SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#460184 - 10/23/18 01:53 PM What made Bach great..
Bachus Offline

I have allways been a liitle obsessed by the music of Bach..
johan sebastian for his friends..

This video explains his geniallity.
And how far he was ahead of his time.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#460193 - 10/23/18 04:04 PM Re: What made Bach great.. [Re: Bachus]
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Hello Bachus !

Thanks for the link. I have always been fascinated with Bach too. Many Americans around my age, on a large scale, were introduced to his music from the Walter Carlos Switched on Bach album in 1968. It was performed on a Moog synthesizer one note at a time. A tedious undertaking of that time before computers.

In the early 1980's when I discovered MIDI I had a Yamaha TX-81z and a QX5 sequencer. I did punch in recording trying to imitate some of the Bach pieces on that old album. It was great fun and I think I still have some of the MIDI files I created.

On a more serious note JS Bach indeed helped define organ music and different keyboard tunings at the time. I think a lot of accepted music theory is a result of his music. Things like tuning, intonation, key changes, harmony.........He definitely explained and demonstrated these elements of music to a worldwide audience. I understand some of his demonstrations were quite controversial to the musical status quo of the time.

Besides MIDI I have quite the collection of Bach music. How most of this was put to manuscript itself is quite the accomplishment. His Well-Tempered Clavier played in its entirety still amazes me completely. The Brandenburg Concertos is also a favorite. When I was younger I saw Sir Georg Solti conducting the Chicago Symphony playing several different Bach programs in the 70's and 80's. I will always have fine memories of these performances !!

Is your name, Bachus, a variation of JS Bach??? Now you have me wondering !! Best wishes. -charley

#460197 - 10/23/18 04:31 PM Re: What made Bach great.. [Re: rattley]
Eric, B Online   content

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Great Intro Video.
Bach has always been one of my favorites.
I got to perform one of his Kantate: "Wachet auf" (wake up) as part of a Choir.
Very moving when you are in the middle of it.
He certainly was a genius.
Thanks
Eric

#460207 - 10/23/18 08:53 PM Re: What made Bach great.. [Re: rattley]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By rattley
Hello Bachus !

Thanks for the link. I have always been fascinated with Bach too. Many Americans around my age, on a large scale, were introduced to his music from the Walter Carlos Switched on Bach album in 1968. It was performed on a Moog synthesizer one note at a time. A tedious undertaking of that time before computers.

In the early 1980's when I discovered MIDI I had a Yamaha TX-81z and a QX5 sequencer. I did punch in recording trying to imitate some of the Bach pieces on that old album. It was great fun and I think I still have some of the MIDI files I created.

On a more serious note JS Bach indeed helped define organ music and different keyboard tunings at the time. I think a lot of accepted music theory is a result of his music. Things like tuning, intonation, key changes, harmony.........He definitely explained and demonstrated these elements of music to a worldwide audience. I understand some of his demonstrations were quite controversial to the musical status quo of the time.

Besides MIDI I have quite the collection of Bach music. How most of this was put to manuscript itself is quite the accomplishment. His Well-Tempered Clavier played in its entirety still amazes me completely. The Brandenburg Concertos is also a favorite. When I was younger I saw Sir Georg Solti conducting the Chicago Symphony playing several different Bach programs in the 70's and 80's. I will always have fine memories of these performances !!

Is your name, Bachus, a variation of JS Bach??? Now you have me wondering !! Best wishes. -charley

Yes, its a combination of Bach ad Bacchus.. resulting in Bachus..
Its fun how most people just think i spelled bacchus wrong.

I have a very braod taste of music. from classical to hard rock amd from Blues to German schlager.

But i grew up at home with classical music..
Bach, Strauss, Beethoven, Mozart..
Especially the German speaking composers where favorit of my parrents
I also am a huge fan of Verdi

Where it comes to playing classical on an arranger, its mostly Strauss as there are quite a lot of styles for that..
For Bach i started playing piano.. i am finally at a level that allows me to play some of his etudes

Edited by Bachus (10/23/18 09:12 PM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online