SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#460692 - 11/02/18 02:24 PM Dynamite Combination
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
It's not often I get to do gigs for audiences over 60 ppl. Today I had a Military Veteran Luncheon with an estimated 200+ in attendance. While I have a couple of speaker setups, today I used two Bose Compacts and a Yamaha S970. Keyboard volume was set to 1 o'clock....the compacts were set to about 10 o'clock.

WOW,,,,,The keyboard and vocals FILLED the room which is fire rated for over 500 people, but with dining tables cut that down to about half.

The venue has its own PA booth and sound tech and has speakers in the ceiling that could blow out the windows. They ran a short video with audio during the event. The house system was great....plenty loud and clear as a bell. I felt the Bose compacts were on par with the house system. Even the AV guy agreed.

He told me they have several acts that come in with everything from Bose Compacts to dual 5 foot cabinets with mega speakers. He believes anything more than the Compacts is overkill for the venue.

I was pleasantly surprised. Several requests for Biz Cards and further bookings at the venue convinced me I have the right combination of gear for any sized venue in my market.

Eddie

#460694 - 11/02/18 02:33 PM Re: Dynamite Combination [Re: btweengigs]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Atta Boy, Ed!

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#460699 - 11/02/18 03:00 PM Re: Dynamite Combination [Re: btweengigs]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Congrats, Eddie! Its great when a plan falls into place.

#460700 - 11/02/18 03:04 PM Re: Dynamite Combination [Re: btweengigs]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Ed, Way to go!

#460701 - 11/02/18 03:16 PM Re: Dynamite Combination [Re: Stephenm52]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
LOVE stories like that, Eddie ...
Well deserved ...

#460704 - 11/02/18 03:32 PM Re: Dynamite Combination [Re: btweengigs]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Love those Compacts! I recently did a class reunion - about 120 people - with 2 Compacts. One of the Compacts lost sound, and I cranked the other one up to about 1 o'clock and no one knew the diff. One of the participants was a musician- a Tyros player - and close to the end of the gig I told him what happened, he was amazed, and said he didn't notice any difference ... he's lugging around a pair of old Kustom amps and is now considering the Bose.

#460705 - 11/02/18 04:03 PM Re: Dynamite Combination [Re: btweengigs]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I was the first person in my area to use the Bose PAS system, just a week after hearing UD use his in Philadelphia. Since then, and after many of them hearing me perform, just about every arranger keyboard entertainer I know is using either the Compacts or L1 PAS system, and nearly all of the KJs and DJs are using them here as well, even for the very large venues such as Martins West and Martins Eastwind, which are immense venues.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#460710 - 11/02/18 05:15 PM Re: Dynamite Combination [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
No doubt the BOSE are great units ... I used one a number of times when I filled in for another KB player at a certain restaurant ... the lounge was at least twice as long as it was wide and it filled the room nicely ... BUT the staff told me I SOUNDED better with my system ...
I've seen some bands using the BOSE systems and they had one for each player ... and I've seen DJs using 4 at a time ...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online