SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#457746 - 09/09/18 03:52 PM Need suggestions for faster set up and tear down t
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Anyone have any tips Re: gig quick set-up and tear down? This what I got to work with; Arranger module, mixer, various controllers (Keytar or Keyboard or midi accordion), wireless receiver, sound system, wireless headword mic, vid monitor. Appreciate any suggestions for cases for easy access and toting, cable management etc. All power is run through a nine outlet conditioner strip. Thanks.
Ciao,
Jerry

#457747 - 09/09/18 04:01 PM Re: Need suggestions for faster set up and tear down t [Re: Jerry T]
Dnj Offline

Jerry look into putting all your gear into a rack system somehow in and out plugging into the PA system and you are ready to go it's a very personal choice everybody does it different... Talk to Gary Diamond he can build you a Gig Rig console of some kind for easy setup and take down... good luck

Ps any pics of your setup will help also?

Jerry or try your midi Accordion/Keytar,Midjay, Mic, plugged into the great sounding
JBL Eon One...just roll it in...plug both in the onboard mixer with FX and start to play....love both of mine.

Edited by Dnj (09/10/18 04:58 AM)

#457749 - 09/09/18 04:27 PM Re: Need suggestions for faster set up and tear down t [Re: Jerry T]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA

My setup is being used by a number of entertainers around the nation, some as far away as southern California. I constructed more than 2-dozen consoles over the years, and for the most part, they are all still in use.

Here's where you will find the instructions on building your own console, which is fairly easy. I had a welding shop produce all of those that I shipped out and the one I still own. NO! It's not for sale. smile Take a look at https://www.psrtutorial.com/music/projects/laptop.htm

As you can see from the accompanying video, from the time I parked the car to the time I began performing the first song was just 11 minutes, with the physical setup time of just under 7 minutes. It doesn't get much faster or easier than that. smile

Hope this helps,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (09/09/18 04:41 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#457771 - 09/10/18 03:52 AM Re: Need suggestions for faster set up and tear down t [Re: Jerry T]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
My simplest gig setup is My SD40 module, mic into SD40(no mixer needed),any controller,and Bose compact. I use this for small venues, but it covers arranger style play,midi play and/or vocal,CDG Karaoke, and piano of organ alone, depending on the controller used.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online