SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#455714 - 08/05/18 06:42 AM Re: Working with SysX and SD40 [Re: Torch]
IMMusic_Curt Offline

Loc: New Symrna Beach, Fl.
Chris - Give this a try. The bank and patch mapping for the user banks in the AJAMSonic SD40. AJAMSonic SD40 Voice Map

Edited by IMMusic_Curt (08/05/18 06:48 AM)

#455721 - 08/05/18 01:19 PM Re: Working with SysX and SD40 [Re: IMMusic_Curt]
Torch Offline

Curt, thank you for the valuable data.

Chris
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#455722 - 08/05/18 01:30 PM Re: Working with SysX and SD40 [Re: MusiMa]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By MusiMa
Hi Chris,

The app is called Midi Designer Pro 2, a very comprehensive app that can realize very complex Midi controllers. Unfortunately, Ketron did not release so many Sysex data for the SD 40. That's why I had to trick.

From the beginning: behind each button on the iPad are two more and a knob hidden. This is needed to send the two Sysex data mentioned above, because tabs always send two, one on press and one on release. However, only those functions can be addressed that really have buttons on the SD 40. Ketron has also released only Sysex data for the Micro. For all the other functions like Intro / End or Voicetron I use the footswitch. I've created a set of footswitch in the Ketron with the values ​​I want to control with iPad. The footswitch allows many functions. With Sysex, every footswitch button can be addressed. The footswitch does not even have to be connected.
Incidentally, the app can read out the Sysex values. For the wireless transmission I use from Yamaha the midi adapter MD BT01. The app recognizes the adapter easily and connects.

I hope this helps. If necessary, I would like to show in a new topic how this is realized with Midi Designer.

Regards
Matthias
Yes, it would be great if you would start a new thread on this. I, too, have MIDI Designer 2. I suspect that you plug in both MIDI Din In and MIDI Din Out of the MD BT01 into the SD40 as the Din Out powers the Din In. Is that correct? I use the mi.1 by Quicco Sound.

Thanks for sharing. Oh, btw, the IOS solution is good when playing a keyboard, but I also use a MIDI accordion as a controller, which means most of the time both hands are "tied," and I need a foot controller solution. I suppose that you can connect a foot controller to trigger the sysEx in MIDI Designer 2.

Chris

#456080 - 08/12/18 10:27 AM Re: Working with SysX and SD40 [Re: IMMusic_Curt]
MusiMa Offline

Loc: Germany
@ Chris

yes, you are right with the wiring of the MD-BT01.

Unfortunately, I have no solution for the question of the footswitch.

Regards

#456118 - 08/13/18 08:32 AM Re: Working with SysX and SD40 [Re: MusiMa]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Maybe Midi Solutions pedal or footswitch controller? Both can be programmed to transmit sysex messages via pedal activation.

Edited by sparky589 (08/13/18 08:45 AM)

#456144 - 08/13/18 11:45 PM Re: Working with SysX and SD40 [Re: MusiMa]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By MusiMa
@ Chris

yes, you are right with the wiring of the MD-BT01.

Unfortunately, I have no solution for the question of the footswitch.

Regards
Matthias, as I suspected MIDI Designer supports external midi controllers and foot controllers as in this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=33&v=QTPwArwcHMo

Is there any way you can share your MIDI Desinger file?

Thanks,
Chris

#456145 - 08/13/18 11:56 PM Re: Working with SysX and SD40 [Re: sparky589]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By sparky589
Maybe Midi Solutions pedal or footswitch controller? Both can be programmed to transmit sysex messages via pedal activation.
You can only do one command of sysEx with these two if I remember correctly. Their Event Processor Plus, which I have, can handle multiple strings of sysEx messages.

I might add that with the EP+, still you need a MIDI foot controller with multiple footswtiches like the FCB 1010 to trigger each string of sysEx. Unless a person already has the EP+, the whole setup gets up a little too expensive and complex.

Edited by Torch (08/15/18 08:41 AM)

#456164 - 08/14/18 01:22 PM Re: Working with SysX and SD40 [Re: Torch]
MusiMa Offline

Hi Chris,

actually I wanted to upload the file here, but unfortunately I did not succeed. I can send it by mail. Or does anyone know how I can upload the file here?

For this file to work, a set for the footswitch must be adjusted accordingly in the menu, because I can only use Sysex for existing buttons. To use the other functions, for which there are no buttons on the SD 40, I use the Sysex data of the footswitch. Since I myself have only one footswitch with 6 buttons, so I could only read the Sysex to button number 6 and continue to find out button 9 Sysex. I do not know how the numbering continues from button 10, so unfortunately I can not use the Sysex of buttons 10 to 13 for my MIDI Designer File. But I do not really need any other functions.

Greetings Matthias

P.S. sorry for my bad english, i hope it's understandable what i mean.

Attachments
Set SD40.jpg.JPG (14 downloads)

Edited by MusiMa (08/14/18 01:26 PM)

#456180 - 08/14/18 08:24 PM Re: Working with SysX and SD40 [Re: MusiMa]
Torch Offline

Hi Matthias,

To upload a file, all you have to do is, after you open a message window, click on "File Manager" as in the uploaded screenshot below. If you have an issue, let me know. I will PM you.

Now, what file are you referring to? I was wondering if you would share your MIDI Designer layout/file. Once I have that, I will go from there and incorporate a foot controller.

You said, "because I can only use Sysex for existing buttons." As you probably know, there are many other functions in the SD40 that you can call up by sysEx. So I was thinking that once I receive your MIDI Designer layout, I can just enter any sysEx I want.

Chris

#456183 - 08/14/18 10:50 PM Re: Working with SysX and SD40 [Re: Torch]
MusiMa Offline

Chris,

I would like to use the File Manager, but I received the following error message:

"The files you may upload have the following extensions:: .gif, .jpg, .txt, .zip, .png, .mp3, .m4a, .mid, .wma, .doc, .pdf, .sty"

Sorry, I've mispronounced something wrong with the Sysex. Of course, there are much more Sysex to control the SD 40. However, the list of values I have from Ketron does not include some of the values. For example, the values for End1 End2 End3, Voicetron on / off, Micro on / off are missing. That's why I used the Control with the Sysex of The footswitch. If you know these Sysex, I would be grateful if you tell it to me.

greetings
Matthias

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online