SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#459876 - 10/17/18 11:13 PM Re: Yamaha vs Roland sound [Re: Crossover]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Crossover
Originally Posted By jingleman
It is just perplexing that a company as large as Roland piddles around with mediocre products like...GW7 (which I had) GW8...Prelude, when they could have packaged the Integra sounds in a nice arranger. Never played the bk9...but I can’t believe they couldn’t have beefed it up a little to make it a major competitor in the market place.

Alright....I promise to slither back to my little studio and dream of a day when Roland releases that new product (arranger) that Fran teased us about.

jingleman

At that time there was still the strict separation between Roland Japan and Italy-based Roland Europe. GW7 and 8 were arrangers from Japan, and they didn‘t use some samples which had obviously been developed by Roland Europe exclusively for their arrangers (E-80, BK series). BK-9 was the last instrument developed by Roland Europe, and it included this small selection of 22 SuperNatural instruments from the Jupiters and Integra.
I think Roland has always been afraid of including too many of their new sounds in the factory sounds of their instruments, probably a mistake. I owned the BK-9, and NO, they did NOT include many SRX sounds in the factory ROM, in fact almost none of the SRX 04, 06 and 10 (I analysed the tone list thoroughly). Then, they announced expansions for the BK-9 which never came.
There‘s also a problem with the sound processor regarding SuperNatural sounds, this might be the reason why they just included 22 of them. It‘s a common issue of the Integra, too: too many SN-A sounds simultaneously result in timing issues, the processor can‘t manage the workload, as there is physical modeling involved.

I can see the sn issue on the integra 7
Its thesame processor of the jupiter 80, which is restricted to 10 voices(all supernatural) probably for this reason.

This is not how i use the integra 7, i only use a few sounds at max..
Soni don't have this issue..

Yesterday i connected the integra to the modx..
And been playing with it..
The Roland sound definately sounds top knotch for a seven year old module
The SN synth espescially is so sweet..
The SN acoustic sounds, are a blast to play... feels really good
Altough i prefer the sound of the Modx most of the time (personal prefference)

I still think, Roland should make an arranger/workstation with the integra 7 as sound source
Expandable with Roland cloud
Something to replace both the bk9 as well as the Fantoms..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#459886 - 10/18/18 05:45 AM Re: Yamaha vs Roland sound [Re: Bachus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Roland is going through massive restructuring at the moment and until they define what their focus is, there will be nothing radically new, however I believe the way things are going, TOTL arrangers are pretty much dead, (Just like there Atelier organs) particularly as arranger sales in Europe are declining fast. (To the current and recent generations of players there is virtually nothing of any relevance in an arranger for them)

Bill

#459916 - 10/18/18 10:21 AM Re: Yamaha vs Roland sound [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By abacus
Roland is going through massive restructuring at the moment and until they define what their focus is, there will be nothing radically new, however I believe the way things are going, TOTL arrangers are pretty much dead, (Just like there Atelier organs) particularly as arranger sales in Europe are declining fast. (To the current and recent generations of players there is virtually nothing of any relevance in an arranger for them)

Bill

I think its obvious where Roland has been going the last 5 years..

Back to the core o synthesis
And less expensive products that offer a lot of vallue for the dollar..
I thinkmthe integra might be the last we have seen from Old Roland.

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online