SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#462957 - 12/12/18 05:57 AM Re: Not Jazz or Christmas-y ... but ... [Re: Bill Lewis]
Harold123 Offline

Loc: Harrisville Pa USA
Love It!!!!!! Thank You for Posting it....Harold

#462959 - 12/12/18 06:21 AM Re: Not Jazz or Christmas-y ... but ... [Re: tony mads usa]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Tony It’s nice to hear you singing --- it’s better than looking at your picture all the time.

Opps! There goes my sick humor again. If I didn’t love ya I wouldn’t do it.

Please post more of your music, John C.

#462966 - 12/12/18 09:28 AM Re: Not Jazz or Christmas-y ... but ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Not only did he do a great job on the tune, he’s a good friend to me.

Tony and I met at one of the best breakfast restaurants in state of Rhode Island this morning and caught up on gigs, stories and life in general. Always a pleasure Tony!

#462969 - 12/12/18 09:46 AM Re: Not Jazz or Christmas-y ... but ... [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Stephenm52

Tony and I met at one of the best breakfast restaurants in state of Rhode Island this morning and caught up on gigs, stories and life in general. Always a pleasure Tony!

Pics?

#462970 - 12/12/18 09:59 AM Re: Not Jazz or Christmas-y ... but ... [Re: Stephenm52]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Thank you all for the kind words and compliments ... they are VERY much appreciated ... blush

John C., not a problem my friend ... but be careful what you ask for ... wink

back atcha, Steve ... always good to spend time with you ...

Making one's own backing track is a lot of fun - especially when KORG makes it SO easy ... (and I imagine other KBs also, but I own a KORG) ... I took a style - I THINK it was 'POP BALLAD', went to the 16 track sequencer and made a quick backing track of just the chord changes, then started changing pads and deleting/adding/changing tracks ... This gives one a chance to have fun and be creative ... if you don't like the track you just put down, get rid of it and try something else ...
On the FLIP SIDE - there always is a FLIP SIDE, right? - for ME, playing with a backing track does not leave as much room for creativity during a performance, unless you are going to play mostly an instrumental over the track ...
There are a couple of iconic songs that I will always play a backing track for such as New York, New York ... just too much necessary background for me to play the whole thing live ...

#462971 - 12/12/18 10:00 AM Re: Not Jazz or Christmas-y ... but ... [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

Pics?

Sorry ... didn't think of it ... too much talking going on ... laugh2

#462980 - 12/12/18 11:38 AM Re: Not Jazz or Christmas-y ... but ... [Re: tony mads usa]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Hey Tony nice vocal and I liked the arrangement very much. Hope to here some more soon!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#462987 - 12/12/18 12:28 PM Re: Not Jazz or Christmas-y ... but ... [Re: Stephenm52]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA

I'm jealous of you guys, I may have to move to Rhode Island. No, no, don't call your realtor and moving company, I'm just kidding smile. Besides, it's too damn cold up there anyway smile.

chas

#462988 - 12/12/18 01:11 PM Re: Not Jazz or Christmas-y ... but ... [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

You COULD come up for a visit !!! coffee

#462989 - 12/12/18 01:25 PM Re: Not Jazz or Christmas-y ... but ... [Re: tony mads usa]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Thanks Tony (sincerely). Maybe, if the temperature ever gets above 80F there smile. In the meantime, keep pumping out more tunes (and hassling Steve to do the same smile ).

chas

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online