SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#456070 - 08/12/18 09:00 AM Re: Besame Mucho - Korg Pa4x Jazz & Strat DNC Guitars [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Donny, just fire up your S970, select the JazzClub style, use the "A" variation, turn off the style's piano and guitar, then select the #1 OTS and you'll nail it. Sounds great - I just tried it on the S-950.

Gary

Thanx Gary I'll try that asap..

#456072 - 08/12/18 09:16 AM Re: Besame Mucho - Korg Pa4x Jazz & Strat DNC Guitars [Re: vangelis]
SAM CA Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
Originally Posted By vangelis
Very good player but with all due respect that can be playing on a MOTIF or any other workstation, maybe you can add that style section to your future videos? it might sway more Yamaha past owners to the PA4X smile

Thank you Vangelis. I gotta disagree with you on that. I've played Motif and many other synths/workstations in the past and that's not how it works at all! Each synth has their own unique programmings and require different techniques. You can get away with Piano patches, but definitely not with Guitars. In order to do a half decent job, you have to adapt and change your playing style with each board. This even applies to different keyboards from the same company.

Also, the purpose of this video was to showcase these two Guitar presets. You can use a Style but it'll mask some of those details and subtle nuances....which again it would defeat the purpose of this particular recording. For a rock performance, I would totally use a Style.

Also, I have complete control over harmonic and melodic progressions this way. With Styles you can't do that. With or without manual bass, the Pa4x still does its own thing so you have to compromise.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online