SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#456511 - 08/19/18 08:14 AM Re: BK9 vs G70 [Re: Fran Carango]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By Dnj
one of these days Roland will get all these great ideas together and if ever recreate a TOTL G70ish arranger kb somehow in a more modern version that alone will turn the whole company around.

I have a feeling that Roland has left the TOTL Arranger line, and it would not surprise me much if they leave MOTL as well....

sofa
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#456531 - 08/19/18 10:24 AM Re: BK9 vs G70 [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Gunnar Jonny
Originally Posted By Dnj
one of these days Roland will get all these great ideas together and if ever recreate a TOTL G70ish arranger kb somehow in a more modern version that alone will turn the whole company around.

I have a feeling that Roland has left the TOTL Arranger line, and it would not surprise me much if they leave MOTL as well....

sofa

You never know what Rolamd will do... if there is one company unpredictable its Roland
However, they also seem out of the high end workstation market...
Altough are they? As the fa and ea series offer a whole lot almost on par with the totl instrument of other companies...

What i expect Roland to make next? Thats a hardware instrument that uses the Roland cloud as its major soundsource.. but offers the musicians all possible controll over the most diverse utilities from the hardware...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#456574 - 08/20/18 07:35 AM Re: BK9 vs G70 [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

In Frans defense,....if you talk about a Hammond B3, Fender Rhodes, Stradivarius, etc, which are older instruments no one ever questions it's age or sound quality, etc, ....but, if you mention a Roland G70 etc, it's referred to as Old technology, dinosaur, antique?
just wanted to throw that out...

thoughts? confused1

Edited by Dnj (08/20/18 07:38 AM)

#456576 - 08/20/18 07:48 AM Re: BK9 vs G70 [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I guess my question would be whether or not an AKB falls into the same category as a Hammond B3, Rhodes, Strad, Steinway, etc.
Personally, while I think AKBs are great instruments for their use, I would not put them in the same category as the others ...

#456596 - 08/20/18 12:34 PM Re: BK9 vs G70 [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
In Frans defense,....if you talk about a Hammond B3, Fender Rhodes, Stradivarius, etc, which are older instruments no one ever questions it's age or sound quality, etc, ....but, if you mention a Roland G70 etc, it's referred to as Old technology, dinosaur, antique?
just wanted to throw that out...

thoughts? confused1

Well... thats because violins haven’t gotten much better since stradivarius created them..same goes for the Hammond B3... as well as the Fender Rhodes or a steinway piano... their sound is set in stone..

However, the Roland G70 is trying to emulate all those instruments and did a decent job at that back then. But current day instruments have become a) a lot better at emulating those instruments b) are much easier to opperate(espescially the file system) and c) added quite a lot of new features...

You just can’t compare an arranger to those instruments.. because they are entirely different in nature

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online