SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#460481 - 10/29/18 02:57 PM Strange Gig
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Today, I played at a nursing home I’ve played at for years...Genos and two S1 Pros on stands. Usually we are in the back of a worship center...low ceilings and carpet.

Today, they had me in a hall, solid floors, brick walls and cathedral ceiling. Before the gig, I put on some styles..went out to listen. Bass sounded boomy up close but quickly dropped off out a few feet.

During the gig, sound, to me, seemed to be bouncing off walls. Folks I knew in the crowd said the sound was good during the gig.

Still, it was hard for me to relax as it didn’t sound quite right. If I get put into that situation again, think I’ll go with the Eon One.

😊

Edited by guitpic1 (10/29/18 02:57 PM)

#460494 - 10/29/18 07:03 PM Re: Strange Gig [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
What dropped off - the boom or the overall volume? Sometime we tend to base out thoughts on sound systems upon conventional systems we used in the past, which is a bit mistake, IMO.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#460499 - 10/29/18 11:08 PM Re: Strange Gig [Re: guitpic1]
Bachus Offline

If you have narural reverb, wouldnt it help to tow down onboard reverb settings?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#460500 - 10/29/18 11:12 PM Re: Strange Gig [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By guitpic1
Today, I played at a nursing home I’ve played at for years...Genos and two S1 Pros on stands. Usually we are in the back of a worship center...low ceilings and carpet.

Today, they had me in a hall, solid floors, brick walls and cathedral ceiling. Before the gig, I put on some styles..went out to listen. Bass sounded boomy up close but quickly dropped off out a few feet.

During the gig, sound, to me, seemed to be bouncing off walls. Folks I knew in the crowd said the sound was good during the gig.

Still, it was hard for me to relax as it didn’t sound quite right. If I get put into that situation again, think I’ll go with the Eon One.

😊

always use the JBL so flexible for any situation..

#460507 - 10/30/18 05:40 AM Re: Strange Gig [Re: travlin'easy]
guitpic1 Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
What dropped off - the boom or the overall volume? Sometime we tend to base out thoughts on sound systems upon conventional systems we used in the past, which is a bit mistake, IMO.

Gary cool

The boomy sound dropped off. Volume was apparently good.

#460513 - 10/30/18 06:26 AM Re: Strange Gig [Re: Bachus]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Bachus
If you have narural reverb, wouldnt it help to tow down onboard reverb settings?

YES, YES, YES!!!! Sound Design 101.

#460518 - 10/30/18 06:58 AM Re: Strange Gig [Re: guitpic1]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Sounds like too much setting up for a 1hour gig. Two speakers and stands ? Just go with the Eon One,I bet will work great inboth situations

#460519 - 10/30/18 07:50 AM Re: Strange Gig [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bill Lewis
Sounds like too much setting up for a 1hour gig. Two speakers and stands ? Just go with the Eon One,I bet will work great inboth situations

Ditto Billy...let years of experience as an entertainer provide all you need to set up your sound in ANY situation..every gig room is different in many ways ....good luck buddy

#460522 - 10/30/18 08:11 AM Re: Strange Gig [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Originally Posted By guitpic1
Originally Posted By travlin'easy

Gary cool

The boomy sound dropped off. Volume was apparently good.

Sounds like speaker position - could have been too close to back walls.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#460554 - 10/30/18 11:33 PM Re: Strange Gig [Re: travlin'easy]
guitpic1 Offline

Tx all for the thoughts.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online