SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#45440 - 01/06/06 12:51 PM 1gig SD card problem
sturgeon Offline

I have just bought a 1gig SD card (the same make as a 512MB card I have that works perfectly) and SD Jukebox says "different file system, format the card" so I format the card via SD Jukebox and it says format the card... etc.

I also have RealOne Jukebox installed and this will format and write to the 1 gig card with no problems BUT it will not create user playlists, and SD Jukebox can't see the card after Real one jukebox has formated it, so I have 150 audio files in one lump and no method of sorting them.

I am using SD Jukebox 4 with a Panasonic reader/writer and this is the first problem I have had. Can anyone shed some light upon it?

The keyboard (KN2600) can read the 1gig card perfectly but this way I only have the default playlist to work from.

Cheers,

s.

[This message has been edited by sturgeon (edited 01-06-2006).]

#45441 - 01/07/06 03:03 PM Re: 1gig SD card problem
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi S

Sometime ago, I experienced a similar problem and it turned out that I had formatted the SD Card using the PC.

Apparently, it is always better to format SD Cards in the instrument itself and having done that, give the first Directory or Song File a name (any name will do) which will allow the SD Card Reader to read it and link it to the KN immediately.

Give it a try, it worked for me.

Good luck!

Aud (U.K.)

#45442 - 01/08/06 03:48 AM Re: 1gig SD card problem
sturgeon Offline

Thanks Aud, but it didn't work. SD Jukebox still said "different file system format the card" even after formatting in the keyboard, then naming the card and its first folder.

RealOne Player Jukebox couldn't see that it was formatted either! I guess I am stuck with formatting and transferring audio in RealOne and using the default playlist this creates.

Strikes me that it is a bug in SD Jukebox. I have contacted Panasonic about it but have had no response yet. The Panasonic site says that the KN2600 and KN7000 are compatible with 1gig SD cards so you would think that they would make sure their software worked with them too!

At least we have RealOne, but it is second best.

Cheers,

s.

#45443 - 01/08/06 03:32 PM Re: 1gig SD card problem
manorcourt1991 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Some 1G cards definitely work with the Panasonic Jukebox software and card reader. I have successfully used Sandisk and TPro cards. There was another brand of 1G card that my friend tried with similar problems to yours (I can't remember the brand).
I also encountered similar problems with a 256M card from PQI whilst a 512M card from the same manufacturer worked perfectly. It would appear that there is a variation in card specifications even from the same manufacturer.

Cheers
Len C.

#45444 - 01/09/06 03:45 AM Re: 1gig SD card problem
sturgeon Offline

Thanks Len, it is interesting that the standard of SD cards seems to be so variable!

I am still baffled by the fact that the same card works perfectly with RealOne Jukebox. I thought this was virtually the same thing as SD jukebox. If it wasn't for the lack of user playlists I would give up on SD jukebox and just use RealOne.

The Panasonic site says that the KN7000/2600 are not compatable with 2gig cards. I wonder if that is an internal software or hardware restriction or an SD Jukebox feature.

Cheers,

s.

#45445 - 01/10/06 08:50 AM Re: 1gig SD card problem
Audrey Turner Offline

Hi S,

Have you thought it could be a 'duff' SD Card. When the first 256mb card came on to the market I paid £89 for a Panasonic card which appeared to be working properly for the first two weeks. However, one night I loaded the card only to find it had been completely wiped clean.

Fortunately, I had backed it up, so formatted it again and restored the data to the card but when I loaded it in the keyboard, only some of the information was there. On inspection, I found the little gold 'spikes' (for want of a better description) appeared to be badly scratched so I took it back to the Retailer who agreed with me and added he thought it could be a 'duff' card. These cards are usually under a lifetime gaurantee and therefore he replaced mine immediately and the replacement card is still working fine.

Maybe you should seek advice on this. Just a suggestion.

Good luck!

Aud (U.K.)

#45446 - 01/10/06 10:00 AM Re: 1gig SD card problem
sturgeon Offline

Hi Aud,

Interesting thought, but I can't get my head around the fact that the card works perfectly if I use RealOne for Panasonic, but not at all in SD Jukebox. Surely if it were a duff card it would be duff with anything - including the keyboard.

I have even tried downloading the official Panasonic SD card formatting software and formatting it with that. The formatter says it is formatted, but SD Jukebox still says "Different file system, please format" etc.

It is reassuring to have a 10 year guarantee on the card though! One error from it and back it goes. The keyboard seems quite happy with the audio on the card from RealOne, so I will just have to wade through until I find things that I want for now.

Cheers,

s.

#45447 - 01/10/06 02:53 PM Re: 1gig SD card problem
Audrey Turner Offline

Hi S

I've had another thought on this one. When I received my KN there was a floppy disk that had to be loaded before anything else as it contained an update of the system but I'll admit I've no idea what that was all about, I just followed the instructions.
Do you think it might help to uninstall and re-install all the relevant drives etc. I believe I've seen a posting on this site in the past where people have done this and it has cured the problem.

Worth a try perhaps, particularly as the keyboard is not rejecting the card using Real One, so it does suggest it is Jukebox at fault.

Aud (U.K.)

#45448 - 01/11/06 01:17 PM Re: 1gig SD card problem
sturgeon Offline

I may just have to try that. Reinstall Jukebox anyway.

Thanks Aud,

s.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online