SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#455188 - 07/25/18 04:24 AM FIRST JOB WITH BOSE S1 PRO
organgrinder Offline

Loc: ft. lauderdale, florida
I ran my pa1000 in stereo on the job yesterday with left out to bose compact and right out to bose s1 pro on a pole. They played very well together, I could have put the s1 on the floor tilted back and it probably would have been fine but I just wanted to give it a fair chance and wanted to hear them from the same angle so I could compare them evenly. The set up time surprised me. It took longer to assemble the bose compact than it did to put the baby bose on a pole. However, even my lightweight poles weigh a lot where the compact extentions weigh next to nothing. The sound was great and I was happy sitting between these two speakers. Only about 60 or 70 people there but no problems with the power. Tomorrow I have a tiny room with maybe 25 people and will be using the single S1 on the floor tilted up mode because there is no room for both and the S1 is smaller. I am very surprised at the little s1's power. using channel one with tone match off. sounds just like the compact but a little less bass but I have the tone controls to dial in just the right amount of that so all is good. This is going to be a workhorse for me and a back saver.LOVE IT
MEL

#455189 - 07/25/18 04:32 AM Re: FIRST JOB WITH BOSE S1 PRO [Re: organgrinder]
organgrinder Offline

I forgot to tell you. In the S1 manual(yes I read it) it says not to use the pole adapter with a waffle pattern on the sides because it can damage the sensor switch inside the bose. Make sure about this as the switch could get stuck in the # waffle hole and break.
MEL

Edited by organgrinder (07/25/18 04:48 AM)

#455192 - 07/25/18 07:42 AM Re: FIRST JOB WITH BOSE S1 PRO [Re: organgrinder]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Mel, just a wild guess, but I suspect you'll enjoy more bass if the S1 is on the floor and relatively close to the wall behind you. Give it a try and let us know.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#455194 - 07/25/18 07:50 AM Re: FIRST JOB WITH BOSE S1 PRO [Re: organgrinder]
organgrinder Offline

Thanks Gary but the s1 has plenty of bass. I was just saying that you can dial in more bass on the s1 itself if need be. I wish my compacts would have the s1 mixer built in.

Buy the way my compacts will be used most of the time. They are very hard to beat. I'm just experimenting with my s1 to see what
it can do.
MEL

#455209 - 07/25/18 02:09 PM Re: FIRST JOB WITH BOSE S1 PRO [Re: organgrinder]
travlin'easy Offline

I used my Compacts right up until the day I retired, still have one in the office, and they were just awesome.

All the best,

Gary cool

#455213 - 07/25/18 02:33 PM Re: FIRST JOB WITH BOSE S1 PRO [Re: organgrinder]
organgrinder Offline

GARY
I took your advice on the yamaha forum years ago when they first came out and you got one. 2 months later I got a 2ond one for stereo and mostly for large spaces. I never needed more power and I used them in places that were way too large according to the specs. I never had to crank them to the point on distortion and they have worked great all these years. Thanks for some of the best advice I have ever been given. Your posts even until today help and inspire others to be at their best when performing. You have not retired, you have changed your job to "MENTOR TO ALL WHO PLAY KEYBOARDS".
THANK YOU AGAIN
MEL

#455215 - 07/25/18 03:02 PM Re: FIRST JOB WITH BOSE S1 PRO [Re: organgrinder]
travlin'easy Offline

Thanks Mel, I really appreciate those kind words.

All the best,

Gary cool

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online