SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#464110 - 01/02/19 01:12 PM What I don’t like about prices...
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
…is that they are so high!

Yes, I feel like posting silly things.

I’m just browsing Russian site where people sell their used musical instruments and I realize that there’re practically no good deals.

I imagine that people like me open this site thinking “oh, maybe I’ll make a bargain here”, and people who sell think “oh, maybe I’ll make a fortune”.

The thing is that you can easily find a photo camera, for example, for 25% of its initial price, just because it’s an old model. But when it comes to keyboards it seems that people expect to get about 80% of their money back.

Sometimes it’s easier to make a good deal on a new keyboard, I guess, it’s due to the fact that professional salesmen keep their expectations realistic.

It’s true that I made a few good deals myself buying used gear. But I’m not optimistic now. Just saw a used Tyros 5 for a price close to new Genos.

And what is your impression about a second market in your country? Do you usually see people trying to make a sale or trying to rip you off?

#464111 - 01/02/19 01:35 PM Re: What I don’t like about prices... [Re: Kabinopus]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I suppose you can't blame a person for trying to get maximum value, but I must agree, many are priced unrealistically.
However, I've bought and sold numerous arrangers from the good people on this site, and have not been disappointed even once.
We are so fortunate here in the U.S. to be able to purchase new gear, and some used, from FrankieV. I makes it easier to move the gear along later and not get killed on the price.
I'm selfishly glad that everyone doesn't know about his operation!

#464146 - 01/02/19 09:17 PM Re: What I don’t like about prices... [Re: Kabinopus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Kabinopus
…is that they are so high!

Yes, I feel like posting silly things.

I’m just browsing Russian site where people sell their used musical instruments and I realize that there’re practically no good deals.

I imagine that people like me open this site thinking “oh, maybe I’ll make a bargain here”, and people who sell think “oh, maybe I’ll make a fortune”.

The thing is that you can easily find a photo camera, for example, for 25% of its initial price, just because it’s an old model. But when it comes to keyboards it seems that people expect to get about 80% of their money back.

Sometimes it’s easier to make a good deal on a new keyboard, I guess, it’s due to the fact that professional salesmen keep their expectations realistic.

It’s true that I made a few good deals myself buying used gear. But I’m not optimistic now. Just saw a used Tyros 5 for a price close to new Genos.

And what is your impression about a second market in your country? Do you usually see people trying to make a sale or trying to rip you off?

I think used prices have dropped considerably over here in Europe over the last few years..

I am selling my PA4x(76) for 2300 euro
Which i think might be considered a great deal with shop prices for a new one at 3200 euro..

Many people still try to sell for to much
OR are prepared to pay to much
When i looked at the used market in Holland, there is 2 other PA4x's for sale, both at 2700 but they are for sale for quite some time now, indicating their prices are to high..

I think the high prices in Russia might be a local thing..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#464163 - 01/03/19 10:14 AM Re: What I don’t like about prices... [Re: Kabinopus]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
Turns out that prices for PA4x (76) in Russia are similar: €3130 for a new one; €2170 for a barely used one. Usually we blame taxes and the customs for high prices here, so now I know that prices aren’t better in Holland.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online