SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#455104 - 07/22/18 06:58 AM Re: Styles Quallity [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Moving forward manufacturers should make it much easier to create, mix, match, paste, copy, edit, styles in any which way the player would like opening up a whole new world for arranger players to create music
versus how difficult & restrictive it is now...

#455107 - 07/22/18 08:30 AM Re: Styles Quallity [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By abacus
Originally Posted By Bachus
Originally Posted By abacus
You can’t really compare Bohm & Wersi to Yamaha as Bohm & Wersi are Organ first with arranger capability’s, whereas the Yamaha is Arranger first with organ sounds available, the style requirements for organ play and arranger play are different, this is why Bohm and Wersi allow you to load in Yamaha styles so that it makes it easier for arranger players to transition to organ play. (In an arranger styles are paramount, whereas in an organ they are way down the list, hence when you listen to organ players they mainly use just drums and vamp chords)

Bill

Styles are styles...

And at 23.000 or more, one should expect better or equall styles then on a 4.000 euro instrument..

But thats just my opinion...

The topic is specifically style quallity, not ease of use.. or controll interface..
And when i compare all these styles..
Genos is on top where it comes to style quallity..
And is ages ahead where it comes to (song)style availabillity and diversity..

Now, i will not buy a Genos, as my pa4x is still a great instrument, and my next arranger will either be an 88 key weighted one or a module one..

Yes, but as you have pointed out, there are different types of styles and the type of styles you need when playing an organ are different to the styles needed when you play an arranger. As the Bohm & Wersi are organ first and arranger second, the styles have to be designed for organ style playing.
If you load in an arranger style into an organ and play the organ as it is supposed to be played, then the arranger style will sound very poor in comparison to a style designed for organ play, as it will be receiving inputs and variations (Organ play is different to arranger play) that it will not be able to deal with.
If you load a style designed for organ play into an arranger, they suck, if you load an arranger style into an organ and play organ style, they also suck.
Regarding arranger keyboards, I’d still just take the Korg styles over the Yamaha styles, however going back a few years I always found Roland styles ruled the roost. (How times change)

Bill

We kinda disagree...

Because from my pov its possible to edit an arranger style (less is more) in such a way that it works perfect for an organ... in general all you need to do is mute some tracks...

For organ play, i guess, i would mostly stick to just drums, percussion and some pads and maybe a little percussion... however, the other way around does not work.. strange thing is, many Wersi owners i know..are actually arranger players that can affrod an organ.. they play layed down chords with their left hand instead of an acompaniment or a countermelody... and only use the bass pedals on the beat or so..

For those players often adding a Ketron module is the only way to get top knotch styles in their expensive organs.. even the famois Franz Lambert uses a Ketron module..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#455108 - 07/22/18 08:36 AM Re: Styles Quallity [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Moving forward manufacturers should make it much easier to create, mix, match, paste, copy, edit, styles in any which way the player would like opening up a whole new world for arranger players to create music
versus how difficult & restrictive it is now...

Ketron leads the field here...
mix and match tracks..
But also Korg and Yamaha allow the copy paste of tracks..
But ketron creates a database of tracks with names, where Korg and Yamaha only show style names..

There is more things i would like to see
Like the support for rex2 audio files on the multipads
That allows you to really do some fun things..
Espescially if you combine that with 8 multipads, or even a system like ketrons launchpads.
From the Korg point of view, they recently added a module to korg gadgets that allows the use of rex2 files.. so korg is on the money here.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#455117 - 07/22/18 01:17 PM Re: Styles Quallity [Re: Bachus]
Eric, B Online   content

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Bachus is correct.
It is really easy to copy and paste any style part to any part in a style on the Genos.
Further more, with separate inserts effects I can make any style part sound different.
Especially useful for guitar parts.
Eric

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online