SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#462473 - 12/02/18 08:01 AM Re: Song titles that....... [Re: cgiles]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Just catching up a little...it's a busy time of year.
Love the song Chas, very tasteful and well played!

#462474 - 12/02/18 08:03 AM Re: Song titles that....... [Re: cgiles]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bout time you got off your dead arse and posted something. Excellent musicianship, old friend.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#462476 - 12/02/18 08:12 AM Re: Song titles that....... [Re: cgiles]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
I knew the minute I wrote it down... I had given credit to the wrong man... LOL! Both were artists I enjoyed so much. B-T-W- I'm hoping Russ is busy giving guitars and amps away right now and I think that is a super-nice thing to be able to do. I didn't retire that well... but if I had, you bet I'd be giving away stuff and enjoying every minute of it. If I ever get lucky enough to write an old standard and have somebody like Josh Groban propel me into the hallowed halls of some big brokerage on Wall Street (to handle all the money coming in...) I'll be known as Mr. Generosity! Have a great week, Pal!

----Dave

#462479 - 12/02/18 08:25 AM Re: Song titles that....... [Re: cgiles]
DonM Offline

One of the best things one can give is time. I'm playing two more church luncheons in the next week. Of course both are Christmas themes, and I love Christmas music.
Now that I have two complete setups again, I can play the Veteran's home more regularly, one of my favorites places.
"I don't have much money, but boy if I did..." --Elton John.

#462481 - 12/02/18 08:30 AM Re: Song titles that....... [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Don, Gary, if you're a hack (like me), one thing that will almost always bail you out is to pick a GOOD TUNE. Genre' doesn't matter; from Country to Rock to Blues to Jazz, always pick a good tune (that's one that is hard to mess up smile ).

BTW, I'm not lazy...much. It's just that my organ is in a different room from my 'studio' so it's kind of a PITA if I want to use my 'good' organ (the KeyB). I have a computer and interface in both locations so it's just a matter of transferring files (via my home network, but still...). I'm considering moving the SEVEN in with the KeyB (but it seems so happy in my studio where it is smile ). Oh well...

I'm not trying to be modest, believe me, but that tune was not intended as a music post (else I'd have done more than 1 verse). I thought I was being funny (obviously THAT didn't work out smile ).

chas

#462482 - 12/02/18 08:35 AM Re: Song titles that....... [Re: Riceroni9]
cgiles Offline

Originally Posted By Riceroni9
B-T-W- I'm hoping Russ is busy giving guitars and amps away right now and I think that is a super-nice thing to be able to do. I didn't retire that well... but if I had, you bet I'd be giving away stuff and enjoying every minute of it.
----Dave

If I hit the lottery, I'll be giving it to the poor.....poor large-breasted women.

chas

#462484 - 12/02/18 08:39 AM Re: Song titles that....... [Re: cgiles]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Nice rendition Chas. So many great tunes from that era. I’m glad my parents were always playing great albums so grew hearing all the standards. Here’s the version I remember my folks playing, the Dianah Washington version:

https://youtu.be/a6XCS9MXYHY

Edited by montunoman (12/03/18 05:58 AM)

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#462487 - 12/02/18 09:00 AM Re: Song titles that....... [Re: cgiles]
DonM Offline

The humor did not go unnoticed here! smile But the pickin' was reel guud two.

#462494 - 12/02/18 10:57 AM Re: Song titles that....... [Re: cgiles]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Chas, I love the song you played. Your right hand played it like a real pro. Melody with just a touch, it doesn’t get better. Record one with your guitar, I have not played my guitar, it may give me some incentive.

Thanks, John C.
PS, simplicity can add so much beauty to a song.

#462496 - 12/02/18 11:42 AM Re: Song titles that....... [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

John, I don't play REAL guitar (wish I did), and my keyboard simulation is not very good (DonM is the master of that), but I do agree with you that with songs with great melodies, oftentimes 'less is more'. Also, go grab that guitar. Never stop playing your primary instrument, it'll just make you better on the others. Have a good day.

chas

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online