SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#456363 - 08/17/18 10:12 AM Dynamix Audio - with Yamaha GENOS
Dnj Offline

amazing things start to happen when you
DIG IN the OS of any keyboard wow!
why be stuck with the sound the factory gives you.
Put in the time do your homework .....sound amazing!

Edited by Dnj (08/17/18 10:23 AM)

#456377 - 08/17/18 02:44 PM Re: Dynamix Audio - with Yamaha GENOS [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

If your the lazy type of player this kind of deep editing will NOT be in your wheel house.
But as always this will always result in what you hear but then again some don't even hear it anyway...

#456395 - 08/17/18 08:17 PM Re: Dynamix Audio - with Yamaha GENOS [Re: Dnj]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
This is AMAZING indeed!!! Played around with it on my S770 and what a difference it makes. Yes, it is tedeous, but heck, the resulrs are AWESOME!

Tx for sharing.

#456400 - 08/17/18 08:38 PM Re: Dynamix Audio - with Yamaha GENOS [Re: Henni]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Thanks for Video.
I use this feature all the time on Genos to edit drum kits.
Once you play with it for a bit it is really easy to use and very powerful feature indeed.
Eric

#456406 - 08/17/18 10:52 PM Re: Dynamix Audio - with Yamaha GENOS [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

What wonders me is that they don’t deliver drum sets that work straight out of t box..

The drum edditing of todays high end keyboards both Genos Pa4x as well as the Ketrons is incrdible...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#456409 - 08/18/18 01:17 AM Re: Dynamix Audio - with Yamaha GENOS [Re: Dnj]
Henni Offline

For those who do not understand:

In the drum sections of the Yamaha style, you can split your drum kit up in selected sections of any available drumkit. I.o.w. say you choose a Kick from the Rock set, there are three different Kick drums available just in that kit, many more in the other kits. Select any of them. Next you can grab a snare from the Symphony kit. There are mostly ten or more selections available under most categories. Now grab a Hi-hat from somewhere. Same goes for the Toms and for EVERY individual instrument that makes up for your total drum kit.

Next, adjust the individual volumes, attack, effect and many more parameters individually for every single one of these selected drum parts.

Can you imagine what is possible? I never knew this. It is really AMAZING to say the least.

#456419 - 08/18/18 06:41 AM Re: Dynamix Audio - with Yamaha GENOS [Re: Henni]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Henni
For those who do not understand:

In the drum sections of the Yamaha style, you can split your drum kit up in selected sections of any available drumkit. I.o.w. say you choose a Kick from the Rock set, there are three different Kick drums available just in that kit, many more in the other kits. Select any of them. Next you can grab a snare from the Symphony kit. There are mostly ten or more selections available under most categories. Now grab a Hi-hat from somewhere. Same goes for the Toms and for EVERY individual instrument that makes up for your total drum kit.

Next, adjust the individual vollumes, attack, effect and many more parameters individually for every single one of these selected drum parts.

Can you imagine what is possible? I never knew this. It is really AMAZING to say the least.

I first started to edit using my Roland G70 which has a feature called MAKEUP TOOLS which lets you dissect each & every drum set and each part of the kit then you can micro eq, fx, edit each part to perfection in so many ways until you get the sound you like. So many people have no clue or even care about this then wonder why the styles & overall sound isn't up to par.....dig in.

#456421 - 08/18/18 06:49 AM Re: Dynamix Audio - with Yamaha GENOS [Re: Dnj]
Henni Offline

Hi Dnj,

This is going to seriously effect my future style modifications. I always thought I had to live with what I got in the drums. This changes EVERYTHING.

I am really beginning to get a lot of respect for the Yamahas. They not only have my kind of styles, but also all the tools required for some serious style modifications.

At this point in time, if I lived in the US, I would have swapped my Audya for a new Yamaha S975 to anyone willing to do so, even though I own a S770. The thing I hate about my Audya is that I have to modify the style itself to use some of the Ajamsonic voices as they are not sampled at the correct octaves for whatever reason. Once the Audya so much as touches that style, the Style modification software is no longer able to process that style.

On the Yamaha, I simply change the octave setting of the voice, and save it as a new user voice. Thus when I use it, I do not have to modify the style first. This was extremely tedious to do when I converted styles for the Audya.

I could turn a S975 into anything I want, including a mini Genos with room to spare for my other favourite voices.

Henni

#456423 - 08/18/18 07:30 AM Re: Dynamix Audio - with Yamaha GENOS [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

good luck Henni...your future of editing is all out there and at your command...enjoy!

#456622 - 08/21/18 07:53 AM Re: Dynamix Audio - with Yamaha GENOS [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Two New demos... wow keys

Edited by Dnj (08/21/18 07:54 AM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online