SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#458538 - 09/23/18 10:08 AM Just add the Controller KB of YOUR Choice!
Dnj Offline

Backing Module Rig set up

Nice affordable package! cool2

Edited by Dnj (09/23/18 11:19 AM)

#458540 - 09/23/18 10:30 AM Re: Just add the Controller KB of YOUR Choice! [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

#458544 - 09/23/18 12:34 PM Re: Just add the Controller KB of YOUR Choice! [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Looks like a fun and versitile setup. Modules should be offered more.
Donny I think your missing your Hammond days. I do too and whenever I start thinking about getting a clone I remember one of the reasons I got the BK9, it is a Hammond clone and arranger.

No BK9s or BK7Ms on the used market, wonder why, wink !

#458547 - 09/23/18 02:03 PM Re: Just add the Controller KB of YOUR Choice! [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Yeah Bill, even though I kid Fran a lot about his 'Roland fetish', I too, must be a Roland fan since I have an old Roland module (SC88 I think), a SonicCell, a VP550 (stored), a VP770 (love it - it's perched atop my Organ), a Fantom G7 (may be replaced soon with a MODX7), a BK7m (used mostly as a drum machine and controlled by the VP770), a old but pristine A70 controller with sound card driving 3 modules (it has 4 midi zones), and a A33 controller (stored). In the distant past I also owned a G800 and G1000. That's a lot of Roland in my past and present. The future? Who knows.

chas - Closet Roland fan and Fran's evil twin smile

#458557 - 09/24/18 03:08 AM Re: Just add the Controller KB of YOUR Choice! [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

Great Tutorial..
Shows how easy modules are to set up..

In general i prefer a more advanced setup, where i can mix match split and layer the Organs and the modules sounds..

MOXD/Montage/Kronos are really great instruments to do so..

Sad to see there are only 3 modules available these days
-BK7m.. low end price spectrum
-SD40.. Mid range prices
-SD90.. high end prices..
Add Varranger to this for people thinking out of the box.

I would like to see 2 things..
a) more arranger modules.
b) easy accessible midi assignments on keyboards.

The way this organ is set up, works great if you just want to play the Hammond organ with styles.. but less if you want also access to all the sounds of the module for right and left hand..

Currently for many people, arranger modules are the only way to achieve what they want in a one keyboard setup..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#458584 - 09/24/18 09:05 AM Re: Just add the Controller KB of YOUR Choice! [Re: Bachus]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
As someone previously mentioned, modules were more popular as midi accordions became popular. Digital accordions (Roland,SEM,Musictech,Siwa,others) and hybrids with on board sounds became all in one solutions and midi accordion demand (I believe higher in Europe than in US) has fallen off..arranger module production with it.
All in one convenience without additional cabling, stands,and set up time seems to come out on top, especially for live players looking to streamline setups for keyboard and accordion players.
Makes Ketron's latest keyboard offerings looking very good, albeit with the nagging support history of the past (improving now) and limited size and marketing approach..

#458585 - 09/24/18 10:08 AM Re: Just add the Controller KB of YOUR Choice! [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
It seems like a good solution for that want 88 keys, weighted keys, or a clone organ but it also looks like a hassle to set up for those that play out , not to mention all those cables look messy.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#458590 - 09/24/18 10:44 AM Re: Just add the Controller KB of YOUR Choice! [Re: montunoman]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By montunoman
It seems like a good solution for that want 88 keys, weighted keys, or a clone organ but it also looks like a hassle to set up for those that play out , not to mention all those cables look messy.

Good cable management is allways an issue..

Setting up for live performances should not take much more time..
If you set it up right, and get a masterkey with the correct funcions..

Did you watch the video?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#458598 - 09/24/18 11:26 AM Re: Just add the Controller KB of YOUR Choice! [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Yes I watched the the video. I just prefer a neater on stage or even at. home.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online