Dnj Offline

Edited by Dnj (08/09/18 12:53 PM)

#455887 - 08/09/18 07:11 AM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Edited by Dnj (08/09/18 12:48 PM)

#455888 - 08/09/18 07:42 AM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: Dnj]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
I don’t like to sound like a “hater”, but I’m sorry to say that I’ve heard nothing “tasty” in these videos. It’s year 2018 now and this sounds like some games for PC from nineties.

The second video is too..., what is the word..., pretentious, I guess… even with some mixed message, I mean, a guy comes in with a keyboard, plays it for a while and leaves it there.

But my concern is that this affordability which is often spoken about in the context of Casio’s keyboards, is, in my opinion, a myth.

I guess, they just look where Yamaha has a gap in their range, like between psr-e463 and psr-s670, and fill this gap with their product. For a long time they were successfully selling their low-end digital piano, I guess, it was CDP-120, because there was no alternative from Yamaha, and only some time later Yamaha offered something like P-35.

To my mind, affordability is when you buy, for example, a phone from Xiaomi, instead of iPhone, and although you deal with compromises later (and with benefits as well), you end up paying about 3-10 times less. This is affordability. But you are just saving close to nothing by choosing Casio over Yamaha.

This CT-X5000 is not that much cheaper than PSR-S670, but the second one offers a really grown-up stuff, and what’s the point of spending even more on Casio MZ-X500 when for that money you can buy Yamaha MX61 - a tool which actually can be used in a serious work.

I feel weird that even Donny has a Yamaha logo on his avatar now, because Yamaha is becoming some sort of president Putin in Russia - “everyone likes him because what’s there not to like?”.

I may speculate that the way which allows Casio to survive in the market is that they target those who are buying their first or second keyboard, or as a gift for somebody else. This way the customer is not trained enough to hear the difference, but with Casio it’s always some “new revolutionary sound engine” and “it has never been available at this price before” - which I find misleading, just like advertising is supposed to be.

#455894 - 08/09/18 11:27 AM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: FransN]
Kabinopus Offline

I don’t really see the point to identify ourselves according to products that happen to be in our houses. After all, it’s not such a luxury to have lots of different keyboards of any brand. So I see it a little bit illogical to be emotional about it.

But as I personally deal with keyboards quite a lot myself, I’m interested to know what’s going on in this area. If there’s a chance that I may collaborate with some brand in the future, or just make some consulting work, I have to go further than “Oh, they are all nice” or “it’s up to personal preferences”.

I can just picture a situation when I’m to sell one keyboard and have to decide which one that will be, keeping in mind that I’ll have to deal with (dis)satisfied costumers later. I believe that this logic can help me be less biased (living creatures can’t be totally not-biased, I think).

I’m not trying to turn it into an argument over whose toy is better and I’d rather not to discuss politics here, I mentioned Putin just as a specific phenomena here, locally.

#455896 - 08/09/18 12:29 PM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: Dnj]
Kabinopus Offline

I’d rather not to change my words afterwards. But I used quotation marks, giving it as some sort of hypothetical utterance, to illustrate that domination of one brand is not really a healthy thing.

I personally really want these new Casio’s to be great, I want to see a real competition here. But so far I’m dissatisfied even with the way they promote it. The man in a suit plays the brass in a highly unnatural way, and overall it doesn’t seem like a very enjoyable playing. I also have some recent Casio’s brochures; they’re quite unimpressive themselves, I mean, the quality of photos and textual content. To me it seems as signs of compromises which are allowed to be. “Okay here, okay there…”. It all plays in favor of competitors. Eventually the distance gets larger and larger and we know how it ends.

I’m all ready to be impressed with promotional videos of any brand. I haven’t invested into any brand for about 5 years, it’s not like I have a need to justify my recent decision, and I’d go with Casio if it were a real bargain, but… so far I know that I’d be happy if I got Casio as a gift, I’d play it and enjoy quite a lot, but having a choice… again, I just don’t see this affordability.

#455898 - 08/09/18 12:51 PM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

don't know where this is going but politics or religion I don't discuss ever..I just walk away.

