SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#45474 - 01/06/05 12:01 PM pr 604 song manager
rotty Offline

Loc: england
Hi Everyone,
I'm a new member neding some help please.
I have a pr 604 and loaded the drivers etc for the song manager which come with the machine.I put in a midi file drag it to the area I want it to load to it seems to start and say don't turn off etc and then "transmission error" this is if I upload or down load I get the same message.
I have windows x.p and the usb 2 as per technics manual.I would like to use my lap top to store my midi files and styles if possible.Thanks in advance

#45475 - 01/06/05 04:41 PM Re: pr 604 song manager
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Rotty and welcome to the Forum.
I assume that when you are attempting to carry out file transfers, that your PR604 is displaying the 'Home' screen (the screen which appears when you first switch on)
If this is the case and the problem still exists, then it is probably due to defective installation of the driver software. You are not alone in experiencing this problem
It is very important to follow the installation procedure 'to the letter' and Win XP usually requires some additional steps, compared to Win 98SE.
There is a full 'tutorial' in the Tech-Tips page of my website (Tech Tip 1). http://mysite.freeserve.com/willumspages/index.html

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#45476 - 01/08/05 02:07 PM Re: pr 604 song manager
rotty Offline

Loc: england
Hi Willun,
Followed your instuctions exactly and it worked first time.Thank you very very much for your help.Im so plaesed to get it working thank you again
Joe

#45477 - 01/08/05 05:31 PM Re: pr 604 song manager
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Joe,
You're Welcome Glad to help.......

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online