SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#456360 - 08/17/18 09:52 AM Re: BK9 vs G70 [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

wait a minute Dave wink she's not a REDHEAD!!!

Attachments
annnnnnnn.jpg

#456362 - 08/17/18 10:05 AM Re: BK9 vs G70 [Re: cgiles]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
Originally Posted By Fran Carango
light, compact and I can even DJ with it… No need for any laptop or tablet..

I know a few of you do it but I just can't picture a 70-80 yr. old DJ. Where ARE these events???...in a funeral home??? Any problem finding music slow enough for your 60 yr. old stripper. I guess that explains why Donny was promoting that gurney as an equipment cart; it can serve double duty in an emergency.

chas - aka Jon Benjamin, pianist

Its funny how most people have no clue about todays modern deejays.. many use quite a few keyboards and synths during their performances..

The time they just pushed play on a cd track is long ago.. many of them are aspiring musicians that try and reproduce wellknown music in their own way...

Here is two youtube video’s giving some insight on todays deejaying...

Edited by Bachus (08/17/18 10:11 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#456364 - 08/17/18 10:17 AM Re: BK9 vs G70 [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

just the word Dj turns off many arranger kb style players that is a fact...a musicians greatest asset is keeping an OPEN MIND....
but the world continues to turn at any rate.

Edited by Dnj (08/17/18 10:18 AM)

#456368 - 08/17/18 11:22 AM Re: BK9 vs G70 [Re: Uncle Dave]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
see?

Sure Dave. Nobody epitomizes the average 64 yr old female like Christy Brinkley. Get Real! What the average person thinks of when you say DJ is a guy with HipHop attire, two turntables, a megawatt sound system, and a dozen sound effect gadgets. Anything else is just an old codger with a blank stare on his face playing CD's (or maybe an 8-track smile ). I'd bet my Crumar SEVEN that not three people (over 60) on this forum could name three of the top 10 songs (without the help of Google) being played in the type of venues that would feature a DJ as the main attraction. But hey, it's ok to dream smile. Who knows, maybe Keith Richards will show up at the next Polka festival you attend.

chas

#456369 - 08/17/18 11:28 AM Re: BK9 vs G70 [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Somebody was telling me they went to an affair and there was a DJ playing jazz music all night go figure the couple throwing the party were big jazzers..... said it was a refreshing change from the booming Bass hip hop music pumping all night and unbelievable volume levels but hardly anyone was dancing except for the slow songs...

Edited by Dnj (08/17/18 11:32 AM)

#456373 - 08/17/18 02:23 PM Re: BK9 vs G70 [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Somebody was telling me they went to an affair and there was a DJ playing jazz music all night go figure the couple throwing the party were big jazzers..... said it was a refreshing change from the booming Bass hip hop music pumping all night and unbelievable volume levels but hardly anyone was dancing except for the slow songs...

That the problem when the DJ gets told what to play all night. A suggestion OK but all night never works. Been through that and I was the one blamed for a lame party.
I bet everyone was bored to death. "cut the damn cake so we can get outta here"

#456375 - 08/17/18 02:41 PM Re: BK9 vs G70 [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bill Lewis
Originally Posted By Dnj

That the problem when the DJ gets told what to play all night. A suggestion OK but all night never works. Been through that and I was the one blamed for a lame party.
I bet everyone was bored to death. "cut the damn cake so we can get outta here"

yes Bill it always happens BUT, ...the people throwing the party also have the power to drive the car so to speak and choose anything they want to hear...blamed or not by the attendees play what they want to hear no matter the outcome,.........this is where booking the event in the first place is where a DJ makes the decision to play it or not without just doing it for the money or risk being subjected to major ridicule by all involved big time,
.....WARNING stop Don't get caught up in a game you have no business being there for. And that goes for not only DJs but for any kind of perfromers...
...just get your check and walk away.

#456376 - 08/17/18 02:42 PM Re: BK9 vs G70 [Re: Fran Carango]
124 Offline

I can remember when this thread was about the BK9 vs the G70.

#456407 - 08/17/18 10:58 PM Re: BK9 vs G70 [Re: 124]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By 124
I can remember when this thread was about the BK9 vs the G70.

Yes, i can remember when Roland released its last high end arrangers... sadly that was some time ago.. wish we where discussing the latest greatest Roland keyboard here... with all the sounds of the Integra 7, the live sets of the jupiter 80 and the arranger parts of the ea7 and more..

The BK9 only has very few super natural sounds... if it would have had more, it could have been a killer when released...

The G70 was the most advanced keyboard of its time, yet still very much misunderstood by many, it git its real appreciation when other instruments didnt make make the jump Roland made..

However, sounds and dsp are getting a little outdated on the G70
And i did miss the multipads on it..
But the killer was no real memmory for sound expansions..

Edited by Bachus (08/17/18 11:02 PM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#456426 - 08/18/18 07:56 AM Re: BK9 vs G70 [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Dnj
wait a minute Dave wink she's not a REDHEAD!!!

Even better example! (and she's much older!)

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online