Edited by Dnj (08/09/18 12:54 PM)

#455899 - 08/09/18 12:54 PM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: Dnj]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
I am also done with this thread and probably with synthzone because of the brand bashing going one here.

#455900 - 08/09/18 01:15 PM Re: . [Re: Dnj]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Donny,
this is the second thread in short time you delete all your entries, despite of it is your thread by start it.
I don't think this is fair to the members here, and it make the thread more meaningless / useless. shocked

I agree fully about that this is not the place for politics and religion, but the original topic was not, it was about Casio.
Maybe Nigel should reconcider the option about edit and delete when see such wiping?
coffee
At least it show how important it is to quote, even if it's a kind of waste of bandwidth.
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#455901 - 08/09/18 01:18 PM Re: . [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
FransN Offline

Not only Donny removed his posts, i did aswell.

#455902 - 08/09/18 01:49 PM Re: . [Re: FransN]

Originally Posted By FransN
Not only Donny removed his posts, i did aswell.

Yeah, I did notice that your posts is missing.....
Too bad, because you had a suggestion / solution for 'happy ending'. I also agree with your statement about all the negative comments about brands / models.
Needs are different for different people, and every model usually find a happy owner.
And as mentioned in many posts by more than one:
"It's not the keyboard, it's the player." cool
keys

#455903 - 08/09/18 02:37 PM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: FransN]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I am also done with this thread and probably with synthzone because of the brand bashing going one here.

But Brand-Bashing is just someone's opinion, which like A-holes, everybody has one ... The problem is that people start to take things personally ... If someone bashes a KB you own/like/love, SO WHAT?!?!? ... It's their opinion, which in YOUR opinion is wrong ... so let people talk, answer if you must, then move on ... As long as YOU are happy, isn't that all that matters ???
There is a huge difference in "You are wrong" and "I think you are wrong" ...
Just my opinion ...

#455904 - 08/09/18 02:53 PM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: tony mads usa]
Ketron_AJ Online   content

Loc: Middletown, DE
Originally Posted By tony mads usa

But Brand-Bashing is just someone's opinion, which like A-holes, everybody has one ... The problem is that people start to take things personally ... If someone bashes a KB you own/like/love, SO WHAT?!?!? ... It's their opinion, which in YOUR opinion is wrong ... so let people talk, answer if you must, then move on ... As long as YOU are happy, isn't that all that matters ???
Just my opinion ...

I think you are wrong :-)

#455905 - 08/09/18 03:00 PM Re: . [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Gunnar Jonny
Donny,
this is the second thread in short time you delete all your entries, despite of it is your thread by start it.
I don't think this is fair to the members here, and it make the thread more meaningless / useless. shocked

I agree fully about that this is not the place for politics and religion, but the original topic was not, it was about Casio.
Maybe Nigel should reconcider the option about edit and delete when see such wiping?
coffee
At least it show how important it is to quote, even if it's a kind of waste of bandwidth.

all deleted were only Casio ct x5000 youtube videos anyone can view on there..I received 2 private messages wont mention names of people who disliked videos always being posted on SZ so I deleted them to be nice....I'll leave it at that.

Edited by Dnj (08/09/18 03:17 PM)

#455908 - 08/09/18 03:15 PM Re: . [Re: Dnj]
FransN Offline

Donny now you can delete the whole post not only the content.

#455910 - 08/09/18 03:30 PM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: Ketron_AJ]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By Ketron_AJ

Just my opinion ...

I think you are wrong :-)

That's fine ... You're not the first, won't be the last ... wink

#455911 - 08/09/18 03:39 PM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: tony mads usa]
FransN Offline

I guess you are right but I won’t post or comment about Casio anymore.

#455915 - 08/09/18 09:41 PM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: FransN]
Bachus Offline

It wasn’t me, was it?
Atleast not in this topic...

Because these low end Casio’s offer a lot of value for the money..
Surprisingly i pefer many of their sounds above the px-560..
Espescially in the department where i previously in another post described the weaknesses of the Casio sound engine..

