SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#454803 - 07/16/18 07:44 PM Re: V3 Sound Modules [Re: Torch]
SAM CA Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
Looks like V3 does not have a dealer in the US. Ketron's website was a bit strange too. I tried contacting them through their own website and after filling up the form and everything, I came to another 'V1 Captcha' page as they wanted to verify I'm a human. That's where it got stuck and didn't let me submit my inquiry. I tried another browser and pretty much the same thing! The help menu says, they need to upgrade to V2 Captcha or something because V1 has been discontinued! So how do people get in touch with Ketron USA then?

These feedback/reviews that you guys are sharing are very helpful. I might get the V3.

I've been looking into the Dexibell Vivo SX7 Sound Module as well. I'm just a sucker for Pianos and EPs. I already have Keyscape, NI Ultimate and various keyboards, but can never have enough Pianos!

Edited by SAM CA (07/16/18 07:45 PM)

#454813 - 07/17/18 12:18 AM Re: V3 Sound Modules [Re: Torch]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Ketron US here

Bill

#454826 - 07/17/18 09:39 AM Re: V3 Sound Modules [Re: SAM CA]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By SAM CA
Looks like V3 does not have a dealer in the US. - SNIP -
These feedback/reviews that you guys are sharing are very helpful. I might get the V3.

I've been looking into the Dexibell Vivo SX7 Sound Module as well. I'm just a sucker for Pianos and EPs. I already have Keyscape, NI Ultimate and various keyboards, but can never have enough Pianos!
No wonder you as a piano/EP person have Keyscape. I'd say it's worth the price for all the "keys" you get, but as for me I'm not sure if I want to sacrifice over 70 GB of space on my laptop SSD mainly for pianos and EPs. If one is into pianos and EPs, the SX7 module looks like the right module, or rather the GSi Gemini.

A gentleman in our area was a V3 sound distributor/dealer for a brief period of time, but he closed his business due to a health issue. You can buy directly from V3 Sound.

Speaking of pianos/EPs, by the way, V3 Sound has a piano module. I checked it out just now; tons of pianos, EPs, pads, strings, tone-wheel organ sounds, and others.

http://www.v3sound.com/en/e-ov-pianists.html

Demos and reviews
https://www.thomannmusic.com/v3_sound_v3_grand_piano.htm

Chris
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#454827 - 07/17/18 09:42 AM Re: V3 Sound Modules [Re: Ketron User]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By Ketron User
I have both SD1000 and V3.

The SD1000 sounds to me more versatile to play GM-files out of the box. Whereas the V3 has far better sounds to play solo.
Just my opinion.

Also, the SD1000 (like all Ketron-products be it SD2, SD4,SD1000) produce much more background-noise, as a result of using cheap DA-convertors in these little boxes.
The V3-module produce nearly no noise…

For me, the V3 is the better choice in Sound-Quality, and Sound-Kwantity!

Best Regards,
Carlo
As much as I like Ketron sounds(currently I own SD4 and SD40), I agree to your comments. The SD4 still has a bug for the USB connection, SD1000 can't be powered by a PC due to a cheap part in the unit...

#454829 - 07/17/18 09:51 AM Re: V3 Sound Modules [Re: abacus]
SAM CA Offline

Hi Bill,
Yes, that's the website I was talking about.

#454831 - 07/17/18 09:53 AM Re: V3 Sound Modules [Re: Torch]
SAM CA Offline

Originally Posted By Torch
Originally Posted By SAM CA
Looks like V3 does not have a dealer in the US. - SNIP -

No wonder you as a piano/EP person have Keyscape. I'd say it's worth the price for all the "keys" you get, but as for me I'm not sure if I want to sacrifice over 70 GB of space on my laptop SSD mainly for pianos and EPs. If one is into pianos and EPs, the SX7 module looks like the right module, or rather the GSi Gemini.

A gentleman in our area was a V3 sound distributor/dealer for a brief period of time, but he closed his business due to a health issue. You can buy directly from V3 Sound.

Speaking of pianos/EPs, by the way, V3 Sound has a piano module. I checked it out just now; tons of pianos, EPs, pads, strings, tone-wheel organ sounds, and others.

http://www.v3sound.com/en/e-ov-pianists.html

Demos and reviews
https://www.thomannmusic.com/v3_sound_v3_grand_piano.htm

Chris

Yes, I was able to get in touch with Klaus for the V3, so all is good.

Keyscape is awesome. It has tons of awesome sounding keys. You do need some serious horse power to run the full patches. It used to be a plug in only, but now you can run it in standalone mode as well .

#454833 - 07/17/18 09:57 AM Re: V3 Sound Modules [Re: Torch]
Ketron User Offline

[quote=Torch SD1000 can't be powered by a PC due to a cheap part in the unit... [/quote]

Hello Torch,

That's strange, my SD1000 is powered by USB without any problems...

Is your PC capable to provide enough power on the usb-ports ?
I believe the SD1000 needs 1 Amp.

Best Regards,
Carlo

#454836 - 07/17/18 10:32 AM Re: V3 Sound Modules [Re: Torch]
zionip Offline

Loc: TX
Hi Chris,

I can only speak for my Ketron SD1000 unit, which I use with vArranger. I power it using a USB 3.0 port of a 2-in-1 laptop. Please note that the SD1000 in the following photo is connected through USB only, without using AC/DC adapter.

I found that my SD1000 can only be powered by the USB 3.0 port on the laptop directly and gets recognized by Windows as an audio device. The SD1000 is not recognized by Windows 10 when connected through a USB 3.0 hub.

Thanks,
Paul

Edited by zionip (07/17/18 10:33 AM)

#454866 - 07/17/18 03:55 PM Re: V3 Sound Modules [Re: zionip]
Torch Offline

Carlo and Paul,

Just in case you didn't see this on the vArranger forum and for others with the SD1000 USB connection issue, someone posted a PDF file on how to fix the issue.

Chris

Attachments
Ketron SD1000 Repair Manual.pdf (586 downloads)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online