SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#454490 - 07/10/18 03:19 PM Spent a few hours ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... with our S-Z buddy Steve M today - sorry Donny, no vids, no pics - ...
Steve brought his GENOS over and basically we sat at our own KBs, spun the Songbook and played whatever song it landed on ...
Played through my Mackie ProFX8 mixer into my Podium 10s ... the speakers handled both KBs, and I was pretty impressed with the GENOS - NO, not enough to go out and buy one - The drums sounded alive and crisp and the bass came through nice and solid, even without a sub ... guitars also sounded really nice
I played the GENOS, and liked the key feel, although the 76 keys threw me off a little bit ...
BIG negative for me - no onboard speakers - one of the same reasons I would not buy a Pa4X ...
Like Uncle Dave I've got to have those onboard speakers coming right at me ...
But I can see why those who have one love it ... it's a great board ...
Is it the 'best board on the planet'? ... I don't know, I haven't played them ALL ... but I was VERY impressed with Steve's Pa4X when he brought it over also ...
And the Pa4x costs less ...

Edited by tony mads usa (07/10/18 03:19 PM)

#454491 - 07/10/18 03:47 PM Re: Spent a few hours ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Tony it is always a great time to share music and Jam with friends.
I so glad you both had an enjoyable day playing. Once I recover from this Illness I just went through I plan on making a few road trips also. Since this happened to me I am seriously thinking about making a few necessary changes with gear myself. take care

#454497 - 07/10/18 05:42 PM Re: Spent a few hours ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Tony,

It was great to catch up with you and do a little jamming. For 2 guys who live a mere 20 minute drive away we need to meet up more often if not to jam, maybe lunch or breakfast.

Both Genos and Pa4x are excellent boards, there’s been plenty of testimony on the 2. I shared with Tony that as improved as Genos is for live play/gigging musician I give an edge to the Pa4x for the gigging musician. Much of that has to do with the vocal harmonizer’s live controls, it’s more flexible at least this guy finds it easier to control while playing live.

We had a great day and as Tony wrote we spun the Songbook and where it landed that’s what we played. Great too I was able to plug into his mixer and use the Podiums in stereo saved me the trouble of hauling my system.

As usual Tony was a great host, Lydia made sure we had some tasty food to eat. Just so happens I have to pass The Original Italian Bakery here in my town, so LISTEN UP Donny and any Cannoli fans, you know I just had to stop to bring some for after the jam and tasty they were.

Edited by Stephenm52 (07/10/18 05:44 PM)

#454498 - 07/10/18 06:25 PM Re: Spent a few hours ... [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Stephenm52
Tony,

It was great to catch up with you and do a little jamming. For 2 guys who live a mere 20 minute drive away we need to meet up more often if not to jam, maybe lunch or breakfast.

Both Genos and Pa4x are excellent boards, there’s been plenty of testimony on the 2. I shared with Tony that as improved as Genos is for live play/gigging musician I give an edge to the Pa4x for the gigging musician. Much of that has to do with the vocal harmonizer’s live controls, it’s more flexible at least this guy finds it easier to control while playing live.

We had a great day and as Tony wrote we spun the Songbook and where it landed that’s what we played. Great too I was able to plug into his mixer and use the Podiums in stereo saved me the trouble of hauling my system.

As usual Tony was a great host, Lydia made sure we had some tasty food to eat. Just so happens I have to pass The Original Italian Bakery here in my town, so LISTEN UP Donny and any Cannoli fans, you know I just had to stop to bring some for after the jam and tasty they were.

Steve sounds like a yummy good time

#454569 - 07/12/18 07:07 AM Re: Spent a few hours ... [Re: Dnj]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Leave the keyboard...take the cannolis.

#454571 - 07/12/18 07:22 AM Re: Spent a few hours ... [Re: tony mads usa]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Steve, sounds like you and Tony had a great time and how I wish I could have been there to hear two great musicians jamming. Maybe we'll be able to get together on your next trip to the sunny south. Sure hope so.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#454585 - 07/12/18 10:30 AM Re: Spent a few hours ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Sparky ah, you are a Cannoli fan smile

Gary I hope I can make the stop when headed south again! Likewise would have been nice to have you and a few others from SZ to join us.

#454586 - 07/12/18 11:03 AM Re: Spent a few hours ... [Re: tony mads usa]
SAM CA Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
Would've been nice if you guys shared some recordings though. How did you find the Genos orchestral instruments?

#454636 - 07/13/18 11:20 AM Re: Spent a few hours ... [Re: SAM CA]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By SAM CA
Would've been nice if you guys shared some recordings though. How did you find the Genos orchestral instruments?

I love the orchestral sounds on the Genos.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online