SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#464096 - 01/02/19 09:50 AM Thought about trading/selling Genos
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
I couldn't do it. Genos just feels right for me.

It's been the one keyboard that I feel like I can take anywhere and it will work for me.

The other keyboard that I have started to bond with is my Casio PX560. I'm not ready to gig with it yet..would need several additions.

But, it does feel right for me, at least playing at home...love the hammered action and rougher(simulated ivory?) keys.

Years ago, I bonded with Taylor guitars. That hasn't changed.

Bonding with an instrument is an interesting thing.

smile

#464165 - 01/03/19 11:06 AM Re: Thought about trading/selling Genos [Re: guitpic1]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
Thinking about Genos, I recall what Steve Jobs was saying about touchscreens.

He was saying that switching to touchscreens would mean a complete redesigning of operation system.

I guess this is the way how Genos appeared. You just can’t give a touchscreen to Tyros and stop there. And if you have to rethink all menus and buttons, you may present it as a new keyboard altogether.

We know that before Genos, Yamaha introduced a touchscreen used in Clavinova.

It’s true that Korg had used touchscreens even before we started to live in a touchscreen reality.

The same story goes for a Motif line. A touchscreen turned it into Montage and now we have MODX, which some people call “the best offer”.

Given that a touchscreen is a “must” in the "iPhone’s world", we may speculate about how long a PSR line will resist the pressure. Will it also get a new name? Or will it be like PSR-S1000, PSR-S2000?

We’ll see.

Attachments
xf.jpg

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online