SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#465874 - 02/08/19 04:03 AM Re: Yamaha Genos/Montage Streaming demo with Q&A 2/11 [Re: shueymusic]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Tx for sharing this info.

#465875 - 02/08/19 04:07 AM Re: Yamaha Genos/Montage Streaming demo with Q&A 2/11 [Re: Dnj]
guitpic1 Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Demo the Vocal harmonizer VH2 tracking in depth....
with power singing to see if there are drop offs, etc,.

thanx

I've been using VH for a few years now at gigs...never had a drop off problem....not sure what this is about?

The harmonizer on the PA4X I had was also good but I never noticed a huge improvement over my Yamaha VH.....????

Edited by guitpic1 (02/08/19 04:07 AM)

#465878 - 02/08/19 07:27 AM Re: Yamaha Genos/Montage Streaming demo with Q&A 2/11 [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By guitpic1
Originally Posted By Dnj

thanx

I've been using VH for a few years now at gigs...never had a drop off problem....not sure what this is about?

The harmonizer on the PA4X I had was also good but I never noticed a huge improvement over my Yamaha VH.....????

guitpic....you would have to post a demo or two featuring VH2
power singing with genos, etc, trio harmony for me to even begin to try and embrace any VH Yamaha has ever produced to this point VS TC helicon and especially tracking during a performance....sorry but I don't buy it.

Edited by Dnj (02/08/19 07:28 AM)

#465896 - 02/08/19 10:39 AM Re: Yamaha Genos/Montage Streaming demo with Q&A 2/11 [Re: Dnj]
guitpic1 Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By Dnj

thanx

power singing with genos, etc, trio harmony for me to even begin to try and embrace any VH Yamaha has ever produced to this point VS TC helicon and especially tracking during a performance....sorry but I don't buy it.

Any experience with VH2?

#465900 - 02/08/19 11:21 AM Re: Yamaha Genos/Montage Streaming demo with Q&A 2/11 [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By Dnj

thanx

Any experience with VH2?

I have had much experience with VH2 in the past on a few of my Yamaha arrangers and have been sadly dismayed every time with tracking and directional issues also,resorting to using TC helicon units every time its like night and day in quality. I would suspect and hearing from many genos users that NOTHING has changed design wise with VH2.

#465907 - 02/08/19 12:20 PM Re: Yamaha Genos/Montage Streaming demo with Q&A 2/11 [Re: frankieve]
BradgeMusicTube Offline

I thought the harmonizer in the G-70/Discover5/E-80 was REALLY good, on par with the Korg TC Helicon units. The only unit from Yamaha i've ever tried was the VH2 and i didn't like the way it sounded but it tracked pretty well.

#465908 - 02/08/19 12:31 PM Re: Yamaha Genos/Montage Streaming demo with Q&A 2/11 [Re: BradgeMusicTube]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By BradgeMusicTube
I thought the harmonizer in the G-70/Discover5/E-80 was REALLY good, on par with the Korg TC Helicon units. The only unit from Yamaha i've ever tried was the VH2 and i didn't like the way it sounded but it tracked pretty well.

VH2 is horrible when tracking no matter how your set it up....
try a trio or whatever and come in to the mic side ways or anything outside of straight dead on as if you were performing live to the mic
drop outs occur all the time and the quality is cheesy at best.
Sorry all you yammy players but that's my experiences, ...until someone demos VH2 and proves me wrong I'll stay with that fact on VH2. At least korg got it right and asked TC helicon for help on their models...

Edited by Dnj (02/08/19 12:39 PM)

#465929 - 02/09/19 07:52 AM Re: Yamaha Genos/Montage Streaming demo with Q&A 2/11 [Re: frankieve]
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Please, put all questions together and send them to my email Frank@AudioworksCT.com

11:00 am for Genos

3:00 pm for Montage

#465979 - 02/11/19 07:52 AM Re: Yamaha Genos/Montage Streaming demo with Q&A 2/11 [Re: frankieve]
frankieve Offline

Unfortunately, due to a flight issue, the Q&A demo stream will happen tomorrow Tuesday the 12th at 11:00 am eastern

Sorry for the inconvenience

#465980 - 02/11/19 07:52 AM Re: Yamaha Genos/Montage Streaming demo with Q&A 2/11 [Re: frankieve]
frankieve Offline

Also, anyone buying a Yamaha arranger from AudioworksCT this week will get a free expansion pack

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online