SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#458539 - 09/23/18 10:21 AM Re: What is BORING You about your Arranger Keyboard?? [Re: travlin'easy]
SAM CA Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Sam, from my perspective, and having played both instruments, playing a piano and playing a synth require two, totally different techniques and has absolutely nothing to do with finger strength. An arranger keyboard is played using finger movement, while a piano is played using primarily forearm movement.

All the best,

Gary cool

ok. Thanks

#458560 - 09/24/18 03:59 AM Re: What is BORING You about your Arranger Keyboard?? [Re: travlin'easy]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Sam, from my perspective, and having played both instruments, playing a piano and playing a synth require two, totally different techniques and has absolutely nothing to do with finger strength. An arranger keyboard is played using finger movement, while a piano is played using primarily forearm movement.

All the best,

Gary cool

My piano teacher would highly disagree with that..

playing piano is all about the perfect balance between fingers wrists and lower arms..

I think this video pretty much indicates what he tought me..

with just the finger technique of the piano playing, you come a long way on semi weighted keybeds. But all the finger technique is there in the playing the piano..

in general, playing and training more piano makes you less fatigued after long playing sessions..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#458566 - 09/24/18 05:41 AM Re: What is BORING You about your Arranger Keyboard?? [Re: cgiles]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
My thoughts:

Having a father went to Italy to study concert piano -- I have to say that there arm movements. To what degree? I think it may have a lot to do with volume -- accenting

When I am trying to improve my finger technics I do scales and arps on the piano. Returning to the keyboard I seem to have more command. Studies start slow an accurate, then gradually speed up.

I use an acoustic guitar which has high action in the same way. Returning to a guitar with low action I can breeze through the same piece of music.

John C.

#458579 - 09/24/18 08:17 AM Re: What is BORING You about your Arranger Keyboard?? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bachus, my piano teacher played with the Baltimore Symphony and she would agree with much of the video you posted. She was an incredible player and played for the Symphony for three decades before passing away. However, she always stressed forearm and wrist movement, primarily when a player was placing emphasis on a particular note or chord.

Gary

Edited by travlin'easy (09/24/18 08:25 AM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#458580 - 09/24/18 08:24 AM Re: What is BORING You about your Arranger Keyboard?? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

So what's boring about playing your arranger keyboard.. just saying..

#458581 - 09/24/18 08:28 AM Re: What is BORING You about your Arranger Keyboard?? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
As stated prior to the piano rant, "Absolutely nothing" is boring about playing my arranger keyboard, or any instrument for that matter. If I still had the chops, I would love playing my old 12 string guitar, mandolin, and even the chromatic harmonica.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#458594 - 09/24/18 10:56 AM Re: What is BORING You about your Arranger Keyboard?? [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

That the topic title doesn’t fit in with this forum?

As Gary says, there is nothing boring about playing arrangers..
Maybe they could spice up arrangers some more..
But the playing itselves is allways very fun..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#504603 - 12/22/21 02:33 AM Re: What is BORING You about your Arranger Keyboard?? [Re: Dnj]
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Do teenage boys get carpal tunnel? wink

#504607 - 12/22/21 04:12 AM Re: What is BORING You about your Arranger Keyboard?? [Re: Taike]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Boring is the mother of improvement.

Styles can be very boring; thump thump thump!

Sure, styles are boring, but that is why I love Multi-Pads, and switches that mute part of the style. By adding a ride cymbal, or a snare on 2 and 4, we have a difference. A bass that adds more of a kick. The list goes as far as your imagination.

So --- Boring equals improvement. Yes, boring can happen, but it is not the fault of the keyboard.

My opinion, John C.

#504610 - 12/22/21 05:01 AM Re: What is BORING You about your Arranger Keyboard?? [Re: Dnj]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By Dnj

I would say: Not boring at all!
During the years the arranger keyboards has given me nothing else than lots of joy and fun!
Well, and some more grey hair...

🎶🎶🎹🎶🎶
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online