SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#457389 - 09/03/18 09:31 AM I HAVE A BIG HEADACHE...
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
that I made myself. 20 yrs ago I sold my iX300 Korg to an aquaintance who has used it to this date. Recently he reached out to me and wanted to update. I led him to the PA600, but he's not happy. Now he thinks he wants to trade back the 600 for a PA700 or 1000.

My thinking was that the 600 would have been a big leap with tons of improvements. He says he can't find the styles he used in the old machine. He admits to not spending much time with the 600 yet, but now he only has days to return it. My worry is that the 700 won't make him any happier. I've offered to let him come over and use the 1000 and decide what he wants to do.

I don't know if I'm seeking advice or just venting, but shouldn't a move up from Korg to Korg be a better move than anything else? He tried my s950 and hated it. Unfortunately, I acted as the middleman for his purchase and any transactions would have to include me, at least to start.

ARGHHHHH!!!!!!!
computer

Edited by cassp (09/03/18 09:33 AM)

#457390 - 09/03/18 09:57 AM Re: I HAVE A BIG HEADACHE... [Re: cassp]
Dnj Offline

sounds like hes stuck in the past and doesnt ant to move on to new and better things he needs to figure it out on his own....let him return it and start all over with what ever HE CHOOSES. Keep your Pa1000 learn it well,.....orrrrrr aren't you happy with the 1000 I'm sensing??? confused1 eek2

good luck...

Edited by Dnj (09/03/18 09:58 AM)

#457392 - 09/03/18 10:05 AM Re: I HAVE A BIG HEADACHE... [Re: cassp]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
cass ... A couple of thoughts ...
First, you can lead a horse to water, but if he drinks, that's his decision ... Your friend made the decision to buy the Pa600, not you ... Did he expect to find the same styles? Was that a realistic expectation? ...
He didn't spend enough time on the 600, is he going to spend enough time on the 700?
Your friend needs to spend the time researching the 700, including playing it, before he makes his decision ...
You can only relate to him what YOUR experience has been with the 1000 ... Make sure he knows that any decision he makes is his and his alone

#457404 - 09/03/18 12:50 PM Re: I HAVE A BIG HEADACHE... [Re: tony mads usa]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Cass, what does the average man hate the most in his later years? Change and relearning.

We met at my clubhouse to discuss changing a few things in garbage pickup. People lost their tempers, others started shouting, others walked out. It was like a circus.

Donny is right on, let him return the keyboard. Then explain the negatives and positives of upgrading to a ???? You are right in the middle of the learning curve with your Pa1000, you should find it fairly easy.

John C.

#457407 - 09/03/18 03:47 PM Re: I HAVE A BIG HEADACHE... [Re: bruno123]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Cass, I don’t know what it is about the 600...but I found it very uninspiring. From what I heard from certain dealers, it wasn’t a big seller as well.

Maybe he needs to do a little more homework and listening to other boards to find what he likes.

I remember feeling my old PA1X sounding more inspiring than the 600. Just MHO.

jingleman

#457410 - 09/03/18 04:58 PM Re: I HAVE A BIG HEADACHE... [Re: cassp]
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown

THANKS, guys. I've pretty much followed your advice already. I am going to do a little more to help him, but as far as which keyboard he chooses, that will definitely be up to him. He got such a good deal on the 600 he could probably make money on it instead of switching for another board, but I'm not telling him that - yet. He's basically computer illiterate and that's a big minus in his learning curve. I'm going to copy the style lists from the 600 and 700 and see if I can locate some styles he might recognize. I really think he needs to spend more time, but my choice for him would be the 700; he choose the 600 because of the great deal (and my OK).

DONNY, I'm far from disappointed with the PA1000. In, fact it may well overtake the G70 as my favorite all time arranger. It sounds fantastic and the features just keep on giving. The audience reactions have been surprisingly enthusiastic; I guess they could hear the improvement too. Right now I'm busy creating my own Songbook, as you suggested.

#457413 - 09/03/18 05:22 PM Re: I HAVE A BIG HEADACHE... [Re: cassp]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By cassp

THANKS, guys. I've pretty much followed your advice already. I am going to do a little more to help him, but as far as which keyboard he chooses, that will definitely be up to him. He got such a good deal on the 600 he could probably make money on it instead of switching for another board, but I'm not telling him that - yet. He's basically computer illiterate and that's a big minus in his learning curve. I'm going to copy the style lists from the 600 and 700 and see if I can locate some styles he might recognize. I really think he needs to spend more time, but my choice for him would be the 700; he choose the 600 because of the great deal (and my OK).

DONNY, I'm far from disappointed with the PA1000. In, fact it may well overtake the G70 as my favorite all time arranger. It sounds fantastic and the features just keep on giving. The audience reactions have been surprisingly enthusiastic; I guess they could hear the improvement too. Right now I'm busy creating my own Songbook, as you suggested.

Cass I'm so glad to hear that good luck!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online