SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#464420 - 01/10/19 10:07 AM Story about buying the PA4X
skude Offline

I finally made my decision to buy the PA4X. Went to the local music store ( been a customer for over 50 years) we agreed on price and delivery before Christmas. Got order confirmed on e-mail. they should call me for pickup asap. Two days before Christmas, nothing heard, I called them, then they said they could not sell it for the we price agreed on. What they wanted now was more than I was willing to pay, so I cancelled the order. Then I contacted another store, price there was even better than the first one. It was not in stock but was coming from the distributor in Sweden. This was close to Christmas and the distributor was closed until jan. 2. Promised to ship it jan. 2. that did not happen, shipped jan. 8. shipped to me from the store today. Wrong model, oriental version, and that’s not what I ordered. So here we are back to start. No gigs booked for jan. And I was ready to put a months work into the PA4X , now the PA3X probably has to do the job next month also. Not easy, frustrated, yes. lol.
skude

#464423 - 01/10/19 10:33 AM Re: Story about buying the PA4X [Re: skude]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By skude

I finally made my decision to buy the PA4X. Went to the local music store ( been a customer for over 50 years) we agreed on price and delivery before Christmas. Got order confirmed on e-mail. they should call me for pickup asap. Two days before Christmas, nothing heard, I called them, then they said they could not sell it for the we price agreed on. What they wanted now was more than I was willing to pay, so I cancelled the order. Then I contacted another store, price there was even better than the first one. It was not in stock but was coming from the distributor in Sweden. This was close to Christmas and the distributor was closed until jan. 2. Promised to ship it jan. 2. that did not happen, shipped jan. 8. shipped to me from the store today. Wrong model, oriental version, and that’s not what I ordered. So here we are back to start. No gigs booked for jan. And I was ready to put a months work into the PA4X , now the PA3X probably has to do the job next month also. Not easy, frustrated, yes. lol.
skude

Things like that indeed are very frustrating...

I think i would be furious aboutthe 1st location
And write about this in social media..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#464435 - 01/10/19 12:15 PM Re: Story about buying the PA4X [Re: skude]
124 Offline

Yep, you'd been a customer for fifty years and they pull a stunt like that? I'd be putting that about for sure. I feel your pain, Skude.

#464441 - 01/10/19 02:24 PM Re: Story about buying the PA4X [Re: skude]
SAM CA Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
I agree with Bachus. Do they have a Yelp page? It will teach them a lesson or two!

#464442 - 01/10/19 02:40 PM Re: Story about buying the PA4X [Re: skude]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I wouldn't burn bridges. You might need them in the future. Turn the other cheek. smile

#464443 - 01/10/19 04:35 PM Re: Story about buying the PA4X [Re: skude]
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
It doesn't matter how many years you buy from a store it's all about the profit margin that they make to keep in this fast paced business. You move on and buy it from some were else support is bad anywhere you buy these days.

#464447 - 01/10/19 06:01 PM Re: Story about buying the PA4X [Re: DonM]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Don, that’s a bit of wisdom, it’s really not worth the effort.
When it is all over, you’re upset and they are off to their next sale.

John C.

#464450 - 01/10/19 09:15 PM Re: Story about buying the PA4X [Re: vangelis]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By vangelis
support is bad almost anywhere you buy these days.

I reapaired the obvious mistake ..

There are still a few exceptions where support is still great. Most of the time family owned and operated businesses.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#464453 - 01/11/19 02:04 AM Re: Story about buying the PA4X [Re: skude]
skude Offline

Well, the Christmas Holiday made me cool down, so I will let it go. When I cancelled the order I did it to the owner himself, that I have known all these years, he knows what I think about this. I will leave it there, and not spend more time going nowhere. But they should not complain when people buy online. Cannot blame this other store for getting the wrong version, it's all on the distributor . Will get a new time of delivery of the wright one later today, my fingers crossed. lol
skude

#464454 - 01/11/19 02:20 AM Re: Story about buying the PA4X [Re: DonM]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By DonM
I wouldn't burn bridges. You might need them in the future. Turn the other cheek. smile

Screw that they need you more than you need them. I would slam them so others don't have to put up with bad business practices. If you don't they will continue bad business practices.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online