SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#460433 - 10/28/18 11:16 AM EMC software
Bachus Offline

http://www.emc-musicsoftware.com/epages/...gories/Standard

We all know emc styleworks for converting styles from brand to brand

But is anyone using one of these packages?

Stylefactory : creating your own styles, comes with a huge database of phrases.

Styles to box : converting band in a box styles to arranger styles

They caught my eye when looking for info about styleworks ketron, but never heared of them before..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#460434 - 10/28/18 11:30 AM Re: EMC software [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

It could be something kool or not?....but with the thousands of styles floating around and so many you can convert or make yourself in so many ways who needs to waste money on this?....
but good luck who ever buys it.

#460435 - 10/28/18 12:44 PM Re: EMC software [Re: Bachus]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Bachus,
Had them for years, but don’t really use them much.
Phrase factory basically stores styles as phrases, You load a style in , it breaks it up into phrases, You then store it in your phrase library.
From there you put a style together from the phrases you have collected in your phrase library. Ie you can add phrases from a korg style, a Roland style , whatever and you have a new style for your keyboard.
It had limitations though, not sure if it does intros / endings.
To be quite honest haven’t used it for years,

Band in a Box addition again haven’t used it for years. It came up with some very mediocre results. at the time. They may have improved i it over the years.
I didn’t persevere as I prefer to convert a band in a box style from a midi file for the korg, more control over what I end up with ie record a midi file based on a specific chord, might be 32 bars whatever, intro ending fills. Save as midi file , put the markers In, in using xg works and import it into the korg . Then do settings in the korg to finish off style.
I’d just started to experiment with it again, before we decided to move, then my accident set me back another 3 months, so I sort of lost track of where I was up to.

I still have the EMC programs, i’m pretty sure I can still update them, unless the latest was an upgrade,
Busy for the next few days, but I can do a revisit of the software if you are interested.

Edited by rikkisbears (10/28/18 01:30 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#460449 - 10/28/18 11:02 PM Re: EMC software [Re: rikkisbears]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By rikkisbears
Hi Bachus,
Had them for years, but don’t really use them much.
Phrase factory basically stores styles as phrases, You load a style in , it breaks it up into phrases, You then store it in your phrase library.
From there you put a style together from the phrases you have collected in your phrase library. Ie you can add phrases from a korg style, a Roland style , whatever and you have a new style for your keyboard.
It had limitations though, not sure if it does intros / endings.
To be quite honest haven’t used it for years,

Band in a Box addition again haven’t used it for years. It came up with some very mediocre results. at the time. They may have improved i it over the years.
I didn’t persevere as I prefer to convert a band in a box style from a midi file for the korg, more control over what I end up with ie record a midi file based on a specific chord, might be 32 bars whatever, intro ending fills. Save as midi file , put the markers In, in using xg works and import it into the korg . Then do settings in the korg to finish off style.
I’d just started to experiment with it again, before we decided to move, then my accident set me back another 3 months, so I sort of lost track of where I was up to.

I still have the EMC programs, i’m pretty sure I can still update them, unless the latest was an upgrade,
Busy for the next few days, but I can do a revisit of the software if you are interested.

Thanks for your input Rikki
I dont think they have seen many updates over the years
The interface still looks more like windows 3.11 then modern day programs.

Pulling styles into phrases is basically what Ketron does to.. and thats one of the most interesting parts of Ketron..
Sadly Ketron is not really supported very well by STyleworks. It only supports the old formats, not the newer audio style series. Which should not be a real problem tough, if you are mostly interested in phrases.

IF you ever get a chance to toy around with the software, i would be happy with an update.. but please don't put any priority to it.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#460506 - 10/30/18 05:18 AM Re: EMC software [Re: Bachus]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
I have version 4.5. Would I be allowed to update my copy to the newest version? If so, how should I go about it?

I have not received any email feedback from Klaus with regards to this.

I am annoyed by the promise of free updates afterwards when purchasing a product (like i.e AJAMSONIC) only to find out later that this does not hold true.

Henni

#460510 - 10/30/18 06:14 AM Re: EMC software [Re: Henni]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By Henni
.... how should I go about it?

If you don't have the downloadlink, just email Klaus at emcsoftware@aol.com
Now it's v.4.95, but it will probably be some more updates in near future....
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#460515 - 10/30/18 06:39 AM Re: EMC software [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Henni Offline

Tx GJ,

I've now sent him a 2nd email with regards to this. Hopefully he'll respond THIS time round.

Henni

#460516 - 10/30/18 06:43 AM Re: EMC software [Re: Bachus]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I emailed Klaus and received a reply and a link to the new software yesterday.

Here is his quote: "I will send out a notification about this to all users anyway in the next days, but feel free to download the new version now"

I don't know if I'm permitted to post the link or not.

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#460582 - 10/31/18 11:16 AM Re: EMC software [Re: Bachus]
Henni Offline

Tx, Klaus sorted me out.

#460615 - 10/31/18 10:15 PM Re: EMC software [Re: kbrkr]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
Don’t know if everyone’s link is the same. Lost mine a few years back, ever since I keep it copied to an email, my mail on korg forum, a note in my iPad.
Total paranoia, don’t want to lose it again.
Can’t remember if someone gave me a copy of the link or if I had to get in touch with Klaus.

Don’t know if someone who doesn’t have EMC could use it anyway. Doesn’t run without the codes.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online