SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#458690 - 09/26/18 03:49 AM Home player? Performer?
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
More than once, I’ve seen references to the fact that arrangers are targeted for the home player.

The arranger players I’m familiar with are performers. I’m sure there’s some home players but I haven’t met any.

?

#458693 - 09/26/18 05:20 AM Re: Home player? Performer? [Re: guitpic1]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I would assume here in the United States the vast majority of arranger players are hobbyist that play at home. I assume this because while I do see arranger keyboards for sale in the stores, I’ve only seen people actually performing in public on arranger keyboards just a few times. So yes, there some folks out there performing in public on arranger keyboards but they are few and far between at least in my area. But if you go into Mexico it’s a different situation.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#458694 - 09/26/18 05:44 AM Re: Home player? Performer? [Re: guitpic1]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
Home player only (for now anyway) here, but I played in nursing homes previously for 9 years although not with an arranger (guitar).

#458697 - 09/26/18 06:40 AM Re: Home player? Performer? [Re: guitpic1]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Go onto any of the dedicated arranger forums (PSR Tutorial is one example) and you will find the vast majority are home hobby players. (Remember the arranger keyboard is just further development of the easy play features that first started out on home organs)

Bill

#458710 - 09/26/18 09:59 AM Re: Home player? Performer? [Re: guitpic1]
coffeekev Offline

I am a home player only. Decades ago when I started playing keyboards in college in a band, I went through years of performing out and wanting to see how far I could take it. But my career as a graphic designer took front and center. I now work at a tv station and run a business on the side where I get booked at events of all kinds, especially wedding receptions, to draw caricatures of people. My days with my career tv job and my side caricature business are completely full.

But I try every day, even if only for a half hour late at night, to play music. I have 2 set-ups so I go back and forth and never get bored. My arranger is a PA-600, and my other set-up is a Roland VR-730 with a laptop loaded up with Band in a Box. I actually find myself probably playing this set-up more than the arranger recently, but I will never abandon the arranger.

The beauty of this is that playing music is nothing but joy for me. I don't put the pressures of making it a business on it, like I do with my visual art pursuits.

#458721 - 09/26/18 12:23 PM Re: Home player? Performer? [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By abacus
Go onto any of the dedicated arranger forums (PSR Tutorial is one example) and you will find the vast majority are home hobby players. (Remember the arranger keyboard is just further development of the easy play features that first started out on home organs)

Bill

Says the organ player...

I disagree ith you..
Can you name on feature not on an arranger that a professional live player would ever need?

I think its acually home Players thats push arrangers forward..
Because they want more tools in their box to make fun with..
And they want them to be eas accesible..
They in general want the latest and greatest, and they can and want to pay for it..

And the pro’s they are the ones that profit from that...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#458725 - 09/26/18 01:54 PM Re: Home player? Performer? [Re: guitpic1]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
If not an arranger, what do keyboard players use in solo acts? In my area, the solo acts are guitar with vocals with backing tracks or an arranger.

#458726 - 09/26/18 01:56 PM Re: Home player? Performer? [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Having been a pro player for much of my life, I agree, Bachus.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#458729 - 09/26/18 02:02 PM Re: Home player? Performer? [Re: Bernie9]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By Bernie9
If not an arranger, what do keyboard players use in solo acts? In my area, the solo acts are guitar with vocals with backing tracks or an arranger.

There is one young lady here that has a digital piano and plays tracks off her cell phone.
frown

#458733 - 09/26/18 03:29 PM Re: Home player? Performer? [Re: Bachus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By Bachus
Originally Posted By abacus

Bill

Says the organ player...

I disagree ith you..
Can you name on feature not on an arranger that a professional live player would ever need?

I think its acually home Players thats push arrangers forward..
Because they want more tools in their box to make fun with..
And they want them to be eas accesible..
They in general want the latest and greatest, and they can and want to pay for it..

And the pro’s they are the ones that profit from that...

The question was who uses arrangers the most, home hobby players or pro users, and the answer is home hobby players. (The fact that the vast majority of arrangers are bought by home hobby players means the manufactures will cater for them, just like they did with organs from which the arranger came)

Bill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online