SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#457416 - 09/03/18 06:00 PM Free Korg Salamander Pianos - 88 Keys demo
SAM CA Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
This sound-set is edited and put together for the latest Korg Pa series by John Nebauer.

In this demo I used the 88 key Kronos to record the full Piano range.

#457419 - 09/03/18 07:26 PM Re: Free Korg Salamander Pianos - 88 Keys demo [Re: SAM CA]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Beautiful. Both the playing and the piano sound-set. About as good as any dedicated stage piano I've heard.

chas

#457420 - 09/03/18 08:58 PM Re: Free Korg Salamander Pianos - 88 Keys demo [Re: cgiles]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By cgiles
Beautiful. Both the playing and the piano sound-set.

+1

In my next life I will try to be as good piano/keyboard player and play like that, in the meantime, I'll look, listen and enjoy as best as I can!
Why does it look so easy?
keys
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#457421 - 09/03/18 09:07 PM Re: Free Korg Salamander Pianos - 88 Keys demo [Re: cgiles]
SAM CA Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
Beautiful. Both the playing and the piano sound-set. About as good as any dedicated stage piano I've heard.

chas

Thank you Chas. I agree with you. It's one of the best Pianos available for the Pa series and it doesn't take up the whole memory. Thanks to Alexander HolmFeel for making the sample project available for all....and then thanks to John for making it work for the Pa series.

#457423 - 09/03/18 09:23 PM Re: Free Korg Salamander Pianos - 88 Keys demo [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
SAM CA Offline

Originally Posted By Gunnar Jonny

....Why does it look so easy?
keys

Same question here for some performances I was just watching a few minutes ago. Good thing I have this legit excuse that I'm actually NOT a performer. This allows me to still enjoy playing without taking it too seriously.

But yeah, if I ever come back again ....as a human that is, I might just go for it next time!

#457426 - 09/03/18 11:03 PM Re: Free Korg Salamander Pianos - 88 Keys demo [Re: SAM CA]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Hi Sam...

Reuben really came through on this piano patch. Very impressive. It's up there with the best of the digital piano sounds. That's one of the reasons I'm not enthusiastic about my PA3x....the piano sounds leave a lot to be desired.

So you're playing the PA3x engine with Reuben's Salamander piano sounds installed and using the Kross as a controller?

I went to the site: New Free Sampled Piano for the Pa3x - (116mb)

Is it simple enough to install on a PA3x. I've been thinking for a while now about using the PA as a performance keyboard on piano events....even with that extreme muddiness in it. These Salamander sounds are a real game changer for me because I bought the 76 note PA.

I've enjoyed your videos that you've been posting. Your playing is exceptionally good as you know already. But what stands out the most for me is the music you're playing. You have excellent taste in song selection. My question is....are these Classical pieces written by famous composers.....or...are you simply improvising. I really like these tunes you do!

Mark

#457433 - 09/04/18 08:11 AM Re: Free Korg Salamander Pianos - 88 Keys demo [Re: SAM CA]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Sounds Great and very good playing.

#457434 - 09/04/18 08:28 AM Re: Free Korg Salamander Pianos - 88 Keys demo [Re: FransN]
Dnj Offline

"So you're playing the PA3x engine with Reuben's Salamander piano sounds installed and using the Kross as a controller? "

How much EQ'ing needs to be done after installation.....many times what you hear in a demo is not what you hear in your bedroom... cool2
that said excellent demo thanx for sharing..

Edited by Dnj (09/04/18 08:29 AM)

#457439 - 09/04/18 08:58 AM Re: Free Korg Salamander Pianos - 88 Keys demo [Re: SAM CA]
SAM CA Offline

Thank you everybody.

Mark,
I used an 88 Key Kronos to record the midi. Then I used the Pa4x as a sound module to playback the part and recorded the output. The reason I did this was to demonstrate the full range across the keybed for this particular Yamaha C5 sound.

These recordings are not actual pieces. They're only improvisations in certain styles.

I haven't added any effects at all, so what you hear is pretty much the default setting.

Loading a sound or complete sound-set is pretty easy. John has included a short instruction here:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=113029&start=0

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online