SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#462612 - 12/06/18 06:37 AM Re: BIAB 2019 [Re: Bernie9]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By Bernie9
I am thinking of upgrading my BIAB which is ancient. I am thinking of midi or real track sequences and wonder what use BIAB tracks would be in my Pa4X, which shows me the lead notation. I presume you have to choose midi over real tracks, and would that play in my Korg?

The second question is related to the computer that would be needed for the whole program in general. If I buy the Ultimate+ flash drive, I wouldn't have to worry about capacity so much as disk speed for audio. I haven't touched BIAB in years, so I apologize for these fundamental questions. I would appreciate any advice offered.

Bernie

You can save BB songs as a MIDI file that will play on the PA4X and you can change the sounds and so forth from there-don't know about the notation. As for the computer, any reasonable computer will run it. But if you want to run it from an external drive rather than install everything on your computer, I would recommend the USB hard drive option. I just tried 2014 with the USB hard drive with my laptop and it runs fine so I upgraded to 2019. Hopefully I can pick up something from John Jarvis. smile Also liked the background vocals they have added since my last upgrade. Nothing fills out an arrangement like some oohs and ahhs.

#462613 - 12/06/18 06:38 AM Re: BIAB 2019 [Re: jingleman]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By jingleman
Wouldn’t it be great if arrangers would show up in your daw as a plug-in and transfer parts
to separate tracks. Imagine the possibilities (Yamaha...hint...hint)

This is exactly what yamaha has done for the montage....
So the technollogy is allready developed...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#462618 - 12/06/18 06:58 AM Re: BIAB 2019 [Re: Bachus]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
If the technology is there...why not implement in their arrangers. After all, they only charge significantly more for the pleasure of buying an arranger over a modx.

Oh yah...I forgot. Marketing 101 at Harvard Business School. Pricing has no bearing on the cost of manufacturing.

Fellow arranger lovers...we’re getting gouged.

PS: Don’t mind me guys...I haven’t had my coffee yet!

#462619 - 12/06/18 07:06 AM Re: BIAB 2019 [Re: jingleman]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
If the technology is there...why not implement in their arrangers. After all, they only charge significantly more for the pleasure of buying an arranger over a modx.

Oh yah...I forgot. Marketing 101 at Harvard Business School. Pricing has no bearing on the cost of manufacturing.

I agree 100 percent. With what they are charging for the Genos, it should come with "everything" including top shelf vocal harmony and the ability to plugin to Cubase.

#462623 - 12/06/18 07:26 AM Re: BIAB 2019 [Re: W Tracy Parnell]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
+1

#462638 - 12/06/18 09:55 AM Re: BIAB 2019 [Re: Bachus]
ekurburski Offline

Loc: Mountain Home, AR
BIAB gives me an unbelievable larger palate of sounds making the purchase of a newer kb unnecessary. I find it interesting that Yamaha is bragging about its real drums that BIAB has not only had for years but gives you yhe ability to record and create your own. BIAB also provides over 2700 real tracks and the ability to create user real tracks with an active user base that is doing just that. Yes, it is not a real time arranger but it does provide exceptional back up tracks that work well with any keyboard. It takes no longer to create a backup track than it does to set up a registration or create a song style on the kb and in my opinion the final results are usually much better.

Edited by ekurburski (12/06/18 09:56 AM)

#462639 - 12/06/18 10:00 AM Re: BIAB 2019 [Re: ekurburski]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By ekurburski
BIAB gives me an unbelievable larger palate of sounds making the purchase of a newer kb unnecessary. I find it interesting that Yamaha is bragging about its real drums that BIAB has not only had for years but gives you yhe ability to record and create your own. BIAB also provides over 2700 real tracks and the ability to create user real tracks with an active user base that is doing just that. Yes, it is not a real time arranger but it does provide exceptional back up tracks that work well with any keyboard. It takes no longer to create a backup track than it does to set up a registration or create a song style on the kb and in my opinion the final results are usually much better.

Band in a box is a fantastic program but arranger players will always think it's faking canned karaoke music vs using live styles that's where the trouble lies and thoughts all around the music community.

Edited by Dnj (12/06/18 10:01 AM)

#462644 - 12/06/18 11:06 AM Re: BIAB 2019 [Re: jingleman]
Bachus Offline

Thats what i have been saying since Genos release...
The most expensive keyboard they are selling should have it all

http://keyszone.boards.net

#462656 - 12/06/18 04:33 PM Re: BIAB 2019 [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By ekurburski

Band in a box is a fantastic program but arranger players will always think it's faking canned karaoke music vs using live styles that's where the trouble lies and thoughts all around the music community.

Hi Donny,
One always has the option of playing along using a keyboard ( minus styles), piano, guitar,whatever, if one feels they need to play an instrument.Style tracks can always be muted and the part can be played live by the performer.

I used to split my keyboard. Pad left hand, melody right. My piano playing wasn’t really good enough for me to mute the piano track and play the whole thing. Biab, did a better job. Haha

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#462657 - 12/06/18 05:29 PM Re: BIAB 2019 [Re: Dnj]
ekurburski Offline

Loc: Mountain Home, AR
quote{_Band in a box is a fantastic program but arranger players will always think it's faking canned karaoke music vs using live styles that's where the trouble lies and thoughts all around the music community}

Yes and then the totally traditional musician also claims using live styles is no different then faking canned karaoke. It's been an ongoing spin by those who take the argument against arrangers in general. Using styles is cheating also. I laugh every time I see someone claim they play everything live with no Karaoke or mp3's. Yeah just the use of special styles and one finger chords!

As a performer I believe in providing the best product I'm capable of. I am going to try using the best tools available to me to do that. If I was moving cross country I would't attempt it using just a pickup. I would want the biggest box van uhaul provides!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online