SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#458999 - 10/02/18 10:05 PM the road to Easy Street
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
We were sitting in the theater waiting for the movie to start and watching the "movie commercials."

One stood out. It was five saxophone notes up the scale and another five down. I then thought about the (T-Mobile?) cellphone commercial. Something like three C's, a single E, and back to a single C. Then the "good goes around and around" commercial. Then the "hold music" composition played on a piano....I hear it on half my phone calls to companies and stores.

You don't need a GPS to get to Easy Street......just one short jingle! I wish I had that kind of "creativity."

#459005 - 10/03/18 04:55 AM Re: the road to Easy Street [Re: Mark79100]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Or how about the old NBC theme? C -A- F So simple yet catchy. It’s stuck with us all and is still used in ear training classes to recognize the ascending major sixth!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#459008 - 10/03/18 05:36 AM Re: the road to Easy Street [Re: Mark79100]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Mark, much of the beauty in this world comes from within us. It is not always what we see and hear, but how we use it.

John C.

#459050 - 10/03/18 10:02 PM Re: the road to Easy Street [Re: montunoman]
Mark79100 Offline

Originally Posted By montunoman
Or how about the old NBC theme? C -A- F So simple yet catchy. It’s stuck with us all and is still used in ear training classes to recognize the ascending major sixth!

Thanks Paul...you opened up the door for more material for me. Just as I play "the pink panther" or Laurel and Hardy, Woody Woodpecker, etc, and ask the audience to identify the tunes, I'm going to use the ones I listed and now the NBC you mentioned. That will use up another few minutes of stage time.

#459051 - 10/03/18 10:08 PM Re: the road to Easy Street [Re: bruno123]
Mark79100 Offline

Originally Posted By bruno123
Mark, much of the beauty in this world comes from within us. It is not always what we see and hear, but how we use it.

Absolutely correct, it's called "perception," yes?

Everyone should apply that also to their musical instrument of choice. It's not the keyboard itself that makes the beauty, but "how we use it" is what does the trick. Playing should be from the inside out.....not from the outside in.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online