SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#454351 - 07/05/18 11:36 PM Finally VB3 II by GSi
Torch Offline

This is supposed to be the same engine as the one in the Mojo and GSi 122. I don't know how it compares with the old version 1.4. For certain sounds, Among VB3 1.4, B4II, and B5, my favorite is B4II. Many seem to prefer Blue3 to VB3 1.4. I

http://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=44

"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#454403 - 07/07/18 01:48 PM Re: Finally VB3 II by GSi [Re: Torch]
Bachus Offline

I think its exactly the same version as in my gemini module...

GSI is one of the top virtual simulation instrument creators..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#454418 - 07/08/18 11:14 AM Re: Finally VB3 II by GSi [Re: Bachus]
Torch Offline

You are right. I read on some forums that Guido himself confirmed that the new VST version is the same engine used in the Mojo and probably the Gemini module as you said.

I am not sure if I like the built-in Leslie effects in the new version better than the old version. Then again I didn't tweak anything. Still, right out of the box I like the sounds and GUI of the discontinued B4 II by NI. Probably more so than the piano, the tone-wheel organ combined with the factor of Leslie effects can be very very complex to reproduce.

#454419 - 07/08/18 12:47 PM Re: Finally VB3 II by GSi [Re: Torch]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Torch
You are right. I read on some forums that Guido himself confirmed that the new VST version is the same engine used in the Mojo and probably the Gemini module as you said.

I am not sure if I like the built-in Leslie effects in the new version better than the old version. Then again I didn't tweak anything. Still, right out of the box I like the sounds and GUI of the discontinued B4 II by NI. Probably more so than the piano, the tone-wheel organ combined with the factor of Leslie effects can be very very complex to reproduce.

The strong point of the gemini is that it has 11 dsp effects for each of its 2 sounds... all in a long string...

I really love the leslie, i dont think there are many that reproduce this effects much better

What i do love is using a little overdrive in the amp effect, to give the B3 sound some growl.. and then a tiny little stereo delay...and you are all set..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#454445 - 07/09/18 11:38 AM Re: Finally VB3 II by GSi [Re: Bachus]
Torch Offline

I had my eyes on the Gemini even before it was released, but I think it was you who said that you can layer only two sounds with the Gemini. That was a deal breaker for me. Still, the Gemini seems to be a very unique module.

Going back to VB3 II, I will have to tweak the Leslie settings. Slow is OK, but Fast sounds like it has too much vibrato. There are 12 pages of posts on VB3 II at KVR Audio. At this time, this post by someone describes my experience.

-------------------
"Hi! I've been giving it a test ride and the sound with a slow rotary is awesome. Better than the VB3 1.4. For me the issue happens when you hit the fast rotary... it sounds more like a vox continental than a hammond. Like too much vibrato or something. I don't know if it's the reverb or what. The VB3-I with the original Leslie 147 (not the fixed speed... that doesn't sound good) sounds more realistic. More 3D if you will.

I compared the quality of both of them and the Blue3 with the hammond from Tony Monaco's video "I'll remember jimmy". In that context, the Blue3 won the full drawbars + fast leslie race but the VB3s have a more beautiful sound overall.

For me it's VB3 > Blue3 > VB3-II."
https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7117395

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online