Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#456427 - 08/18/18 08:02 AM Re: BK9 vs G70 [Re: cgiles]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By cgiles
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
see?

Sure Dave. Nobody epitomizes the average 64 yr old female like Christy Brinkley. Get Real! What the average person thinks of when you say DJ is a guy with HipHop attire, two turntables, a megawatt sound system, and a dozen sound effect gadgets. Anything else is just an old codger with a blank stare on his face playing CD's (or maybe an 8-track smile ). I'd bet my Crumar SEVEN that not three people (over 60) on this forum could name three of the top 10 songs (without the help of Google) being played in the type of venues that would feature a DJ as the main attraction. But hey, it's ok to dream smile. Who knows, maybe Keith Richards will show up at the next Polka festival you attend.

chas

What happened to make you so bitter, my friend? You're comparing such different things. A hip-hop DJ works in a hip-hop environment .... full of kids. What's your reference point for "AVERAGE PERSON" anyway? My crowds are very mixed. A blank stare doesn't make someone old - it makes them boring, and there are LOTS of DJs, singers, piano players (many jazzers) who show little emotion on stage. This is just ageist thinking. Sometimes, you really surprise me.

#456429 - 08/18/18 08:06 AM Re: BK9 vs G70 [Re: Bachus]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By Bachus
If you like supernatural sounds... the jupiter 80 adds another layer on top of the integra 7... thats because the features in the live sets...

I think the jupiter 80 is the most underestimated piece of gear ever produced by Roland...
Sadly it kinda failed economicaly.. making Roland step further away from this kid of products...

Bachus, I want the Super Natural acoustic instruments.. I really have no need for the zillion synth sounds...(I outgrew that years ago). smile

I keep looking at the FA series.. it has a little more than 100 SN acoustic patches and you can download any SN and other sounds from Axial site..

I really don't need another keyboard, so my interest in the integra7..Unfortunately I don't want to go back in time and haul rackbags again.. frown

Another plus with the integra7,,,, all the SRX boards are on board.(some of the best sounds to date)..

I used Roland Cloud and was able to download and use the SRX orchestral vst's.. with my DAW.. this has real possibilities (cost is 20 bucks a month..)

That is like seven years of Roland cloud offset the cost of FA07 or integra7. grin

Since I am not sure what I want to do... I am in a holding pattern (for today anyway smile ).

#456431 - 08/18/18 08:29 AM Re: BK9 vs G70 [Re: Uncle Dave]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA

What happened to make you so bitter, my friend?

I'm not bitter Dave, but statements like that, carefully crafted to influence others on the forum to view me in a certain light, could easily make me feel that way. In fact, I'm probably a lot less bitter than YOU'd be had you had my life experiences living in this country. Sometimes my 'truths', said mostly in jest, might ruffle some over-sensitive feathers, but others on this forum have said MUCH, MUCH worse and not been labeled 'bitter' or 'angry' (Donny's preferred word). Why do you suppose that is? With the exception of the 'old codger/Keith Richards' reference (said in jest), I stand by everything I said in the post you referenced above. Maybe you should read it again. Oh, and FWIW, you DON'T surprise me.

chas

#456432 - 08/18/18 08:29 AM Re: BK9 vs G70 [Re: Fran Carango]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Originally Posted By Bachus
If you like supernatural sounds... the jupiter 80 adds another layer on top of the integra 7... thats because the features in the live sets...

I think the jupiter 80 is the most underestimated piece of gear ever produced by Roland...
Sadly it kinda failed economicaly.. making Roland step further away from this kid of products...

Bachus, I want the Super Natural acoustic instruments.. I really have no need for the zillion synth sounds...(I outgrew that years ago). smile

I keep looking at the FA series.. it has a little more than 100 SN acoustic patches and you can download any SN and other sounds from Axial site..

I really don't need another keyboard, so my interest in the integra7..Unfortunately I don't want to go back in time and haul rackbags again.. frown

Another plus with the integra7,,,, all the SRX boards are on board.(some of the best sounds to date)..

I used Roland Cloud and was able to download and use the SRX orchestral vst's.. with my DAW.. this has real possibilities (cost is 20 bucks a month..)

That is like seven years of Roland cloud offset the cost of FA07 or integra7. grin

Since I am not sure what I want to do... I am in a holding pattern (for today anyway smile ).

The Jupiter 80 is “only” super natural sounds ...
all available Super natural acoustic sounds
And all the super natural synth sounds..
No PCM sounds like in the integra 7
Escept for the drum sounds, they are PCM based in the Jupiter 80

The fa08 for example has only a subset of the SNA sounds
Mostly the keyboard sounds, but not the saxes, trumpets etc etc..
those are only in the jupiter 80 and the integara 7
The integra 7 has 1000’s of sounds most pcm based from the older roland synths..

