SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#459144 - 10/06/18 10:39 AM PA4X owners - I have a request!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Many of you know that I recently traded my PA1k to Don Mason (with some $$) for his PA4x. Unfortunately, the music rack came in damaged (I don't blame Don), and I tried to repair it, but I'm not happy with the result. I managed to glue and tape it to a working condition, but I don't trust it to hold with with my intended use of 2 iPads. It's an odd design, as far as music stands go ... it's just sits in this groove in the back of the keyboard. Soooooooo, I'm asking if anyone of you who don't use yours would like to sell it to me. I can trade you the semi-functional one, if you only use light sheets and papers, but I have 2 ipads, in 2 full cases that just scare me with the weight in this design. If you look at the picture, you can see that it works, but the cracked portion on the bottom right is the section that I repaired. Thoughts?

I'm starting a side topic that deals with the TC mic section of the 4x, in case you're interested. Thanks for reading!

Attachments
IMG_8487.jpg (51 downloads)

#459155 - 10/06/18 12:24 PM Re: PA4X owners - I have a request! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Bachus Offline

I am sorry ca’help you there
I am still using mine

Also i am affraid, that not having a music stand, will make it harder to trade or sell the pa4x and loose money..

I think you can order a new one at a korg dealer tough..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#459156 - 10/06/18 12:50 PM Re: PA4X owners - I have a request! [Re: Uncle Dave]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
If you can't find one Dave, just order one from Korg, and I'll pay for it. Should have packed it better I guess. I never used it!

#459164 - 10/06/18 03:54 PM Re: PA4X owners - I have a request! [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Dave ... I know it's something else to carry, but have you tried using one of those black metal 'tripod' music stands? I'm sure you must have used them when teaching music in school ...

#459171 - 10/06/18 09:59 PM Re: PA4X owners - I have a request! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

#459172 - 10/06/18 10:21 PM Re: PA4X owners - I have a request! [Re: tony mads usa]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Dave ... I know it's something else to carry, but have you tried using one of those black metal 'tripod' music stands? I'm sure you must have used them when teaching music in school ...

No room for extra legs and such. My stages are pretty tight. I have at least 3 music stands around here, but I need the one that fits the kb.

Don - thanks, I'll keep trying before I bite the Korg bullet. $100 is so much for a piece of plexiglass with a shelf on it.

#459176 - 10/07/18 12:08 AM Re: PA4X owners - I have a request! [Re: Uncle Dave]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Hi Dave

When I sold my Pa4x several months ago I forgot to include the music rest so it's sitting here in my studio, no use to me so you are welcome to it. Only trouble it's over here (UK) but if you are interested I'll get a quote for the postage. For the rest as they say "no charge".

Regards, Col

#459180 - 10/07/18 02:41 AM Re: PA4X owners - I have a request! [Re: Saswick]
Bachus Offline

This sounds like a solution...
Which makes everyone happy

http://keyszone.boards.net

#459181 - 10/07/18 03:33 AM Re: PA4X owners - I have a request! [Re: Uncle Dave]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Dave, at Home Depot hey have an aluminum strip which is the same same thickness as the music rack. You can cut to the size you want, then attach whatever material you want use for the top part --- then paint the top part.

I made the rack because I wanted the rack to be smaller, the size of my IPad; in your case two IPads.

Hope this helps, John C.

#459250 - 10/08/18 07:22 AM Re: PA4X owners - I have a request! [Re: Saswick]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By Saswick
Hi Dave

When I sold my Pa4x several months ago I forgot to include the music rest so it's sitting here in my studio, no use to me so you are welcome to it. Only trouble it's over here (UK) but if you are interested I'll get a quote for the postage. For the rest as they say "no charge".

Regards, Col

YES PLEASE!!!!!!
David Boyd
4003 Westaway Dr Apt C#
Lafayette Hill PA 19444
USA

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online