SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#461774 - 11/17/18 01:15 PM More junk
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I just bought a Studiologic Numa Compact 2x. I don't know why, I don't need it. I just can't resist anything (that's not an out and out toy) under a grand (699.95 free shipping). I'll probably use it mostly as a controller. 88keys, on-board speakers, internal sounds, 9 drawbars for use on Numa (built-in)organ or to control effects on non-organ patches, USB midi (2 way), and aftertouch....oh, and did I mention, 17lbs. Boy, hoarding is fun.....now to find some space to set it up.

A short demo of some possible uses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=OcdEh0X6uyk

chas

Edited by cgiles (11/17/18 01:33 PM)

#461775 - 11/17/18 01:41 PM Re: More junk [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
Boy, hoarding is fun.....
chas

coffee

#461777 - 11/17/18 03:12 PM Re: More junk [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Boy, hoarding is fun.....
chas

coffee

I still don't know what that emoji means? But I knew that statement would get Donny's attention smile smile. Donny, you're too easy smile.

chas

#461783 - 11/17/18 07:30 PM Re: More junk [Re: cgiles]
Torch Offline

I placed an order for an NC2x with Kraft Music, then I saw a new one on eBay. I bought it on eBay and cancelled the pre-order only to hear from the eBay vendor that it is a Numa Compact 2 not 2x. I placed an order with Kraft again. Now the same eBay vendor, who sells a lot of keyboards, has listed another NC2x. I guess I will wait until Kraft Music ships me one.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#461785 - 11/17/18 11:05 PM Re: More junk [Re: cgiles]
Bachus Offline

I just bought a Studiologic Numa Compact 2x. I don't know why, I don't need it. I just can't resist anything (that's not an out and out toy) under a grand (699.95 free shipping). I'll probably use it mostly as a controller. 88keys, on-board speakers, internal sounds, 9 drawbars for use on Numa (built-in)organ or to control effects on non-organ patches, USB midi (2 way), and aftertouch....oh, and did I mention, 17lbs. Boy, hoarding is fun.....now to find some space to set it up.

A short demo of some possible uses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=OcdEh0X6uyk

chas

I think it would not be suited for a controller, the way i use them..
But i would think the onboard sounds are quite good and flexible..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#461818 - 11/18/18 11:35 AM Re: More junk [Re: cgiles]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
That key click on every attack drives me NUTS!!!!!!!!!! Very UNhammond-ish.

#461821 - 11/18/18 12:05 PM Re: More junk [Re: Uncle Dave]
cgiles Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave

Dave, frankly I didn't even notice it BUT according to the manual, KEY CLICK (and percussion) volume is adjustable. 1 gig of user RAM (for samples) at that price point is pretty good too. Not for everybody, of course (maybe not even for me) but I'm sort of a 'don't knock it 'till you've tried it' kind of guy.

chas

#461825 - 11/18/18 02:02 PM Re: More junk [Re: cgiles]
Torch Offline

Factory Demo Sounds

I find them quite good. Can't wait for mine to arrive.

"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#461899 - 11/19/18 05:21 PM Re: More junk [Re: cgiles]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
according to the manual, KEY CLICK (and percussion) volume is adjustable.

I'd suggest you try setting it to "first" attack only (if available) ... that's more correct. It allows for more attitude, or personality in your playing.

#462129 - 11/24/18 06:09 AM Re: More junk [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Dave, to be honest, I probably wouldn't use the organ in the NC2X (for recording) since I have both a Nord C2D and a KeyB MKII. The built-in Numa organ is good, probably better than the organs in most synths and workstations, but not in the same league as the KeyB (why would it be; one cost 700.00, the other 4000.00 and is a dedicated organ). The NC2X would be perfectly suitable to cover organ parts in a band setting, same with it's piano which I find quite good for the price. Turning off the internal speakers and playing through a good PA (or in my case, good 8" studio monitors) makes a huge (positive) difference in the sound.

Overall, I'm very happy with it and think it does what it was designed for very well. The piano is actually better than expected, the weight is fantastic, and the build quality is pretty much what you'd expect at this price point. Anyone considering this board (a heck of a bargin) should definitely get a sustain pedal for the piano and an expression pedal for the organ. I wouldn't buy this for the STUDIO if I already had a decent arsenal of sounds available, but for (remote) rehearsals, traveling companion, and light gigging, this would be a super contender if budget is a consideration.

chas

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online