SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#46243 - 11/01/02 01:22 PM MIDI FILES WITH LYRICS
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi to All
I'm doing a charity night and have been requested to do a few songs for a Stars in yours Eyes theme. I need midi files with lyrics for 'Stop,in the name of love'by Diana Ross and the Supremes---'Memory'from the Cats musical---'I'm telling you now'by Freddie Garrity and the dreamers.---and 'Whispering Grass' by Don Estelle and Windsor Davies. I need lyrics because they won't know all the words. Can anybody help on this one. Oh, and the gig is Sat nov 9th.
regards
p.b.

#46244 - 11/01/02 11:02 PM Re: MIDI FILES WITH LYRICS
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Maybe those files are to find in the midi
collection at www.extrasongs.com ?
Good luck and happy playing
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#46245 - 11/02/02 12:17 AM Re: MIDI FILES WITH LYRICS
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Johnny.
They have some that I have already downloaded but unfortunately they don't contain the lyric info.
Pete B
Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
Maybe those files are to find in the midi
collection at www.extrasongs.com ?
Good luck and happy playing
GJ

#46246 - 11/02/02 01:17 AM Re: MIDI FILES WITH LYRICS
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
Hi Peter
Memory from cats, with lyrics is on its way to you - Sorry can't help with the others
John

#46247 - 11/03/02 08:10 PM Re: MIDI FILES WITH LYRICS
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
You should have no trouble finding the lyrics with a search on Google. For specific needs, like these - just d/l the lyrics and play the songs live! They are mostly very simple songs with only a few chord changes each. I'm not familiar at all with the "whispering" one ...... who does it?

#46248 - 11/03/02 11:48 PM Re: MIDI FILES WITH LYRICS
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Dave. and J.N. and G.J. and all the others who have helped
Dave, The 'Whispering Grass' was a song done in the U.K. by Don Estelle and Windsor Davies and was used in T.V. Comedy about the army entertainers in the 1939-45 war. I had the sheet music but couldn't find a midi file for it but thanks to J.N. all is now o.k.
Thanks again everyone.
Pete.B
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
You should have no trouble finding the lyrics with a search on Google. For specific needs, like these - just d/l the lyrics and play the songs live! They are mostly very simple songs with only a few chord changes each. I'm not familiar at all with the "whispering" one ...... who does it?

[This message has been edited by peter.bentley@talk21.com (edited 11-04-2002).]

#46249 - 11/04/02 08:47 AM Re: MIDI FILES WITH LYRICS
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
Hi Peter & Uncle Dave
Just for the 'record' Windsor Davies & Don Estelle's version of Whispering Grass reached No.1 in the UK singles chart in 1975 -- but that was 35 years after it was recorded by the Ink Spots.
Once again, Peter. I hope the Charity Bash is a big success
John

#46250 - 11/04/02 10:23 AM Re: MIDI FILES WITH LYRICS
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Peter ..... I don't know if you got the midi for 'Whispering Grass', but if not, try this link .... I have not heard it, but perhaps it willl help ....
t.
http://jhfoster.tripod.com/the1900s.html

#46251 - 11/04/02 01:42 PM Re: MIDI FILES WITH LYRICS
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Tony.
Thanks for the info. I am going there any minute now. We will certainly now be raising the roof and hopefully lots of dosh this saturday, all for charity. I'll let all of you know the outcome.
Cheers
peter
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
Peter ..... I don't know if you got the midi for 'Whispering Grass', but if not, try this link .... I have not heard it, but perhaps it willl help ....
t.
http://jhfoster.tripod.com/the1900s.html

#46252 - 11/11/02 11:48 AM Re: MIDI FILES WITH LYRICS
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just a big thank you to all of you who helped me with the Midi Files search for our charity night. This is to let you all know that it was a resounding success and we raised lots and lots of cash and the kn7000
was totally impressive.
thanks again
Peter.b
Quote:
Originally posted by peter.bentley@talk21.com:
Hi to All
I'm doing a charity night and have been requested to do a few songs for a Stars in yours Eyes theme. I need midi files with lyrics for 'Stop,in the name of love'by Diana Ross and the Supremes---'Memory'from the Cats musical---'I'm telling you now'by Freddie Garrity and the dreamers.---and 'Whispering Grass' by Don Estelle and Windsor Davies. I need lyrics because they won't know all the words. Can anybody help on this one. Oh, and the gig is Sat nov 9th.
regards
p.b.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online