SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#456417 - 08/18/18 06:18 AM Bose s1 pro now comes with battery standard
organgrinder Offline

Loc: ft. lauderdale, florida
Bose has dropped the non-battery s1 pro and now includes it at the same price of $599. They also have upgraded the software to use the bose connect app for stereo streaming with 2 bose units.I still love my 2 s1 pros. When using just one the korg pa1000 sounds much better in mono than the compact; fuller and richer.
MEL

#456493 - 08/19/18 05:07 AM Re: Bose s1 pro now comes with battery standard [Re: organgrinder]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
I’m not happy that Bose didn’t make the battery thing retroactive. For those that were early adopters, Bose sends a case, which I would most likely never use.

That said, I doubt I would use the batteries either.

#456506 - 08/19/18 07:52 AM Re: Bose s1 pro now comes with battery standard [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By guitpic1
I’m not happy that Bose didn’t make the battery thing retroactive. For those that were early adopters, Bose sends a case, which I would most likely never use.

That said, I doubt I would use the batteries either.

Look at it this way..if you were a busker on a street corner with a guitar like a Gibson Hummingbird & Bose S1 the battery feature would be ideal as it was intended. cool2

Edited by Dnj (08/19/18 07:53 AM)

#456508 - 08/19/18 08:08 AM Re: Bose s1 pro now comes with battery standard [Re: organgrinder]
organgrinder Offline

Loc: ft. lauderdale, florida
If you work nursing homes or need quick turnaround times the battery feature is great. The less cords you have, the less
chance of someone running over them with a walker or wheelchair
or the person that likes to come up and look over your shoulder to see if you are really playing. If using in stereo it's 2 more cords you don't have to pack up.

MEL

#456509 - 08/19/18 08:13 AM Re: Bose s1 pro now comes with battery standard [Re: organgrinder]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I, like many on this forum, used to stand while performing. I thought it made me look more like a was playing the keyboard and that people could see me better. That was a fallacy.

For the last 15 years I was on stage, I used a great stool that has a backrest, footrest, a heavily padded seat and fully adjustable. It weighed just over 25 pounds, and folded flat for easy transportation. I found that it immediately made me more relaxed while performing, it really had no effect on my singing and at the end of a performance, I no longer had an aching back from standing for one to four hours.

As for audience visibility, the stool positioned me high enough that the audiences could see nearly as much of me as when I was standing. So sitting as a no brainer for me. And, when I performed 3 to 4 hour jobs, sitting made it so comfortable that I rarely took a break during the entire performance, and if I did the break was just long enough to go the restroom and return.

Good luck on whatever you decide upon,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online