SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#459840 - 10/17/18 11:29 AM Brand prefference
Bachus Offline

I noticed that more and more people same to hae aprefference for a single brand...

DonM keeps returning to Korg
Donny will allways go back to Yamaha
Fran must have atleast half a dozen Roland tatoos hidden under his clother
Hammer seems a ketron man..

I think at a certain age people know what they really like
Which makes me really wonder why some are still chnaging brands but keep returning home?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#459845 - 10/17/18 12:55 PM Re: Brand prefference [Re: Bachus]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By Bachus

I noticed that more and more people same to hae aprefference for a single brand...

DonM keeps returning to Korg
Donny will allways go back to Yamaha
Fran must have atleast half a dozen Roland tatoos hidden under his clother
Hammer seems a ketron man..

I think at a certain age people know what they really like
Which makes me really wonder why some are still chnaging brands but keep returning home?

I can speak for myself... we get set in our ways smile

When I find something that works for me I stay with it...

I have no interest in changing just for the sake of change. grin

I am content with what I have, or I would not have it..

I have a tendency to hold onto things as long as they do the job for me..

Examples: My work trucks(construction).. how many times I would look at new models and conclude what I own is better then the new model.. smile

Same with Keyboards .. I have no interest in replacing current keyboards (but I still like to check out new gear) .

Nostalgia, I will keep somethings for this reason alone... like my accordion...….. and my wife grin

And I do not have any tattoos.... and I would never date girls( when I was single ) with tattoos.. They sure knew where to hide them shocked

#459846 - 10/17/18 01:01 PM Re: Brand prefference [Re: Bachus]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
When a company offers something I prefer to Korg PA4X, then I'll buy it, more than likely. I've had half a dozen Rolands and numerous Yamahas and Ketrons. Before I would get another Roland they would have to restore the vocal harmonizer and add a usable Break/Fill.
I don't see me ever getting another Yamaha unless they improve the OS and add touch screen. And not charge $5,000. for it. smile

#459849 - 10/17/18 02:55 PM Re: Brand prefference [Re: Bachus]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
I started with Yamaha then got a taste of Korg with the PA800 then Pa2x, then switched back to Yamaha with Tyros and ever since have owned both Korg and Yamaha. I'm one lucky SOB I now have a Genos and a Pa4x. I've been using the Genos lately on gigs and the Pa4x has sat at home setup to be played anytime. What a surprise I got this week I decided to fire up the Pa4x since it's been a couple of months..................WOW I know why I kept the Pa4x both have their strong points but right now I'm in a Pa4x mode.

#459850 - 10/17/18 03:41 PM Re: Brand prefference [Re: Bachus]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
I began my less than illustrious song-writing late-blooming career with a used Yamaha PSR-2000. (I still have it.) Then I tried Cass's Mini-Korg but thought the OS learning curve was too much for an old geezer for me to tackle... so I traded it in for a used Yamaha PSR-S910. Loved it but wanted better sounding styles. I still have it and plan to relocate it next summer for use when I'm visiting my daughter and her family. Finally, I bought one of Mason's Yamaha PSR-S970's and am enjoying it's many features and especially like the new, Super-articulated styles.

Learning it's VH and Vocal Effects capabilities has been challenging but I'm finally beginning to understand. I still have a long way to go... but considering the cost compared to Tyros and Genos, it is the best kept secret for song-writers.

My excuse for staying with Yamaha is simple. Most all of the PSR series machines are strikingly similar in layout and function. The learning curve is not very steep and that allows me to write and record my songs without much difficulty. I've recorded more than 1000 songs now (some not worth the ink wasted, LOL!) and have an equivalent number of unfinished lyrics. These days, I spend more time pouring over my catalogue for candidates to be re-recorded or completely re-written. Sometimes only a word or phrase, sometimes utilizing a different genre and sometimes, nothing works except the scrap heap.

Nobody told me this would be easy but I really do enjoy it and appreciate all the great performing artists here at the General Arranger Forum of "The Zone." Arrangers, no matter which brand are pretty darn special.

#459861 - 10/17/18 05:37 PM Re: Brand prefference [Re: Bachus]
124 Offline

I don't flit about. I've been a Korgie since my i30 bought in 2001. Moved on to a Pa1xPro, and now with a Pa3x - both second hand. Like Fran, I stay with what does the job for me.

If and when a Pa5x (or whatever) turns up, I might be tempted to go with that, although I like a board to have a couple of years of 'proving' time under its belt to have all the bugs ironed out.

#459866 - 10/17/18 06:31 PM Re: Brand prefference [Re: 124]
jingleman Online   content

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Maybe let everyone make a choice. If money weren’t an option and some rich dude would buy us any arranger keyboard we wanted...what would you choose?

1. Yamaha Genos
2. Ketron SD9
3. Korg PA 4X
4. Roland EA 7

Let’s tally ‘me up boys. And no...I’m not drunk!

#459867 - 10/17/18 06:36 PM Re: Brand prefference [Re: Fran Carango]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Fran, you are proberly the most stable, John C.

#459870 - 10/17/18 06:51 PM Re: Brand prefference [Re: jingleman]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Jingleman, for me it is the Korg Pa4x.

Now since the Kn2000 I have bought every flagship TGechnics model right up to the Kn7000.
Since I am retired I am thinking of seling both my Pa4x and the S95 on gbuy, if I could find one, another Kn7000 ---- as my only keyboard.
Does that mean I am tied with Fran?

John C.

#459871 - 10/17/18 06:59 PM Re: Brand prefference [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

It's NOT the keyboard it's Your talent that makes all the difference.... All the features in the world won't change that..

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online