Yet where it comes to the actuall style arrangements, i think theye should make another step at Casio... does anyone know if you can import yamaha styles, just as in the mz-x500?

At that price this instrument is really really competitive... it has to offer much more then the yamaha psr-e series... however, its not the price class i am personally interested in, and you can’t compare these instruments to Pa4x, sd9 and Genos ...

There is a difference between being critical and brand bashing... when it comes to casio, i still think style arrangements are underperforming compared to the big guys... however feature wise, they are on top of their game.. still think the mz-x500 has the best interface for any under €3000 arranger. I think its good to say praise where its due and to be critical at other moments. Thats not brand bashing, thats being open and honest. On top of it, that are opinions...

Different opinions are a blessing, or we would all be playing the pa4x, which would make this forum a litlle dull, would it?

Edited by Bachus (08/09/18 09:53 PM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#455919 - 08/10/18 01:41 AM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: Dnj]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I think we all need to put on our big boy pants on and stop being so sensitive about brands and products. One of the things I have noticed generally , and not specific to this forum is that people can’t have even have a spirited debate about really minor things in the grand scheme of things , like electronic equipment , without getting their panties in a twist ,because someone had an opinion,that they were not fully able to justify . Or that opinion wasn’t a as well reasoned as it perhaps ought to have been . I think if you don’t want to participate in the conversation then don’t, but you don’t have to throw your toys out the pram at the same time .

Donny , It’s fine pasting YouTube clips as far ai I am concerned, I love it and I’m grateful that you have brought these instruments to my attention as they are way off my radar. And for young people who are interested in arrangier keyboards, but can’t afford the big ticket price Yamaha’s and Korg then its nice introductory keyboard it’s fine pasting YouTube clips on the forum i.

If I send you 20 personal messages will you please continue to post clips ?

Here is a clip of Cory Henry playing the Casio and it sounds amazing https://youtu.be/TRkBsEBOzig

Edited by spalding1968 (08/10/18 01:41 PM)

#455920 - 08/10/18 03:20 AM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: Bachus]
FransN Offline

No it wasn’t you Bachus. But saying the ct x 5000 sound like a pc of the 90’s and saying what is not to like about Putin just pissed me off. But i am ok now.

#455921 - 08/10/18 03:46 AM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: FransN]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
It is healthy to have this kind of discussion as long as it does not go too far. Venting sometimes helps people feel better. I worry about too many regulations being imposed in the name of making things better. You may not agree but this kind post shakes things us up, it takes the boring out of the same old.

My example of people trying to perfect the gated community I live in:
We are now required to bring our dogs to the club house --- they are going to swab the dogs tongs, get the dog’s DNA – then store it in their computer. When they find dog droppings they will be matched with the DNA in their computer and the owner od the dog will receive a $100 fine. aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Please don’t make SynthZone perfect, John C.
PS, Donny keep em coming.

#455927 - 08/10/18 07:34 AM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: FransN]
Bachus Offline

No it wasn’t you Bachus. But saying the ct x 5000 sound like a pc of the 90’s and saying what is not to like about Putin just pissed me off. But i am ok now.

Writing here is just like making music sometimes, its all about the right tones, phrasing and articulations. One wrong note can make a whole performace go to the drain. Or even worse, make the bar explode into a fight..

#455929 - 08/10/18 07:43 AM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: bruno123]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Originally Posted By bruno123

We are now required to bring our dogs to the club house --- they are going to swab the dogs tongs, get the dog’s DNA – then store it in their computer. When they find dog droppings they will be matched with the DNA in their computer and the owner od the dog will receive a $100 fine. aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Holy crap! crazy Dogs need an ACLU attorney (Animal Civil Liberties Union)

#455930 - 08/10/18 07:45 AM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: Bachus]

Originally Posted By Bachus

Writing here is just like making music sometimes, its all about the right tones, phrasing and articulations. One wrong note can make a whole performace go to the drain. Or even worse, make the bar explode into a fight..

