SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#465419 - 01/29/19 08:11 PM Slash chords and melody with only 49 keys?
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
I might be in need of a compact setup similar to what Hammer pictured on his Bose S1 thread.

On my 61-key home arranger, if a song has slash chords like G/Bb (where the lowest key played determines the accompaniment bass note), it's necessary to set the "split" for the chord recognition area at Bb2 or even B2.
Let's say the lowest note in the melody is G below middle C. Because the split is at Bb2, that 'G' has to be played in the 3rd physical octave of the keyboard. If that same melody extends to E above high C, that 'E' would have to be played in the 5th physical octave.

Is it possible to play songs like this on a 49-key controller? Suggestions??

Edited by TedS (01/29/19 08:12 PM)

#465427 - 01/30/19 01:56 AM Re: Slash chords and melody with only 49 keys? [Re: TedS]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Get yourself a set of bass pedals and learn to play them, that way you don’t have to keep working out how to manipulate the chord to suit the style recognition system. (You no longer need the bass auto accompaniment)

When single accompaniment keyboards (Now called arrangers) came out (And for many years later) most TOTL boards were 49 note so it can be done, but these days 49 notes are usually just used for solo playing.

Bill

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online