Roland cloud is incredible its €20/month and each year you get to choose an instrument for keepers. The only downside of the Roland cloud is that its a huge resource hug... the instruments are orriginally DSP based (not as in effects, but in a way of programming) the conversion to intel based processing is hugely inefficiënt.

However, integration of the cloud with a hardware instrument is the next big thing i expect Roland to do... it will feel like you have a Roland hardware instrument, with the high end cloud sounds inside

http://keyszone.boards.net

#456444 - 08/18/18 10:12 AM Re: BK9 vs G70 [Re: cgiles]
Uncle Dave Offline

FWIW, you DON'T surprise me.

Chas, I'm an open book. WYSIWYG, so I'm not surprised that you "get" me at face value.
I appreciate our differences, and enjoy the playful banter of a solid debate. I'm just trying to understand how you could slam the generation that you're apart of for being "less hip" ... or something like that. Maybe I missed something in your words.
At any rate, (or age) I pride myself on being a darn fine entertainer/musician/singer AND DJ. When I look at a crowd, I assess the needs of the room, and choose my program material accordingly. Age is not a factor, I follow the hits charts. I have kids, I watch body language. I know how to engage a crowd, and I do it 6 nights a week ... for all ages. Granted, my core audience is baby boomers and older, but the rooms I play have a diverse representation, and I can usually please most of them. There are tricks you learn after 50 years on stage that work most of the time, and I know a lot of them.

#456461 - 08/18/18 12:02 PM Re: BK9 vs G70 [Re: Uncle Dave]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
More ads for a dinosaur that's discontinued, and mostly unavailable. You crack me up, Fran ... living there, in your Roland museum!

#456463 - 08/18/18 12:50 PM Re: BK9 vs G70 [Re: Fran Carango]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Dave, I'm probably the farthest thing you can get from being a 'bible-thumper', but there are a few passages that I really love; ie 'There is none so blind as he that WILL not see'. When you label someone, especially someone from another culture, as 'bitter' or 'angry', it conjures up a very negative image of that person and causes others in the majority culture to view them with suspicion and even (unwarranted) anger. That has never been more true than in the divided environment we are currently experiencing in this country. One of the reasons I like Fran is that although I may tease or kid him (as do a lot of us) about his undying admiration for and loyalty to, all things Roland smile , he recognizes it for what it is (locker room 'smack' talking) and I don't ever recall him getting angry or calling me (or anyone alse) 'bitter' or 'angry'. Same with Zuki, Steve, Tony, Russ, Eddie, and a few others. I think they recognize that it's just part of my personality, probably cultivated from 10yrs of military and 50 yrs of uphill struggle.

Look, Jews make fun of Jews, Italians make fun of Italians, Blacks make fun of Blacks; everyone makes fun of their own culture....SO WHY CAN'T 'OLD CODGERS' make fun of 'OLD CODGERS'? And let's face it, that's what most of us are here on SZ. Now that we've hashed this out, can we go back to why the BK9 AND the G70 BOTH SUCK and that the only ones that like them are ol' codgers whose hearing is so shot that they have absolutely no idea what these museum relics REALLY sound like smile smile.

chas - the Granny Smith of Apples

#456464 - 08/18/18 12:56 PM Re: BK9 vs G70 [Re: Fran Carango]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Dinosaurs.... or simply the best smile

I don't know of a single keyboard better at what it does ..than the G70... I challenged you guys dozens of times to a head to head comparison...and never a peep out of you guys..

I have done the comparisons , often with your equipment.. grin

The BK9 is a better keyboard than my amigos have ever owned.. Don't take my word... bring on that Korg PA or PSR.. shocked
It will never happen grin

Another discontinued item the Edirol M-16dx.. could be the best all around mixer.. even today.. with 18 audio channels recording at once on separate channels.. and the cleanest digital mixer I have heard..

Sound systems yes I use the 33 year old Roland cubes.. matched with the Edirol M-10dx mixer... Bring on your best sound systems and I will send you home with your tail between your legs (is that possible) smile

Yes there are reasons I still use dinosaurs... simply the best.. wink

Now if I can find someone that needs an analog TV.. I have a couple to get rid of.. frown

My final relic is my 54 year old accordion and Sano stereo amp.. cool

#456465 - 08/18/18 01:10 PM Re: BK9 vs G70 [Re: cgiles]
Uncle Dave Offline

chas - the Granny Smith of Apples

smile 'sall good. We can disagree on this one. So, are you in love with the Seven still? Any shortcomings?
dave - the Red Delicious of apples

#456469 - 08/18/18 01:48 PM Re: BK9 vs G70 [Re: Fran Carango]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By Fran Carango

My final relic is my 54 year old accordion and Sano stereo amp.. cool

I have those also ... But the accordion is also a Sano ...
I know I used a different cable for stereo - more like an xlr - but in those days never even wondered how the 'stereo' worked ... perhaps you could enlighten me, Fran ...

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online