Oh well, there have been some minor blowouts now and then, but we have had some amazing years of excitement, fun and joy here at SZ.
May it never have to end. bow
keys

#455932 - 08/10/18 08:19 AM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: sparky589]
tony mads usa Offline

Originally Posted By sparky589

Well, there's nothing holy about crap - dog's or otherwise - all the owners have to do is clean up after their pets ...
while the association's action may seem severe there's probably a reason for it ...

#455936 - 08/10/18 10:17 AM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: tony mads usa]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Originally Posted By sparky589

Well, there's nothing holy about crap - dog's or otherwise - all the owners have to do is clean up after their pets ...
while the association's action may seem severe there's probably a reason for it ...

Yes- Lot of incidents of Poop and Run!!

https://mrdogpoop.com/splash/index.html

Jerryghr

#455942 - 08/10/18 01:30 PM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: Dnj]
Kabinopus Offline

I really don’t want to change the focus, mostly I was within the subject of the promotional video, which Casio has released, and I was questioning the way they are promoting their products and what their chances are to succeed.

There’re quite few keyboards out there in the market, if we can’t feel comfortable discussing it freely, I don’t really know what to discuss in the first place. I shared my impressions, including emotional ones, and my thoughts, I expect to be corrected if I’m wrong about something, this is the point of speaking publicly, still, I’m not attacking anyone personally.

It’s a challenge to handle a disagreement in a productive way, and staying away from religion and politics maybe we can practice it with keyboards.

#455947 - 08/10/18 06:19 PM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: Dnj]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
I guess I missed all the action--whew!

I too want Casio to succeed, with GEM and Technics gone, the more alternatives the better! Maybe I could draw my own conclusions about the sound, interface, keybed quality--IF I could actually find and play one of these boards in a store.

The Casio MZ-X500 has been out for at least a year. I've never seen one in a store.
Nor have I seen the Roland E-A7, or any Ketron product. Internet sales are undercutting the costs of brick & mortar, I get it. So IMO if the manufacturers want to break in with increased sales, it's incumbent upon them to host pop-up events, demo stands in malls, etc.

I'm ok with Yamaha. But I often wonder if it sells because it's what's there. Thanks for letting me vent!

Edit: One more thing, this is one of the lightest, most compact arrangers out there. But the lack of a DIN MIDI jack makes me lean toward the MZ-X500. Bad move on Casio's part IMO.

Edited by TedS (08/10/18 06:23 PM)

#455948 - 08/10/18 08:57 PM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: Dnj]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
I like to read what Kabinopus has to say when he posts. Agreement or disagreement should should not even enter the picture. We're here to state different viewpoints on different issues. Why do the potholes have to open up. I was sailing along reading Kabinopus's opening messages and enjoying the refreshment of one of the "thinkers" on the Synthzone and anticipating some healthy replies. Next thing I know I was thrown into a series of potholes and everything went South from there.

On the other hand, and this is not directed at anyone, "brand-bashing" is confusing to those who read the "brand-bash." Sometimes you forget to remember that they are opinions, nothing more. Now if you're looking to purchase something, you're also getting input not only from here, but from your keyboard salesman, media articles, your musician friends, company ads, Internet blogs and Internet "fake news." All of the latter NOT being opinions but, unfortunately, manipulation.

But the biggest problem of "brand-bashing" and "anything-bashing" is the negativity it produces. There is too much negativity and confusion going on in today's world, in general, without it being displayed and perpetuated here.

I still remember one of the members here said about a year ago (under different circumstances) something like: "At the end of the day, I can't wait to go on the Synthzone and view the posts. It's very therapeutic and is my end of the day treat."

#455955 - 08/10/18 10:33 PM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: TedS]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By TedS
I guess I missed all the action--whew!

I too want Casio to succeed, with GEM and Technics gone, the more alternatives the better! Maybe I could draw my own conclusions about the sound, interface, keybed quality--IF I could actually find and play one of these boards in a store.

The Casio MZ-X500 has been out for at least a year. I've never seen one in a store.
Nor have I seen the Roland E-A7, or any Ketron product. Internet sales are undercutting the costs of brick & mortar, I get it. So IMO if the manufacturers want to break in with increased sales, it's incumbent upon them to host pop-up events, demo stands in malls, etc.

