Topic Options
#455152 - 07/23/18 11:22 AM Free Korg pa4x sound set
Bachus Offline

check out the Mallificious soundset here

Qui released a free high quallity soundset for the pa4x
It comsists of 128 high quallity sounds
With some very nice spacious piano sounds
No samples required, it uses the samples allready in the pa4x

Quirobinez is wellknown for his free collections of Kronos sounds.
A have quite some of his sounds in my Kronos

I really enjoyed playing with his new sounds in the pa4x tonight

Edited by Bachus (07/23/18 11:23 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#455156 - 07/23/18 12:07 PM Re: Free Korg pa4x sound set [Re: Bachus]
SAM CA Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
I've never tried his sounds before, but I'm definitely going to load this one soon. Nice of him to share his set. I'm not a big fan of massive packages that take up the whole memory for just one instrument.

Did you try out the Pianos? Are they all ambient pianos? Generally these type of sounds are more appropriate with low tempo and large note value type of performance. I wonder how the effect built up will sound with a faster tempo.

#455187 - 07/25/18 12:44 AM Re: Free Korg pa4x sound set [Re: SAM CA]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By SAM CA
I've never tried his sounds before, but I'm definitely going to load this one soon. Nice of him to share his set. I'm not a big fan of massive packages that take up the whole memory for just one instrument.

Did you try out the Pianos? Are they all ambient pianos? Generally these type of sounds are more appropriate with low tempo and large note value type of performance. I wonder how the effect built up will sound with a faster tempo.

Why would you want to use an ambient piano sound at a higher tempo? Thats not where they are suited for..

But the whole 2x64 sounds are very diverse, some choirs aand orchestralls are there. I alos like the guitars and the edm and trance synth sounds... all in all very usefull and it adds in those areas where the standard pa4x sounds leave room for improvement, or in many cases, there is small areas not covered..

The whole package adds a different tonation of sound sto the pa4x

#455191 - 07/25/18 07:15 AM Re: Free Korg pa4x sound set [Re: Bachus]
SAM CA Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus

Why would you want to use an ambient piano sound at a higher tempo? Thats not where they are suited for..

Not true! Not every ambient patch under the sun is a larger than life cinematic spacious Piano. You wouldn't know until you actually play it to see how it is....hence the question.

Anyways, I loaded the SET yesterday and spent some time with it. The ambient soft piano is pretty versatile actually. He's done pretty creative stuff with his presets. Big fat like!

#455196 - 07/25/18 09:34 AM Re: Free Korg pa4x sound set [Re: SAM CA]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By SAM CA
Originally Posted By Bachus

Not true! Not every ambient patch under the sun is a larger than life cinematic spacious Piano. You wouldn't know until you actually play it to see how it is....hence the question.

Anyways, I loaded the SET yesterday and spent some time with it. The ambient soft piano is pretty versatile actually. He's done pretty creative stuff with his presets. Big fat like!

This video is a pretty good interpretation of your last statement..

#455222 - 07/25/18 03:16 PM Re: Free Korg pa4x sound set [Re: Bachus]
SAM CA Offline

This demo doesn't exactly do justice to Qui's work but yeah something like this. Hopefully others will record their own demos. It's good to listen to a sound set from a different perspective..

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online