SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#464420 - 01/10/19 10:07 AM Story about buying the PA4X
skude Offline

I finally made my decision to buy the PA4X. Went to the local music store ( been a customer for over 50 years) we agreed on price and delivery before Christmas. Got order confirmed on e-mail. they should call me for pickup asap. Two days before Christmas, nothing heard, I called them, then they said they could not sell it for the we price agreed on. What they wanted now was more than I was willing to pay, so I cancelled the order. Then I contacted another store, price there was even better than the first one. It was not in stock but was coming from the distributor in Sweden. This was close to Christmas and the distributor was closed until jan. 2. Promised to ship it jan. 2. that did not happen, shipped jan. 8. shipped to me from the store today. Wrong model, oriental version, and that’s not what I ordered. So here we are back to start. No gigs booked for jan. And I was ready to put a months work into the PA4X , now the PA3X probably has to do the job next month also. Not easy, frustrated, yes. lol.
skude

#464423 - 01/10/19 10:33 AM Re: Story about buying the PA4X [Re: skude]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By skude

I finally made my decision to buy the PA4X. Went to the local music store ( been a customer for over 50 years) we agreed on price and delivery before Christmas. Got order confirmed on e-mail. they should call me for pickup asap. Two days before Christmas, nothing heard, I called them, then they said they could not sell it for the we price agreed on. What they wanted now was more than I was willing to pay, so I cancelled the order. Then I contacted another store, price there was even better than the first one. It was not in stock but was coming from the distributor in Sweden. This was close to Christmas and the distributor was closed until jan. 2. Promised to ship it jan. 2. that did not happen, shipped jan. 8. shipped to me from the store today. Wrong model, oriental version, and that’s not what I ordered. So here we are back to start. No gigs booked for jan. And I was ready to put a months work into the PA4X , now the PA3X probably has to do the job next month also. Not easy, frustrated, yes. lol.
skude

Things like that indeed are very frustrating...

I think i would be furious aboutthe 1st location
And write about this in social media..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#464435 - 01/10/19 12:15 PM Re: Story about buying the PA4X [Re: skude]
124 Offline

Yep, you'd been a customer for fifty years and they pull a stunt like that? I'd be putting that about for sure. I feel your pain, Skude.

#464441 - 01/10/19 02:24 PM Re: Story about buying the PA4X [Re: skude]
SAM CA Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
I agree with Bachus. Do they have a Yelp page? It will teach them a lesson or two!

#464442 - 01/10/19 02:40 PM Re: Story about buying the PA4X [Re: skude]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I wouldn't burn bridges. You might need them in the future. Turn the other cheek. smile

#464443 - 01/10/19 04:35 PM Re: Story about buying the PA4X [Re: skude]
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
It doesn't matter how many years you buy from a store it's all about the profit margin that they make to keep in this fast paced business. You move on and buy it from some were else support is bad anywhere you buy these days.

#464447 - 01/10/19 06:01 PM Re: Story about buying the PA4X [Re: DonM]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Don, that’s a bit of wisdom, it’s really not worth the effort.
When it is all over, you’re upset and they are off to their next sale.

John C.

#464450 - 01/10/19 09:15 PM Re: Story about buying the PA4X [Re: vangelis]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By vangelis
support is bad almost anywhere you buy these days.

I reapaired the obvious mistake ..

There are still a few exceptions where support is still great. Most of the time family owned and operated businesses.

#464453 - 01/11/19 02:04 AM Re: Story about buying the PA4X [Re: skude]
skude Offline

Well, the Christmas Holiday made me cool down, so I will let it go. When I cancelled the order I did it to the owner himself, that I have known all these years, he knows what I think about this. I will leave it there, and not spend more time going nowhere. But they should not complain when people buy online. Cannot blame this other store for getting the wrong version, it's all on the distributor . Will get a new time of delivery of the wright one later today, my fingers crossed. lol
skude

#464454 - 01/11/19 02:20 AM Re: Story about buying the PA4X [Re: DonM]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By DonM
I wouldn't burn bridges. You might need them in the future. Turn the other cheek. smile

Screw that they need you more than you need them. I would slam them so others don't have to put up with bad business practices. If you don't they will continue bad business practices.

#464466 - 01/11/19 08:53 AM Re: Story about buying the PA4X [Re: skude]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
They should have realized their mistake right away as soon as they went to order it from the distributor. And to not contact you and leave you waiting ! No way. The owner should of accepted his mistake and made good on his promise, especially since you have been a long time customer. The loss he would of taken could be a lot less than the missed business in the future.
Had this happen to me with a car purchase. Called twice to confirm the price so I could get a cashiers check. Went to pick it up and "Oh we made a $1000 mistake" Almost called the cops as they wouldn't give my deposit back. We finally agreed to split the differance and I also got lifetime oil changes with the car. Went there numerous times when I was sitll in NJ for the oil changes but never used them for any other service.