I'm ok with Yamaha. But I often wonder if it sells because it's what's there. Thanks for letting me vent!

Edit: One more thing, this is one of the lightest, most compact arrangers out there. But the lack of a DIN MIDI jack makes me lean toward the MZ-X500. Bad move on Casio's part IMO.

It almost feels like the MZ-X has been discontinued in Europe
It looks like this cheaper model has an upgraded sound engine compared to the MZ-X series.

#455970 - 08/11/18 06:34 AM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: Kabinopus]
FransN Offline

Originally Posted By Kabinopus
I really don’t want to change the focus, mostly I was within the subject of the promotional video, which Casio has released, and I was questioning the way they are promoting their products and what their chances are to succeed.

There’re quite few keyboards out there in the market, if we can’t feel comfortable discussing it freely, I don’t really know what to discuss in the first place. I shared my impressions, including emotional ones, and my thoughts, I expect to be corrected if I’m wrong about something, this is the point of speaking publicly, still, I’m not attacking anyone personally.

It’s a challenge to handle a disagreement in a productive way, and staying away from religion and politics maybe we can practice it with keyboards.

Then don’t mention Putin in your post if you want to stay away from politics. I asked you polite to remove these sentence about Putin but you refused.

And saying that the ct x5000 sound like a game of the 90’s isn’t really a discussion but is brand bashing from a Yamaha fanboy.

#455997 - 08/11/18 10:09 AM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: Dnj]
Kabinopus Offline

I believe that if the enthusiasm about these Casio products is genuine, it can be used to reveal various advantages of them and to fight former prejudices, in case they exist.

I’m not sure that investing much emotion in response to things that I say can be rewarding, though.

I don’t want to make this discussion about this very discussion itself, it would be some kind of a “loop”, as in sci-fi they would say “it’s a paradox!”.

#455999 - 08/11/18 10:35 AM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: Dnj]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Maybe Americans should worry more about their own idiot instead of being offended by someone's elses. At the end of the day those two are best buds
😁😁..
Back to Casio.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#456001 - 08/11/18 10:55 AM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: Dnj]
FransN Offline

I am not a American and Trump didn’t shoot down the MH17.

Edited by FransN (08/11/18 10:56 AM)

#456006 - 08/11/18 12:42 PM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: FransN]
Bachus Offline

I am not a American and Trump didn’t shoot down the MH17.

Neither did the Russians government, atleast thats not proven...

Sometimes they want the people to believe things so they can comtinue with their political campaigns... its really convenient for the Western world to blame the Russians, so convenient its hard to believe they would be this stupid.

Who are we to call Putin a dictator while 90% of the Russian people openly support him?

But as many said we should stay away from politics, they don’t have a place on a musicians forum unless the politics directly influence our music and instruments... and i don’t see a relationship between either Trump as well as Putin and our arranger keyboards...

#456008 - 08/11/18 12:56 PM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: Dnj]
FransN Offline

It is proven Bachus. And he support the biggest war criminal today Assad.

Edited by FransN (08/11/18 01:00 PM)

#456033 - 08/12/18 02:55 AM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: FransN]
Bachus Offline

It is proven Bachus. And he support the biggest war criminal today Assad.

Really? Proven? By a judge and a Jury? Or just because politiciams say its proven?

#456038 - 08/12/18 03:23 AM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: Dnj]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
Watching Fox news or cnn should be classified as a disease.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#456039 - 08/12/18 05:10 AM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: Dnj]
FransN Offline

Yes Bachus dream on. Plane fell down by itself.

#456045 - 08/12/18 06:11 AM Re: Casio X5000.... [Re: FransN]
Bachus Offline

Yes Bachus dream on. Plane fell down by itself.

No it didn’t..
Thats the only fact we can be sure off...

#456075 - 08/12/18 09:54 AM Re: Casio Ct X5000 [Re: Dnj]
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I’ll put my 2 cents in (for what it’s worth). First I disagree with the negative comments posted by a member, and sorry, but find it laughable to see this person compare the sounds quality to the 90’s. To make a statement like that IMO is just silly.

