SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#457519 - 09/05/18 07:04 AM Re: I now know why I'm not a Piano player or [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Good stuff Donny
Damn I feel old as I remember seeing his TV show when I was very young.
I think that may have been one of my early influences that drew me to music.
One more trivia bit. One of Liberaces early gigs was at Pals Cabin in West Orange NJ.
Got to,see him once at the Garden State Arts Center. Memorable preformance.

#457520 - 09/05/18 07:23 AM Re: I now know why I'm not a Piano player or [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bill Lewis
Good stuff Donny
Damn I feel old as I remember seeing his TV show when I was very young.
I think that may have been one of my early influences that drew me to music.
One more trivia bit. One of Liberaces early gigs was at Pals Cabin in West Orange NJ.
Got to,see him once at the Garden State Arts Center. Memorable preformance.

Your very welcome Bill......and yes pal's cabin was a classic venue for so many superstars years ago.....
https://patch.com/new-jersey/livingston/pals-cabin-did-you-know-liberace-once-played-there

next time you in NJ Bill lets do lunch Again too! cool2

#457524 - 09/05/18 08:02 AM Re: I now know why I'm not a Piano player or [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Com'on Donny you just don't want lunch. You want me to bring my BK9 !!!

I'll let you know when we plan to get back up there. In the meantime keep bugging Fran. Tell him if he takes the BK out of the house you will provide security so no one steals it.

#457525 - 09/05/18 08:06 AM Re: I now know why I'm not a Piano player or [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Com'on Donny you just don't want lunch.
You want me to bring my BK9 !!!

hahahahaha I can always buy Fran waffles & ice cream and try out his BK9.....but let me know for sure when your ready to get rid of one of your Bk9's by then I might still have the fever!! cool2

lunch on me wink

Edited by Dnj (09/05/18 08:17 AM)

#457565 - 09/05/18 09:17 PM Re: I now know why I'm not a Piano player or [Re: Dnj]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
So we can all agree that PIANO PLAYER & ARRANGER KB PLAYER are very much two different entities entirely in so many ways. I fell so much better now wink

No.....they're not, Donny. A guitar and a saxophone are "two different entities." An arranger board and a piano are played the same way. Only difference being you don't sustain notes in the left hand when playing a piano. Which does make it difficult. It takes me sometimes 1-2 days in having to switch playing styles between arranger, piano, and accordion.

#457566 - 09/05/18 09:27 PM Re: I now know why I'm not a Piano player or [Re: Bill Lewis]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA

I know I can do it but find it hard to sit down everyday and put some time in on it.

I hear you Bill. Between you and me, that's why I just can't seem to nail that one pattern. On top of that, I'm still working on the "walking bass." The WB is coming along but painfully slow.

The days of "having enough time" are gone, never to return. I think I'm going to have to face reality and give up on JLL riffs or Boogie Woogie patterns, or most likely both. I'd rather spend the time playing Musette accordion (even though that will never quite pay the bills).

#457577 - 09/06/18 07:22 AM Re: I now know why I'm not a Piano player or [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Mark

Maybe don't ditch the Boog Maybe try them with both hands and then throw in some if your own licks and fills. Kinda two birds. The trick like anything else is slow but I'm too damn impatient. I never thought I'd need a metronome in a keybaord but use the FP90s all the time. Really shows you how off you can go with tempo.
Have fun with the accordion, a great niche to have mastered.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online