time. I thought I have seen everything. Every time I say that somebody comes up with something I never saw. My rich uncle gave me a free two and a half year cruise to most of the islands of the pacific in the fourties. The only area I did not see was Europe. Played my sax and licorice stick over many waters. Ruthie made the remark one time I should have drowned them while I had a chance. She was elated for a while after I lost my teeth and had to quit the band. She was not her old self. Too happy and too content . The quiet was more than I could endure. To remedy this I invested in my first KN. Very good I thought but still too soft, not like the old band. Good speakers, big speakers, some for each channel. Now we're cooking. Ruthie was her old self. Great. She got her gripes back and I lost a little more of my hearing. Just like old times.

All this american music. Learning all the chords and jazz chords. Now in my old age there is somebody rocking my boat. Gerrit why are you doing this to me. Why do they do things in the Netherlands to through me off here in the US of A. I know an A chord. I know an Amaj chord. I know an A sixth chord, an A ninth, an Am, an AM, A -5, A +5, A sus4 and a Amaj69 and a few more, but what in the heck is it when you throw a (s) into the mix? Asmaj69?

I asked Ruthie, when I play my beautiful music for you and those beautiful chords float through the air into those cute little ears of yours and I ad a (s) to the chord, what do I do to the chord. Easy she retorted. You do that many times without even trying. I do? I said. Well how does it sound I said, expecting I did something wonderful for a change. Maybe it sounds sort of continental I mused. She brought me back to reality when she gave her opinion of what the (s) meant. It means you sound like S_ _ _! Ruth I should have had more sense than to ask you. Your
just ticked because you think I play too loud. All my fans like it. The only kind of fans you need is to blow the stink away she quipped as she walked into the kitchen.

Guess I'll just have to ask Gerrit. What kind of a chord does adding an s make it?

Grampa Doug

#46642 - 06/22/02 06:11 PM Re: Recognizing cords Technics / Yamaha
Jean Olivia Offline

Loc: Melbourne Victoria Australia
That's got me baffled too, Grandpa.!!Jean.

#46643 - 06/23/02 02:59 AM Re: Recognizing cords Technics / Yamaha
technicsplayer Offline

this is continental chord notation.

B = H

Bb = Ais or A# = B

# = is so that C# = Cis, D# = Dis, F# = Fis, G# = Gis

b = s or es so that Db = Des, Eb = Es, Gb = Ges, Ab is As

I think that's the lot! now go figure the chords!

On Technics if it's not in fingered, it's in pianist. On Yamaha they have a mode that combines both fingered and single finger chords so you can swap between either.

#46644 - 06/23/02 06:35 AM Re: Recognizing cords Technics / Yamaha
Jean Olivia Offline

Loc: Melbourne Victoria Australia
I knew Australia was the best place to live!! Now I know why!! Jean.

#46645 - 06/23/02 07:56 AM Re: Recognizing cords Technics / Yamaha
rmcouat Offline

Loc: Vancouver BC Canada
I have a KN1400 but am new to this and aspiring for the KN7K :-) Played accordion for 20 years from age 10, then the demands of working in the computer industry cut severely into practice time for 20 years, now am picking it back up.

I tried this out in Pianist mode and the display is AsM79 which is correct. If you take out the Bflat key you have an AflatMajorSeventh displayed as AsMaj7 so when the 9th is added in I guess the display folds up the Maj to just M.

In fingered mode I get As add 9 and in one finger mode which would be bogus regardless it shows es min 7

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online