Casio has filled a gap Yamaha left wide open for the taking. That CTX5000 is an exceptional bargain. Yamaha, Korg, and Roland can’t touch what it does for the price. The presets are pretty darn good on the 5000, and there are plenty of users out there that have done a side by side comparison with this and the only contender Yamaha has (current E series), and many have said they felt the 5000 had better sounds. Honestly, how can a person say the 5000 sounds like the 90’s after hearing that antiquated Yamaha piano on the E series contender.

Casio snuck in and dropped a good model filling a gap that Yamaha and others have ignored for years. Their new AiX sound engine is actually quite good. Casio has really upped their game, but unfortunately will always have “haters” who will always bash them, even when they are beating the competition.

Sqk

Edited by squeak_D (08/12/18 09:56 AM)
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#456083 - 08/12/18 11:21 AM Re: Casio Ct X5000 [Re: Dnj]
124 Offline

I just wonder if the market segment that buys Yamaha e-series and/or Casio are all that discerning about sounds. I suspect it's more about low price and availability. Obviously the segment is large enough and you see more Yamaha about than you see Casio, around here anyway. But if someone is looking for a decent keyboard so that their eight year old might get interested, then either one is a decent choice, and many a parent won't look any further than what's in front of them in the store.

#456094 - 08/12/18 01:45 PM Re: Casio Ct X5000 [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
... lost interest in this thread. That Casio does not impress me at all.

#456095 - 08/12/18 02:05 PM Re: Casio Ct X5000 [Re: Dnj]
Kabinopus Offline

You know, I’m doing my best not to be a fan or a hater of anything and try to stay open minded. But if a promotional video is intended to make an impression, I can’t help feeling about it like I do and to speak about it. As music is both intellectual and emotional thing, an emotional evaluation has its own right to exist.

But comparing this music to the music of 90’s games I’m not being too abstract about it. That music was in fact quite good in many cases, but Casio’s version of contemporary dance music in the video was, in my opinion, highly unconvincing.

The key thing is, I guess, that the keyboard is presented as something shocking, as if everyone should be out of words with delight, as Casio says, it’s a “Monster sound”.

If I’ve heard something that I like, why wouldn’t I be exited about that? I’m not a reach man and I’d love to buy something comparable to PSR-S770+ for half the price.

The thing is that it’s a usual practice for Casio to announce each new keyboard as something revolutionary, giving new names for their “sound engines”. Before “YouTube” it used to be that I made a long trip to the store to try this “a keyboard of my dream”, but it didn’t take me more than a minute to become disillusioned.

I did try PX-560 at store last year and watched carefully lots of videos of it, but I found no reason to call it a bargain. If it sounded like PSR-S770, yes, that would be a great tool, but it doesn’t. I don’t think that it’s a bad keyboard either.

Coincidentally, I’ve been expressing a lot of skeptical thoughts about Yamaha Genos on this forum, still, we managed not to give each other labels.

There’re a lot of things I don’t like about PSR, and that’s why I want Casio or other brand to push Yamaha harder.

But I’m not going to support a promotional video which I didn’t like.

Generally, I’m a little bit alarmed with Casio products, because, for example, as one review stated, CT-X700 doesn’t even allow to adjust volume of dual/split voices. I’ve checked the manual and it seems to be correct. To me it seems as some carelessness, which was allowed to happen. And altogether I don’t see Casio being successful in other fields, this is my rough observation, but I just don’t see them being much around in the world of modern personal electronics nowadays.

#456100 - 08/12/18 04:18 PM Re: Casio Ct X5000 [Re: Dnj]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Donny...you really got things stirred up with this thread. All over a bunch of keys and plastic...💗🎹🤷‍♂️

#456101 - 08/12/18 04:24 PM Re: Casio Ct X5000 [Re: jingleman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By jingleman
Donny...you really got things stirred up with this thread. All over a bunch of keys and plastic...💗🎹🤷‍♂️

Don't shoot the messenger.... Enjoy!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online