#464468 - 01/11/19 08:57 AM Re: Story about buying the PA4X [Re: skude]
DonM Offline

Well I see both sides of the situation. I probably wouldn't use the dealer again, but I know when you say things on social media, those statements are there forever. Just be careful.
Seems as if it will work out for the best since an even lower price resulted.

#464477 - 01/11/19 10:39 AM Re: Story about buying the PA4X [Re: skude]
skude Offline

Thanks for all support guys!! Message from the store, new KB on it's way. This store has been great, they have been E-mailing me all day long about what's going on. I'm sure my business with my local store will be less after this. I have used tons of money there during the years. I will let you know mid. next week how it goes, hope I'll get the right version this time. lol
skude

#464483 - 01/11/19 11:25 AM Re: Story about buying the PA4X [Re: DonM]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
Well I see both sides of the situation. I probably wouldn't use the dealer again, but I know when you say things on social media, those statements are there forever. Just be careful.
Seems as if it will work out for the best since an even lower price resulted.

Wouldn’t you warn your friends to beware for that shop?

#464487 - 01/11/19 03:27 PM Re: Story about buying the PA4X [Re: Bachus]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By Bachus

...Wouldn’t you warn your friends to beware for that shop?

Guess it's an Norwegian dealer, so most people here at SZ will not be in the 'Danger Zone'. confused
But yes, always nice to know who is good and who is not quite as good to treat the customers well.
keys
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#464985 - 01/22/19 06:03 AM Re: Story about buying the PA4X [Re: skude]
skude Offline

After a longer wait than expected I finally got my PA4X. I am now working on editing my Pa3x songbook to work in the 4x, all my old user styles are working good. Since there are no Performance banks I wonder if anyone tell me how to change and save a new startup style?
skude

#464987 - 01/22/19 07:12 AM Re: Story about buying the PA4X [Re: skude]
DonM Offline

Set everything like you want it, then press and hold the My Settings button. Save and you are done!

#465013 - 01/22/19 10:41 AM Re: Story about buying the PA4X [Re: skude]
skude Offline

Thanks Don!
I did "My settings" but I had not turned off/on the KB yet so I didn't know this was the startup. smile Great KB, love the big display, and even the old user styles sounds very good. I have to study more I guess, may be I even have to read the manual smile but as usual not enough time. Hope to get most of it ready for work next Saturday
skude

#465027 - 01/22/19 02:59 PM Re: Story about buying the PA4X [Re: skude]
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
That store should have done everything in their power to make up for the mistake, I understand when a mistake happens, and sometimes it's not the dealer fault. But I have been part of similar situations. I'll do whatever I can do, even if it is me going head to head with Yamaha or Korg, etc.

Because being a very small shop, I am hands-on with everything, because I'm the only one here. So I have very small profit margins, to compete with the big guys, even having much better prices, I have people that know me from the forums, or have bought from me before, not even give me a chance to beat a price, or even given a chance, and they end up buying from Sweetwater or wherever.

I completely understand buying from them, when it's a brand I don't carry or have access to, But when it's a line I carry and don't even get an email or call then I read about it on facebook or forums, it hurts, not only financially, but it gets deep, it's almost impossible to be a small shop and compete, let alone stay in business.

Sorry, I strayed from the conversation

The dealer should appreciate the customer, and do whatever they can to keep that customer, especially when mistakes where made, every customer is important, and should be treated as so.

Money is money and can be spent anywhere, but soon there will be no more small guys, and then the big guys will do whatever they want, and customers can't do or say a thing.

#465053 - 01/23/19 02:40 AM Re: Story about buying the PA4X [Re: skude]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I have bought 4 keyboards from Frank and won't go anywhere else. He not only has the best price, but will spent any time necessary to solve a problem or give his expert opinion on gear in general. He has gone to bat for me, as well as many others on the forum.

We love you Frank

#465054 - 01/23/19 03:43 AM Re: Story about buying the PA4X [Re: Bernie9]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bernie9
I have bought 4 keyboards from Frank and won't go anywhere else. He not only has the best price, but will spent any time necessary to solve a problem or give his expert opinion on gear in general. He has gone to bat for me, as well as many others on the forum.

We love you Frank

+1

#465073 - 01/23/19 10:22 AM Re: Story about buying the PA4X [Re: Bernie9]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Originally Posted By Bernie9

We love you Frank

+1

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online