SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#4649 - 11/02/04 10:13 AM Re: New Roland Juno-D
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well it just seems to come accross as people being pissed off. Alright some of the people over on the VSE BBS. I seem to be getting that impression here, but I guess I was wrong. I appologise.

#4650 - 11/02/04 11:33 AM Re: New Roland Juno-D
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Cool

I don't think anyone is bitching. People are simply disapointed. One doesn't have to be an analog purist to be disapointed in this case. Anyone who owned, owns or even just toyed around with JUNO synths had certain expectations when they went to check out the new JUNO-D. A lot of them were in for a disapointment since the JUNO-D is a completely different synth made for a different kind of buyer.

Next time Roland announce another big name like JUNO or a Jupiter a lot of those folks will be somewhat weary of Roland playing another sales trick. At least it came across as a sales trick this time.

-ED-

#4651 - 11/02/04 01:09 PM Re: New Roland Juno-D
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well I certainly won't let it bother me. Besides I have more of an afinaty towards KORG. Gonna save up and buy me a Triton Le.

#4652 - 12/26/04 02:34 AM Re: New Roland Juno-D
Anonymous
Unregistered

i don't want to be mean or anything, but seriously this juno-d thing is complete crap. i suppose i can understand people that aren't analog people not understanding our disgust. but i own a juno 106 and a bandmate of mine has a juno 60. and they are sacred. i think it was foolish of roland to not take the road the started with the jp-8000, that thing had a huge buzz, even depeche mode used one during the ultra tour. that was the first time they'd played a roland board on stage in like 15 years. this is pre virus and nord lead. i mean for "synth" bands what other roland synths are standard? you have jupiters and junos and the d-50, otherwise the newer jd-800 and jp-8000, most of what they make or have made in the last ten years is for "keyboard players" a totally different group of people. i think it just pierces the heart of synth people to have a juno out there that is some bastard red headed step child, call it the "xp-fantom-v-RS 72000" but don't call it juno, cause some guy that plays the keys in an 80's cover band downtown doesn't understand the legend.

#4653 - 12/26/04 10:47 AM Re: New Roland Juno-D
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Roland didn't mislead anyone...they graded it for you "D"..

#4654 - 12/26/04 12:53 PM Re: New Roland Juno-D
3351 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada.
Well, obviously grading it "D" didn't do the trick. They have pissed off a lot of people. If that was their intent than they have succeeded. I just think that most companies are after getting customers, not pissing them off.

I personally don't think that ROland do a poor job making good synths nowadays. The Phantom series are simply fantastic.
However, I chose to get a Motif ES8 instead. Mostly because of the plug-in boards, keyboard action, quality of samples and FX. Roland have yet to catch up on that.
I am looking at getting their V-synth though. With the optional plug-in cards and all the features added it is a killer. I just hope Roland make more synths like it.

-ED-

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online